Udo Middelmann Returns to Nyack College for Colloquium on Civic Engagement
Nyack College will welcome Mr. Udo Middelmann, president of the Francis Schaeffer Foundation and former Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement (CSGE) Fellow to the Manhattan campus (2 Washington Street in Battery Park) as the keynote speaker for its spring Critical Reads on Civic Engagement Colloquium today, Thursday, March 16. This brown-bag lunch session will take place in The Pavilion on the 21st floor from 12:30 to 1:45pm.
Mr. Middelmann will share his reflections on Eric Liu and Nick Hanahuer's book, "The Gardens of Democracy: A New American Story of Citizenship, the Economy, and the Role of Government" (2011).
About Our Speaker
Udo Middelmann holds degrees in law from Freiburg University, Germany and in theology from Covenant Theological Seminary, St. Louis, MO. He has published and lectured widely on ethics and society around the globe and regularly publishes Footnotes.
Udo and his wife Deborah divide their time between the US and Switzerland. They have five children and seven grandchildren.
- Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary Alumni at Metro District Conference "Expectation"
- OCT 20-21: Movement Day New York City
- OCT 21: Saxophonist Jacob Nevill (NC '08) in Grace Church Concert
- OCT 23-25: Dave Powers Returns for Spiritual Formation's Prayer Summit 2017
- OCT 23: Nyack College School of Music Performance at Steinway Hall
- OCT 26: Behind the Project with Isaiah Velez
- OCT 29: Trunk or Treat Comes to Nyack College Rockland
- NOV 8-9: Nyack Scholars Symposium and National Hispanic Education Summit at Nyack
- NOV 4: Dr. Anna Flores-Locke to Present at American Counseling Association Event
- WNYK's October Alumni Spotlight: Stephen and Lauri (Boyd) McKnight
- First 2017-2018 Issue of The Forum is Released
- The Amasi Trio in Concert
- Fall Faculty Reading Features Dr. Charles Beach
- FOUNDER'S DAY CHAPEL: C&MA Canada President David Hearn
- Ron Blue Institute Center Comes to Nyack College
- WNYK Re-airs Segments of "Perspectives on Personal Living"
- Nyack Warrior Athletics and Nyack Health Services Host "Pink Out" Events
- Praise Report from Puerto Rico
- Nyack Music Professor Damien Sneed on Stage at Carnegie Hall
- Dr. Lawrence Schiffman, Dead Sea Scrolls Scholar Visits Nyack New York City
- Fashion as WordArt Hosted by Nyack's Rockland Writing Center
- Cultivate Coffee Opens on Campus
- Who's Returning to the Hillside for Homecoming?
- Listening Party for Isaiah Velez
- Borderline Music Fest Features Nyack Alumnus "Skerrit Bwoy"
- Browse Blog Archive>>