Founder/CEO Evelyn Bautista-Miller Is CSGE Colloquium Speaker
Evelyn Bautista-Miller will be the featured speaker at the Wednesday, March 15 at 4:00 p.m. for the Critical Reads colloquium on civic engagement hosted by the Nyack College Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement (CSGE).
The event will be held on Nyack’s Rockland campus in President's Hall (Shuman Hall), 185 South Highland Ave., in Nyack. She will present on the book, Pedagogy of the Oppressed by Paulo Freire, published by Bloomsbury Academic (1970).
Ms. Bautista-Miller is a professor at the Columbia University School of Social Work. She is also the CEO and founder of Tender Steps of New York, Inc. (TSONY, Inc.), a non-profit that helps individuals, families and communities navigate social conditions that negatively impact their well-being. This includes but is not limited to issues of inequity in education, intimate partner violence, challenges due to language barriers, drug addiction and citizenship status concerns.
Prof. Miller earned both her bachelor’s and master’s degrees in social work at from the State University of New York at Albany, the Rockefeller School of Social Welfare. She attended the Leadership Academy at (MCLA) Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts and attained her Educational Administration license. She is a Certified Bilingual (SDA) School District Administrator for both New York State and New Jersey.
- Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary Alumni at Metro District Conference "Expectation"
- OCT 20-21: Movement Day New York City
- OCT 21: Saxophonist Jacob Nevill (NC '08) in Grace Church Concert
- OCT 23-25: Dave Powers Returns for Spiritual Formation's Prayer Summit 2017
- OCT 23: Nyack College School of Music Performance at Steinway Hall
- OCT 26: Behind the Project with Isaiah Velez
- OCT 29: Trunk or Treat Comes to Nyack College Rockland
- NOV 8-9: Nyack Scholars Symposium and National Hispanic Education Summit at Nyack
- NOV 4: Dr. Anna Flores-Locke to Present at American Counseling Association Event
- WNYK's October Alumni Spotlight: Stephen and Lauri (Boyd) McKnight
- First 2017-2018 Issue of The Forum is Released
- The Amasi Trio in Concert
- Fall Faculty Reading Features Dr. Charles Beach
- FOUNDER'S DAY CHAPEL: C&MA Canada President David Hearn
- Ron Blue Institute Center Comes to Nyack College
- WNYK Re-airs Segments of "Perspectives on Personal Living"
- Nyack Warrior Athletics and Nyack Health Services Host "Pink Out" Events
- Praise Report from Puerto Rico
- Nyack Music Professor Damien Sneed on Stage at Carnegie Hall
- Dr. Lawrence Schiffman, Dead Sea Scrolls Scholar Visits Nyack New York City
- Fashion as WordArt Hosted by Nyack's Rockland Writing Center
- Cultivate Coffee Opens on Campus
- Who's Returning to the Hillside for Homecoming?
- Listening Party for Isaiah Velez
- Borderline Music Fest Features Nyack Alumnus "Skerrit Bwoy"
- Browse Blog Archive>>