Founder/CEO Evelyn Bautista-Miller Is CSGE Colloquium Speaker
Evelyn Bautista-Miller will be the featured speaker at the Wednesday, March 15 at 4:00 p.m. for the Critical Reads colloquium on civic engagement hosted by the Nyack College Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement (CSGE).
The event will be held on Nyack’s Rockland campus in President's Hall (Shuman Hall), 185 South Highland Ave., in Nyack. She will present on the book, Pedagogy of the Oppressed by Paulo Freire, published by Bloomsbury Academic (1970).
Ms. Bautista-Miller is a professor at the Columbia University School of Social Work. She is also the CEO and founder of Tender Steps of New York, Inc. (TSONY, Inc.), a non-profit that helps individuals, families and communities navigate social conditions that negatively impact their well-being. This includes but is not limited to issues of inequity in education, intimate partner violence, challenges due to language barriers, drug addiction and citizenship status concerns.
Prof. Miller earned both her bachelor’s and master’s degrees in social work at from the State University of New York at Albany, the Rockefeller School of Social Welfare. She attended the Leadership Academy at (MCLA) Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts and attained her Educational Administration license. She is a Certified Bilingual (SDA) School District Administrator for both New York State and New Jersey.
- Negocios Now "40 under 40" List Showcases Nyack Alumna Kathia Benitez
- March 15-17: Latino Pastoral Action Center Hosts 2018 Legacy Conference
- Music Faculty and Students Perform With Opera Star in Kansas City, MO
- Schedule Your Nyack College Visit
- MARCH 15: Writing Center's March Event: The Book of Elyon with Emmanuel Jean-Pierre
- MARCH 21: Bach's 333rd Birthday Bash!
- Metro District Women's Spring Retreat Registration In Progress
- Seminary Chapel Concludes Black History Month With Pastor Donna Baptiste
- Dr. Anita Underwood, a Panelist on Christian Radio Network
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: DeLissa Dixon
- Nyack Student Leaders at Christian Cultural Center's C3 Youth Ministry
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Althea Session-Lovett
- Nyack Alumna Tiffany Burnett ('05), a Boca Raton, FL Entrepreneur
- Spring Edition of The Forum Published
- OFFICIAL STATEMENT: Remembering God's General, Dr. Billy Graham
- Online Christian Colleges Ranks Nyack College
- Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- Shaun Jacobs-Patterson ('12) Named Senior Pastor at Trenton, NJ Church
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Isaac Foster
- Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Browse Blog Archive>>