ATS Missions Retreat at Mount Crescent House
Community was the theme of a retreat held recently at Mount Crescent House in Norwich, CT for Alliance Theological Seminary (ATS) students along with the ATS International Workers in Residence from North Africa.
Romans 12 was implicit in the storytelling that was shared by each participant. “We wanted to take time and remember our stories, the stories that are being written by God and told through us because stories remind us of God's love, grace and redemption in our lives,” says Kristi Moua, program coordinator for the Alliance Graduate School of Missions department at the seminary. A 2016 ATS alumna of the M.Div. program, she explains, “As a result of sharing our stories, we are inviting each other into one another's lives, where we can authentically walk with each other. We wanted to remember a community of love, healing, forgiveness, acceptance, truth, and grace. And it doesn't stop at the end of the retreat, but we will continue to do this in our daily lives with old and new communities we encounter with the Lord.”
The retreat is held once each semester at a variety of locations from year to year and is announced to students in class, in chapel and via promotional flyers.
- Negocios Now "40 under 40" List Showcases Nyack Alumna Kathia Benitez
- March 15-17: Latino Pastoral Action Center Hosts 2018 Legacy Conference
- Music Faculty and Students Perform With Opera Star in Kansas City, MO
- Schedule Your Nyack College Visit
- MARCH 15: Writing Center's March Event: The Book of Elyon with Emmanuel Jean-Pierre
- MARCH 21: Bach's 333rd Birthday Bash!
- Metro District Women's Spring Retreat Registration In Progress
- Seminary Chapel Concludes Black History Month With Pastor Donna Baptiste
- Dr. Anita Underwood, a Panelist on Christian Radio Network
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: DeLissa Dixon
- Nyack Student Leaders at Christian Cultural Center's C3 Youth Ministry
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Althea Session-Lovett
- Nyack Alumna Tiffany Burnett ('05), a Boca Raton, FL Entrepreneur
- Spring Edition of The Forum Published
- OFFICIAL STATEMENT: Remembering God's General, Dr. Billy Graham
- Online Christian Colleges Ranks Nyack College
- Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- Shaun Jacobs-Patterson ('12) Named Senior Pastor at Trenton, NJ Church
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Isaac Foster
- Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Browse Blog Archive>>