Nyack College School of Business Hosts Competition for Local Entrepreneurs
Nyack School of Business and Leadership Associate Professor Dr. Susanne Hartl (above)has established a partnership with the Center for Transformative Work (CTW). Students are currently a part of an eight-week learning community that meets on the Rockland County campus in Boon Campus Center (Room 412) every Wednesday through March 15 from 6:30-8:00 p.m. to explore how to integrate faith into the work environment. Those who attend these sessions earn chapel credit. Pastors and seminarians are also welcome to learn how to support business people in their congregations. The workshop is free of charge, but registration is required.
Nyack's partnership with CTW also makes Nyack College students and local entrepreneurs eligible to compete in a “Shark Tank-like” event called The Entrepreneurial Business Venture Competition on Friday, March 31 in Shuman Hall, 185 South Highland Ave. in Nyack. Applications can be completed here for the chance to give an eight-minute pitch to a panel of judges. The deadline for applying is March 9. Five finalists will be chosen for the March 31 competition.
All competitors must convey how they will meet the three judging criteria:
Does Your Business Address a Societal Need?
Is Your Business Financially Sustainable?
Does Your Business Integrate Your Christian Faith?
First prize is $10,000, second prize is $7,500 and third prize is $5,000 to help get a business started or to ramp up an existing business. In addition to the financial awards, winners will receive professional business coaching. Cash prizes will be distributed by the business coach, who will work with the winners on goals and milestones.
Tickets to attend the event are free, but must be obtained at the Center for Transformative Work website. Seating is limited. Request tickets today!
- WNYK 88.7FM December Alumni Spotlight: Caitlin Kerr
- An "In the Heights" Postscript
- Nyack College School of Music December Concerts
- A Year of Jubilee for the School of Education
- Dr. Louis DeCaro Awarded John Brown Society Silver Medal
- THE CAUSE: Supporting Educators in Urban Schools
- Nyack Students and Faculty in Christmas Music at the Mall
- Writing Center's "Grand Slam" Postponed Until Spring Semester
- A Christmas Tradition: The Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Four Women Volleyball Players on All-Academic Team
- CCCU Leadership Institute Member Rahn Franklin Visits Nyack
- Carol & Candlelight Tour Marks 69th Year
- WNYK Interviews Cast Members of "In the Heights"
- Alumna Alyssa Cruz Presents on Technology-Infused and Data-Driven Lesson Planning
- #GivingTuesday for Nyack's Seminario Teológico de Puerto Rico
- Three Nyack Warriors on 2017 Men's Soccer All-Academic Team
- Nyack Athletes in the Kitchen for Community Thanksgiving Dinner
- Nyack College In Top 20 Schools for Environment on 2018 Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education U.S. College Rankings
- Christian Medical & Dental Association NYC Chapter Holds "Care for the Soul" Conference
- RELEASE: Nyack's Campus in Puerto Rico Leads Community Outreach
- WNYK 88.7FM November Alumni Spotlight: Grace Williams ('15)
- Dr. Lyndell O'Hara - Colloquium Speaker
- The Forum, Vol. 2., Issue 2
- Opening Day for National Hispanic Education Summit and Scholars Symposium
- NOV 8-9: Scholars Symposium and National Hispanic Education Summit at Nyack
- Browse Blog Archive>>