Student Spotlight: Jill Kim, AGSC Marriage and Family Therapy Major
Alliance Graduate School of Counseling (AGSC) part-time student Jill Kim completed her first semester in the Marriage and Family Therapy (MFT) program. Though this wife and mother of four children (a three-year-old, a five-year-old and seven-year-old twins) who is also a church elder already holds a Master of Divinity degree from another institution, what she learned quickly is that her higher education experience at Nyack College was going to be very different from previous ones.
“After my first semester in the MFT program at AGSC, I am amazed by how much I have learned and grown. In this short time, I have experienced much emotion, gained great insight and have been blessed with revelations about my family and myself. I am incredibly humbled and excited to begin the next semester," she shares. "Tracing my family voyage helped me to see the blessings that God has shown my family. It was a great privilege to be able to hear my classmates give their own family voyage presentations. There is a deep bond that forms after you hear someone's family voyage and the different paths we all took to be here at Nyack. God is working in my classmates’ families and it is an honor to be able to witness God's mighty and gracious deeds.”
One of the most powerful forms of promoting degree programs offered at Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary is word of mouth. Jill credits two friends, Julie Choi and Ralph Yoon, both graduates of the AGSC Mental Health Counseling concentration, who highly recommended that Jill consider the MFT concentration. It was exactly what she was seeking. Working within a family ministry context in her home church, she felt the need for more training in counseling. She looks forward to using the tools she is gaining after her 2021 graduation by facilitating seminars on marriage enrichment, parenting and conflict resolution.
How would she pay forward the life-changing advice of her friends to other prospective students? “I would tell them that the AGSC professors are incredible teachers, mentors and counselors. I think they are the best in the field of MFT.”
- Rev. G. Palmer Pardington, III (1939-2017) to Be Memorialized
- New Testament City of Bethsaida Unearthed?
- Remembering Dr. Rexford Boda, President Emeritus (1933-2017)
- Dr. Marie White Recognized by American Educational Research Association
- RELEASE: Nyack College Opts In to the NYS Enhanced Tuition Award
- El-Araj Excavation Update and Photo Gallery
- Summertime Prayer
- Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, "Mutual by Design" Conference Speaker
- Lauren Lebo, Lacrosse Head Coach
- SAVE THE DATES! September 29 & 30: Borderline Music Festival
- From Dr. Steve Notley in Israel: AJCO Dig Discovery!
- AGSC's Marriage & Family Therapy Ranked #4 Among Top 25 Counseling Programs in the Northeast
- Nyack Basketball Alumni Compete at IBall National Pro Combine
- School of Ed Professors Recognized by American Educational Research Association
- Celebrating the Life of ATS Alumna Aliceteen Taylor
- Memorial Service for Robin Luce
- Division of Student Success Dean Hosts STEM Event for Rockland Youth
- Remembering Manuel Ocana: A Strong, Gentle Leader
- Nyack College Partners With Long Island School on NYS Presidential Scholarship
- Nyack Profs Present at The Great Fish Count
- 2017 Sports Camp for Youth at Nyack College
- Nyack Alumni Sean Pica and Luis Diaz on SiriusXM Broadcast
- Nyack Scholars Symposium Presentation Proposal Deadline
- Rockland Leaders Gather to Show Appreciation for Community Relations Director Earl Miller
- Remembering Robin Luce
- Browse Blog Archive>>