Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, C&MA Metro District Women's Retreat Speaker
Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, Nyack College Bible professor will be the featured speaker at the Metro District of The Christian and Missionary Alliance Women’s Retreat scheduled Friday, March 31 through Sunday, April 2 at the Stockton Seaview Hotel and Golf Club in Galloway, NJ. The theme is "Empowering Womanhood."
Dr. Abdallah is passionate about life. She is a wife and a mother of two who writes, teaches, preaches, leads, and mentors in the United States and abroad. Woman, the rite of passage she pioneered has been transforming and empowering its many participants for several years; it also inspired her first book, The Book of Womanhood (Cascade Books, 2015). In addition to leading women, Amy also guides others academically as associate professor of theology and Bible at Nyack College.
She earned a Ph.D. from Drew University and an M.Div. from Alliance Theological Seminary. Some of her favorite courses include Worship: Ancient and Future; Classic Christian Spirituality; and Male and Female in Biblical Perspective. She teaches Worship Arts and Disciplines at Alliance Theological Seminary, coordinates seminary chapels, and leads Global Service-Learning courses that have been taught in Israel, Turkey, Egypt and Syria.
Amy prioritizes experiential learning, and whether in the United States or abroad, she brings passion and intellect to her teaching, writing, academic presentations, preaching and ministry. In her free time, she enjoys exercise, photography, climbing mountains, travel, adventuring with her husband and sons, learning languages and the creative arts.
Find her on the web at amyfdavisabdallah.com and on twitter @amyfdavisa.
Registration for the Metro District retreat ends Friday, February 24. For more information, click here.
- Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary Alumni at Metro District Conference "Expectation"
- OCT 20-21: Movement Day New York City
- OCT 21: Saxophonist Jacob Nevill (NC '08) in Grace Church Concert
- OCT 23-25: Dave Powers Returns for Spiritual Formation's Prayer Summit 2017
- OCT 23: Nyack College School of Music Performance at Steinway Hall
- OCT 26: Behind the Project with Isaiah Velez
- OCT 29: Trunk or Treat Comes to Nyack College Rockland
- NOV 8-9: Nyack Scholars Symposium and National Hispanic Education Summit at Nyack
- NOV 4: Dr. Anna Flores-Locke to Present at American Counseling Association Event
- WNYK's October Alumni Spotlight: Stephen and Lauri (Boyd) McKnight
- First 2017-2018 Issue of The Forum is Released
- The Amasi Trio in Concert
- Fall Faculty Reading Features Dr. Charles Beach
- FOUNDER'S DAY CHAPEL: C&MA Canada President David Hearn
- Ron Blue Institute Center Comes to Nyack College
- WNYK Re-airs Segments of "Perspectives on Personal Living"
- Nyack Warrior Athletics and Nyack Health Services Host "Pink Out" Events
- Praise Report from Puerto Rico
- Nyack Music Professor Damien Sneed on Stage at Carnegie Hall
- Dr. Lawrence Schiffman, Dead Sea Scrolls Scholar Visits Nyack New York City
- Fashion as WordArt Hosted by Nyack's Rockland Writing Center
- Cultivate Coffee Opens on Campus
- Who's Returning to the Hillside for Homecoming?
- Listening Party for Isaiah Velez
- Borderline Music Fest Features Nyack Alumnus "Skerrit Bwoy"
- Browse Blog Archive>>