Nyack Students Participate in NY Student Aid Alliance Event
Nyack College students, faculty and staff along with financial aid administrators were among the hundreds who traveled to Albany, NY this week in support of the New York Student Aid Alliance (NYSAA) advocating for the protection of state financial aid. The daylong event took place in the Legislative Office Building.
The students from both the Rockland and New York City campuses who participated were Omar Tlapanco, Tim Liang, Lisa Essor, Yanick Dues, Byanca Pierre, Ethan Hodge, Monifah Blackwood, Diamond Flowers, Noricia Campbell, Dilayla Hidalgo, Paula Bolzan, Pacquel Mullings, Daniel Larson, Codi Bobb and Joshua Spence. Nyack's Ethan Hodge spoke to those convened about how invaluable HEOP and his Nyack College community has meant to him. Staff members Nathaniel Perez, Grace Schroeder and Shawn Roseburgh accompanied the students.
A hashtag, #limitlesslearningNY, was created to encourage students to post on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram, their personal stories of how TAP and other forms of aid have benefited them.
The Nyack representatives were given the opportunity to meet with New York State Senator David Carlucci (38th District—the towns of Ramapo, Clarkstown and Orangetown in Rockland County as well as the town of Ossining in Westchester County), an intern for Assemblymember Ellen Jaffee (97th District—Suffern) and Assemblymember Yuh-Line Niou (65th District—Chinatown, the Lower East Side, the Financial District, and Battery Park City).
Learn more about Nyack's Division of Student Success, which includes the Higher Education Opportunity Program, Compass Services and the Chi Alpha Epsilon (XAE) National Honor Society. Information on the NYSAA can be found here.
- March 29: The Amasi Trio in Concert
- Nyack College Opera Workshop Presents Verdi's "La Traviata"
- Nyack's Spring Production: The Importance of Being Earnest
- MARCH 25: Dr. Guy Waters - Plenary Speaker for Evangelical Theological Society Conference
- Nyack Alumna, Kathia Benitez Is Director of sustainNU program at Northwestern University
- Alliance Graduate School of Counseling Reunion at NYC Campus
- Bach's 332nd Birthday Bash
- The Gates Way to Medieval Times
- March 18: Hudson River Pianofest 2017 at Nyack College
- President Michael G. Scales to Begin New Term on CICU Board
- Udo Middelmann Returns to Nyack College for Colloquium on Civic Engagement
- Nyack School of Music Students on Harry Connick Jr. Show
- What Is Love? Nyack Rockland Artists Answer the Question
- American Red Cross Blood Drive at Nyack College
- Founder/CEO Evelyn Bautista-Miller Is CSGE Colloquium Speaker
- ATS Missions Retreat at Mount Crescent House
- Nyack College and Local Entrepreneurs to Compete for Over $22,000 in Prizes
- Academic Year 2017-2018 Applications Being Accepted for Student Leaders
- Nyack Rockland Associate Dean Wanda Velez, a Hope Gathering Speaker
- MARCH 2: An Authors' Talk Hosted by Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Program
- Fifth Anniversary Celebration & Silent Auction to Benefit Empower Program
- Student Spotlight: Jill Kim, AGSC Marriage and Family Therapy Major
- Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, C&MA Metro District Women's Retreat Speaker
- WNYK Pays Tribute to Black History Month
- Browse Blog Archive>>