Nyack Students Participate in NY Student Aid Alliance Event
Nyack College students, faculty and staff along with financial aid administrators were among the hundreds who traveled to Albany, NY this week in support of the New York Student Aid Alliance (NYSAA) advocating for the protection of state financial aid. The daylong event took place in the Legislative Office Building.
The students from both the Rockland and New York City campuses who participated were Omar Tlapanco, Tim Liang, Lisa Essor, Yanick Dues, Byanca Pierre, Ethan Hodge, Monifah Blackwood, Diamond Flowers, Noricia Campbell, Dilayla Hidalgo, Paula Bolzan, Pacquel Mullings, Daniel Larson, Codi Bobb and Joshua Spence. Nyack's Ethan Hodge spoke to those convened about how invaluable HEOP and his Nyack College community has meant to him. Staff members Nathaniel Perez, Grace Schroeder and Shawn Roseburgh accompanied the students.
A hashtag, #limitlesslearningNY, was created to encourage students to post on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram, their personal stories of how TAP and other forms of aid have benefited them.
The Nyack representatives were given the opportunity to meet with New York State Senator David Carlucci (38th District—the towns of Ramapo, Clarkstown and Orangetown in Rockland County as well as the town of Ossining in Westchester County), an intern for Assemblymember Ellen Jaffee (97th District—Suffern) and Assemblymember Yuh-Line Niou (65th District—Chinatown, the Lower East Side, the Financial District, and Battery Park City).
Learn more about Nyack's Division of Student Success, which includes the Higher Education Opportunity Program, Compass Services and the Chi Alpha Epsilon (XAE) National Honor Society. Information on the NYSAA can be found here.
- Academic Year 2017-2018 Applications Being Accepted for Student Leaders
- Student Spotlight: Jill Kim, AGSC Marriage and Family Therapy Major
- MARCH 2: An Authors' Talk Hosted by Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Program
- MARCH 3: Nyack Rockland Associate Dean Wanda Velez, a Hope Gathering Speaker
- Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, C&MA Metro District Women's Retreat Speaker
- WNYK Pays Tribute to Black History Month
- Feb 18: School of Music's Noel Wippler, a Featured Artist in Mid-Atlantic Jazz Festival
- FEB 18: Purpose Performs at Katonah Village Library
- Nyack Students Participate in NY Student Aid Alliance Event
- Recapturing the Art of Writing Love Letters
- Meet Dynamic NY Talent Trinity Rose on WNYK 88.7FM
- Accreditation Renewed for Nyack by the Association of Christian Schools International
- 2017 Alumni & Friends Phonathon Underway
- Yahoo! for Krysten Peek and Her 7-Continent Run
- Nyack Center Announces Winners of the Martin Luther King Oratory Contest
- Rev. Charles Galbreath--Nyack Chapel Speaker
- Deeper Life Series with Dr. Michael and Mrs. Lisa Plunket
- Udo Middelmann, Civic Engagement Speaker at Nyack Rockland and Nyack New York City
- ATS Alumni Among 2017 Pastors' Prayer Summit Leaders
- Dr. Jacqueline Washington Contributes to Research Article in Nature Microbiology
- Celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Nyack Community Remembers NYC Music Student Curtis Crum III
- 13 of Nyack's Fall Athletes Recognized for Their Academic Excellence
- Save the DAte for Nyack's School of Music Concert at David Geffen Hall, Lincoln Center
- Global Service-Learning Director Updates on Nyack/ATS Teams in Israel
- Browse Blog Archive>>