MARCH 3: Nyack Rockland Associate Dean Wanda Velez, a Hope Gathering Speaker
Associate Dean of Students Wanda Velez (Nyack College Rockland campus) will be among the roster of dynamic speakers at The Hope Gathering on Friday, March 3, beginning at 7:00 p.m. and continuing all day Saturday, March 4 from 9:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m. at the W83 Ministry Center, 150 West 83rd Street in Manhattan.
This annual event convenes women from more than 60 different New York City churches to share stories of the impact God has had in and through their lives. The Hope Gathering is sponsored by Cru, a non-profit evangelical organization founded by Bill Bright for university students.
Dean Velez has been an employee of Nyack College since 2001, beginning her tenure as the Director of Alumni Relations followed by her transition to the Office of Student Development in 2003. In her role as dean since 2010, she heads the Office of Student Development, a branch of the College that governs all facets of student life. She has served Nyack in numerous roles including fundraising, community engagement, and leadership development as well as crisis intervention, mentorship and spiritual formation.
The alumna of Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary was also ordained as a minister of the gospel in 2011 by The Gathering Place Global Ministries. Rev. Velez is passionate about the call “to proclaim good news to the poor, to proclaim liberty to the captives and recovering of sight to the blind, and to set at liberty those who are oppressed.”
Learn more about The Hope Gathering registration and tickets here.
- Academic Year 2017-2018 Applications Being Accepted for Student Leaders
- Student Spotlight: Jill Kim, AGSC Marriage and Family Therapy Major
- MARCH 2: An Authors' Talk Hosted by Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Program
- MARCH 3: Nyack Rockland Associate Dean Wanda Velez, a Hope Gathering Speaker
- Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, C&MA Metro District Women's Retreat Speaker
- WNYK Pays Tribute to Black History Month
- Feb 18: School of Music's Noel Wippler, a Featured Artist in Mid-Atlantic Jazz Festival
- FEB 18: Purpose Performs at Katonah Village Library
- Nyack Students Participate in NY Student Aid Alliance Event
- Recapturing the Art of Writing Love Letters
- Meet Dynamic NY Talent Trinity Rose on WNYK 88.7FM
- Accreditation Renewed for Nyack by the Association of Christian Schools International
- 2017 Alumni & Friends Phonathon Underway
- Yahoo! for Krysten Peek and Her 7-Continent Run
- Nyack Center Announces Winners of the Martin Luther King Oratory Contest
- Rev. Charles Galbreath--Nyack Chapel Speaker
- Deeper Life Series with Dr. Michael and Mrs. Lisa Plunket
- Udo Middelmann, Civic Engagement Speaker at Nyack Rockland and Nyack New York City
- ATS Alumni Among 2017 Pastors' Prayer Summit Leaders
- Dr. Jacqueline Washington Contributes to Research Article in Nature Microbiology
- Celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Nyack Community Remembers NYC Music Student Curtis Crum III
- 13 of Nyack's Fall Athletes Recognized for Their Academic Excellence
- Save the DAte for Nyack's School of Music Concert at David Geffen Hall, Lincoln Center
- Global Service-Learning Director Updates on Nyack/ATS Teams in Israel
- Browse Blog Archive>>