Rev. Charles Galbreath--Nyack Chapel Speaker
The Nyack College Office of Spiritual Formation is proud to welcome home Rev. Charles O. Galbreath (pictured above) as the chapel speaker for Friday, February 3 at 10:05 a.m. in Pardington Hall, 45 South Boulevard in Nyack, NY. Rev. Galbreath, affectionately known as Pastor Charles, serves as the senior pastor of Clarendon Road Church (CRC) in Brooklyn, New York.
Pastor Charles earned his undergraduate degree magna cum laude at Nyack College in 2006. In 2011, his alma mater named him Nyack’s Young Alumnus of the Year. He holds graduate degrees in divinity and theology from Alliance Theological Seminary and Princeton Theological Seminary. He is a Ph.D. candidate at Fordham University’s Graduate School of Religion and Religious Education.
In addition to his responsibilities at CRC, Pastor Charles also has the privilege of serving as the Director of Field Education at Alliance Theological Seminary in New York City. He currently serves on the Advisory Council on Faith-Based and Community Partnerships headeded by Brooklyn Borough President Eric Adams. Pastor Charles is also the Treasurer of the 67th Precinct Clergy Council, a member of the District Executive Committee for the Metropolitan District of the C&MA, Vice President of the Association of African American Church of the C&MA and has served as Co-Chair of the 45th Council District Committee in Brooklyn, NY.
Charles is married to his college sweetheart (NC '05) Flobien Vidal Galbreath. Together they are the proud parents of a son, Charles Oliver Galbreath, Jr. (C.J.) and a daughter, Malia Marie Galbreath.
Nyack’s Creative Arts team, coordinated by 2016 Alliance Theological Seminary alumnus Emmanuel Jean-Pierre, will also make presentations during this chapel service.
- Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary Alumni at Metro District Conference "Expectation"
- OCT 20-21: Movement Day New York City
- OCT 21: Saxophonist Jacob Nevill (NC '08) in Grace Church Concert
- OCT 23-25: Dave Powers Returns for Spiritual Formation's Prayer Summit 2017
- OCT 23: Nyack College School of Music Performance at Steinway Hall
- OCT 26: Behind the Project with Isaiah Velez
- OCT 29: Trunk or Treat Comes to Nyack College Rockland
- NOV 8-9: Nyack Scholars Symposium and National Hispanic Education Summit at Nyack
- NOV 4: Dr. Anna Flores-Locke to Present at American Counseling Association Event
- WNYK's October Alumni Spotlight: Stephen and Lauri (Boyd) McKnight
- First 2017-2018 Issue of The Forum is Released
- The Amasi Trio in Concert
- Fall Faculty Reading Features Dr. Charles Beach
- FOUNDER'S DAY CHAPEL: C&MA Canada President David Hearn
- Ron Blue Institute Center Comes to Nyack College
- WNYK Re-airs Segments of "Perspectives on Personal Living"
- Nyack Warrior Athletics and Nyack Health Services Host "Pink Out" Events
- Praise Report from Puerto Rico
- Nyack Music Professor Damien Sneed on Stage at Carnegie Hall
- Dr. Lawrence Schiffman, Dead Sea Scrolls Scholar Visits Nyack New York City
- Fashion as WordArt Hosted by Nyack's Rockland Writing Center
- Cultivate Coffee Opens on Campus
- Who's Returning to the Hillside for Homecoming?
- Listening Party for Isaiah Velez
- Borderline Music Fest Features Nyack Alumnus "Skerrit Bwoy"
- Browse Blog Archive>>