Nyack Center Announces Winners of the Martin Luther King Oratory Contest
Nyack College along with Dominican College, SUNY Rockland Community College and St. Thomas Aquinas College partnered with corporate sponsor, Orange & Rockland Utilities, to present the 2017 Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Oratory Contest at the Nyack Center in downtown Nyack on February 4.
Participants delivered a three to five minute segment of a speech or letter written by Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. First place winner was Aleah Green, Spring Valley High School; second place, Abimaelle Belizaire, Spring Valley High School and third place, Neviyah Williams of Chestnut Ridge Middle School.
Awards for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners were $1,000, $500 and $250 to Nyack College, SUNY Rockland Community College, St. Thomas Aquinas College or Dominican College. Awards of $500, $300 and $200 scholarships to other colleges and universities were presented.
Contest judges were Dorothy Filoramo, Dominican College; Gina Funaro, St. Thomas Aquinas College; Colleen Guyre, Orange & Rockland; Mondaire Jones and Drusilla Kinzonzi, contest co- coordinator.
Congratulations to all participants!
- The Forum....Issue #6
- Nyack's Wakefield Wins CACC Conference Golf Championship
- Jonathan Demme, a Nyack Organizational Leadership Guest Speaker
- Nyack Honor Society Students Celebrated
- Summer 2017 Research Grants for Nyack Faculty Announced
- Issachah Savage Conducts Masterclass for Nyack Music Students
- Nyack College Helps Keep Rockland Beautiful
- APRIL 23: Nyack's "La Traviata" Performance Will Benefit Ottawa, IL Tornado Victims
- Warriors Men’s Soccer Loses 4-3 to United States Military Academy in Spring Finale
- Nyack Music Faculty/Alumnus ('09) Carlos Cuestas at Watchung Arts Center
- Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary 2017 Commencement
- Fishing Club Fundraiser
- Bill Roesch of Impact Paterson Begins Coaching Business Venture Competition Winners
- Nyack Bio Students Present at SEA PHAGES Conference
- High Praise in the Lincoln Center "Sanctuary"
- Winners of the Nyack College 2017 Student Research Conference Announced
- Dean Wanda Velez--a Panelist for Women in Leadership Conference
- Dr. James Danaher, INDIES Book of the Year Awards Finalist
- The Art of Photography With Rebecca Przywara
- Dr. Lawrence Resseler Conducts School of Social Work Seminar
- English Department Welcomes Author Steven Florczyk to the Nyack Rockland Campus
- CSGE Colloquium Features Dr. Larry Poston
- The Music of Dr. Tammy Lum Featured on WWFM.org., the Classical Network
- CSGE Releases Digital Brochure for April 4 Student Research Conference
- Nyack College School of Business Hosts Competition for Local Entrepreneurs
- Browse Blog Archive>>