Nyack Center Announces Winners of the Martin Luther King Oratory Contest
Nyack College along with Dominican College, SUNY Rockland Community College and St. Thomas Aquinas College partnered with corporate sponsor, Orange & Rockland Utilities, to present the 2017 Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Oratory Contest at the Nyack Center in downtown Nyack on February 4.
Participants delivered a three to five minute segment of a speech or letter written by Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. First place winner was Aleah Green, Spring Valley High School; second place, Abimaelle Belizaire, Spring Valley High School and third place, Neviyah Williams of Chestnut Ridge Middle School.
Awards for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners were $1,000, $500 and $250 to Nyack College, SUNY Rockland Community College, St. Thomas Aquinas College or Dominican College. Awards of $500, $300 and $200 scholarships to other colleges and universities were presented.
Contest judges were Dorothy Filoramo, Dominican College; Gina Funaro, St. Thomas Aquinas College; Colleen Guyre, Orange & Rockland; Mondaire Jones and Drusilla Kinzonzi, contest co- coordinator.
Congratulations to all participants!
- Holiday Sales With a Social Purpose
- The Forum...Bringing Holiday Cheer
- WNYK 88.7FM December Alumni Spotlight: Caitlin Kerr
- An "In the Heights" Postscript
- A Year of Jubilee for the School of Education
- Dr. Louis DeCaro Awarded John Brown Society Silver Medal
- THE CAUSE: Supporting Educators in Urban Schools
- Nyack Students and Faculty in Christmas Music at the Mall
- Writing Center's "Grand Slam" Postponed Until Spring Semester
- A Christmas Tradition: The Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Four Women Volleyball Players on All-Academic Team
- CCCU Leadership Institute Member Rahn Franklin Visits Nyack
- Carol & Candlelight Tour Marks 69th Year
- WNYK Interviews Cast Members of "In the Heights"
- Alumna Alyssa Cruz Presents on Technology-Infused and Data-Driven Lesson Planning
- #GivingTuesday for Nyack's Seminario Teológico de Puerto Rico
- Three Nyack Warriors on 2017 Men's Soccer All-Academic Team
- Nyack Athletes in the Kitchen for Community Thanksgiving Dinner
- Nyack College In Top 20 Schools for Environment on 2018 Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education U.S. College Rankings
- Christian Medical & Dental Association NYC Chapter Holds "Care for the Soul" Conference
- RELEASE: Nyack's Campus in Puerto Rico Leads Community Outreach
- WNYK 88.7FM November Alumni Spotlight: Grace Williams ('15)
- Dr. Lyndell O'Hara - Colloquium Speaker
- The Forum, Vol. 2., Issue 2
- Opening Day for National Hispanic Education Summit and Scholars Symposium
- Browse Blog Archive>>