Nyack Center Announces Winners of the Martin Luther King Oratory Contest
Nyack College along with Dominican College, SUNY Rockland Community College and St. Thomas Aquinas College partnered with corporate sponsor, Orange & Rockland Utilities, to present the 2017 Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Oratory Contest at the Nyack Center in downtown Nyack on February 4.
Participants delivered a three to five minute segment of a speech or letter written by Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. First place winner was Aleah Green, Spring Valley High School; second place, Abimaelle Belizaire, Spring Valley High School and third place, Neviyah Williams of Chestnut Ridge Middle School.
Awards for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners were $1,000, $500 and $250 to Nyack College, SUNY Rockland Community College, St. Thomas Aquinas College or Dominican College. Awards of $500, $300 and $200 scholarships to other colleges and universities were presented.
Contest judges were Dorothy Filoramo, Dominican College; Gina Funaro, St. Thomas Aquinas College; Colleen Guyre, Orange & Rockland; Mondaire Jones and Drusilla Kinzonzi, contest co- coordinator.
Congratulations to all participants!
- March 29: The Amasi Trio in Concert
- Nyack College Opera Workshop Presents Verdi's "La Traviata"
- Nyack's Spring Production: The Importance of Being Earnest
- MARCH 25: Dr. Guy Waters - Plenary Speaker for Evangelical Theological Society Conference
- Nyack Alumna, Kathia Benitez Is Director of sustainNU program at Northwestern University
- Alliance Graduate School of Counseling Reunion at NYC Campus
- Bach's 332nd Birthday Bash
- The Gates Way to Medieval Times
- March 18: Hudson River Pianofest 2017 at Nyack College
- President Michael G. Scales to Begin New Term on CICU Board
- Udo Middelmann Returns to Nyack College for Colloquium on Civic Engagement
- Nyack School of Music Students on Harry Connick Jr. Show
- What Is Love? Nyack Rockland Artists Answer the Question
- American Red Cross Blood Drive at Nyack College
- Founder/CEO Evelyn Bautista-Miller Is CSGE Colloquium Speaker
- ATS Missions Retreat at Mount Crescent House
- Nyack College and Local Entrepreneurs to Compete for Over $22,000 in Prizes
- Academic Year 2017-2018 Applications Being Accepted for Student Leaders
- Nyack Rockland Associate Dean Wanda Velez, a Hope Gathering Speaker
- MARCH 2: An Authors' Talk Hosted by Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Program
- Fifth Anniversary Celebration & Silent Auction to Benefit Empower Program
- Student Spotlight: Jill Kim, AGSC Marriage and Family Therapy Major
- Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, C&MA Metro District Women's Retreat Speaker
- WNYK Pays Tribute to Black History Month
- Browse Blog Archive>>