13 of Nyack's Fall Athletes Recognized for Their Academic Excellence
by Aabye-Gayle Favilla
As student-athletes, Nyack Warriors work to grow stronger intellectually, physically, and spiritually. When that hard work translates into exceptional results in the classroom, student-athletes are recognized by the Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference (CACC).
Thirteen of Nyack’s fall athletes have embodied our school’s value of academic excellence and been named by the CACC to their respective sport’s 2016 All-Academic Team.
All-Academic Team athletes are at least a sophomore, have competed on their current team for at least two semesters, and have a cumulative GPA of no less than 3.50.
It is no small task to balance the demands of college athletics and academics. And so it is with great joy that we congratulate the following Nyack Warriors for their exceptional achievement as student-athletes.
Three of Nyack’s student-athletes were named to the CACC Women's Cross Country All-Academic Team. Seniors Trisha Frazer (3.76 GPA) and Danielle Wilson (3.78 GPA) earned the distinction for the third time. Junior Sidney Spaschak (3.69 GPA) was named to the All-Academic team for the second time.
Three of Nyack’s student-athletes were named to the CACC Men's Soccer All-Academic Team: junior Francois Legoedec (3.63 GPA); sophomore Wiktor Lasota (3.97 GPA); and sophomore Finn Reese (4.0 GPA), one of only three men’s soccer players to earn a perfect grade point average.
Five of Nyack’s student-athletes were named to the CACC Women's Soccer All-Academic Team. Senior Katherine Oldfield (3.68 GPA) received the distinction for the third time. Juniors Rebekah Lawler (3.67) and Jordan Jansen (3.77 GPA) made the list for the second time. Junior Karla Dominguez (3.59 GPA) and sophomore Vanessa Séfriou (3.59 GPA) each earned the honor for the first time.
Two of Nyack’s student-athletes were named to the CACC Women's Volleyball All-Academic Team for the second time in their collegiate careers: juniors Kelsi Collins (3.92 GPA) and Lindsay Miller (3.66 GPA).
Nyack congratulates all of these exceptional student-athletes.
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Nyack New York City School of Music Student on "Harry" TV Show
- Screening of Documentary, "13th"
- Katalina Padilla: Being the Change
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Dr. Cleotha Robertson
- Feb 15: Screening of "13th" on Nyack Rockland Campus
- Feb 22: Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- February 28: Deadline for Endowed Scholarship Applications
- School of Education Dean Updates Program Accreditations
- Nyack's WNYK 88.7 FM Warrior Radio Airs Black History Month Features
- Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium Series
- Athletes Leadership Conference at Nyack College
- How a Nyack Sports Hero Was Celebrated
- First Hudson Link/Nyack College Graduation at Taconic Correctional Facility
- January 29-31: Deeper Life Series Speaker is Dr. Jonathan Shaw
- "Dan Bailey Day" at Nyack
- Head Men's Basketball Coach Jason Crafton on WNYK
- WNYK 88.7FM January Alumni Spotlight: Orlando Suazo
- 2018 Empower Retreat Attendees From 51 Churches and Seven States
- Nyack Scholarship and Global Engagement Director Heads Peace and Hope International
- School of Music Art Series Features Pianist Hui-Mei Lin
- Spiritual Life at Nyack College: Chapel Services
- Browse Blog Archive>>