13 of Nyack's Fall Athletes Recognized for Their Academic Excellence
by Aabye-Gayle Favilla
As student-athletes, Nyack Warriors work to grow stronger intellectually, physically, and spiritually. When that hard work translates into exceptional results in the classroom, student-athletes are recognized by the Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference (CACC).
Thirteen of Nyack’s fall athletes have embodied our school’s value of academic excellence and been named by the CACC to their respective sport’s 2016 All-Academic Team.
All-Academic Team athletes are at least a sophomore, have competed on their current team for at least two semesters, and have a cumulative GPA of no less than 3.50.
It is no small task to balance the demands of college athletics and academics. And so it is with great joy that we congratulate the following Nyack Warriors for their exceptional achievement as student-athletes.
Three of Nyack’s student-athletes were named to the CACC Women's Cross Country All-Academic Team. Seniors Trisha Frazer (3.76 GPA) and Danielle Wilson (3.78 GPA) earned the distinction for the third time. Junior Sidney Spaschak (3.69 GPA) was named to the All-Academic team for the second time.
Three of Nyack’s student-athletes were named to the CACC Men's Soccer All-Academic Team: junior Francois Legoedec (3.63 GPA); sophomore Wiktor Lasota (3.97 GPA); and sophomore Finn Reese (4.0 GPA), one of only three men’s soccer players to earn a perfect grade point average.
Five of Nyack’s student-athletes were named to the CACC Women's Soccer All-Academic Team. Senior Katherine Oldfield (3.68 GPA) received the distinction for the third time. Juniors Rebekah Lawler (3.67) and Jordan Jansen (3.77 GPA) made the list for the second time. Junior Karla Dominguez (3.59 GPA) and sophomore Vanessa Séfriou (3.59 GPA) each earned the honor for the first time.
Two of Nyack’s student-athletes were named to the CACC Women's Volleyball All-Academic Team for the second time in their collegiate careers: juniors Kelsi Collins (3.92 GPA) and Lindsay Miller (3.66 GPA).
Nyack congratulates all of these exceptional student-athletes.
- MARCH 25: Dr. Guy Waters - Plenary Speaker for Evangelical Theological Society Conference
- Nyack's Spring Production: The Importance of Being Earnest
- Nyack Alumna, Kathia Benitez Is Director of sustainNU program at Northwestern University
- Alliance Graduate School of Counseling Reunion at NYC Campus
- Bach's 332nd Birthday Bash
- Nyack College Opera Workshop Presents Verdi's "La Traviata"
- The Gates Way to Medieval Times
- March 18: Hudson River Pianofest 2017 at Nyack College
- President Michael G. Scales to Begin New Term on CICU Board
- Udo Middelmann Returns to Nyack College for Colloquium on Civic Engagement
- Nyack School of Music Students on Harry Connick Jr. Show
- What Is Love? Nyack Rockland Artists Answer the Question
- American Red Cross Blood Drive at Nyack College
- Founder/CEO Evelyn Bautista-Miller Is CSGE Colloquium Speaker
- ATS Missions Retreat at Mount Crescent House
- Nyack College and Local Entrepreneurs to Compete for Over $22,000 in Prizes
- Academic Year 2017-2018 Applications Being Accepted for Student Leaders
- Nyack Rockland Associate Dean Wanda Velez, a Hope Gathering Speaker
- MARCH 2: An Authors' Talk Hosted by Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Program
- Fifth Anniversary Celebration & Silent Auction to Benefit Empower Program
- Student Spotlight: Jill Kim, AGSC Marriage and Family Therapy Major
- Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, C&MA Metro District Women's Retreat Speaker
- WNYK Pays Tribute to Black History Month
- Feb 18: School of Music's Noel Wippler, a Featured Artist in Mid-Atlantic Jazz Festival
- Browse Blog Archive>>