13 of Nyack's Fall Athletes Recognized for Their Academic Excellence
by Aabye-Gayle Favilla
As student-athletes, Nyack Warriors work to grow stronger intellectually, physically, and spiritually. When that hard work translates into exceptional results in the classroom, student-athletes are recognized by the Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference (CACC).
Thirteen of Nyack’s fall athletes have embodied our school’s value of academic excellence and been named by the CACC to their respective sport’s 2016 All-Academic Team.
All-Academic Team athletes are at least a sophomore, have competed on their current team for at least two semesters, and have a cumulative GPA of no less than 3.50.
It is no small task to balance the demands of college athletics and academics. And so it is with great joy that we congratulate the following Nyack Warriors for their exceptional achievement as student-athletes.
Three of Nyack’s student-athletes were named to the CACC Women's Cross Country All-Academic Team. Seniors Trisha Frazer (3.76 GPA) and Danielle Wilson (3.78 GPA) earned the distinction for the third time. Junior Sidney Spaschak (3.69 GPA) was named to the All-Academic team for the second time.
Three of Nyack’s student-athletes were named to the CACC Men's Soccer All-Academic Team: junior Francois Legoedec (3.63 GPA); sophomore Wiktor Lasota (3.97 GPA); and sophomore Finn Reese (4.0 GPA), one of only three men’s soccer players to earn a perfect grade point average.
Five of Nyack’s student-athletes were named to the CACC Women's Soccer All-Academic Team. Senior Katherine Oldfield (3.68 GPA) received the distinction for the third time. Juniors Rebekah Lawler (3.67) and Jordan Jansen (3.77 GPA) made the list for the second time. Junior Karla Dominguez (3.59 GPA) and sophomore Vanessa Séfriou (3.59 GPA) each earned the honor for the first time.
Two of Nyack’s student-athletes were named to the CACC Women's Volleyball All-Academic Team for the second time in their collegiate careers: juniors Kelsi Collins (3.92 GPA) and Lindsay Miller (3.66 GPA).
Nyack congratulates all of these exceptional student-athletes.
- Negocios Now "40 under 40" List Showcases Nyack Alumna Kathia Benitez
- March 15-17: Latino Pastoral Action Center Hosts 2018 Legacy Conference
- Music Faculty and Students Perform With Opera Star in Kansas City, MO
- Schedule Your Nyack College Visit
- MARCH 15: Writing Center's March Event: The Book of Elyon with Emmanuel Jean-Pierre
- MARCH 21: Bach's 333rd Birthday Bash!
- Metro District Women's Spring Retreat Registration In Progress
- Seminary Chapel Concludes Black History Month With Pastor Donna Baptiste
- Dr. Anita Underwood, a Panelist on Christian Radio Network
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: DeLissa Dixon
- Nyack Student Leaders at Christian Cultural Center's C3 Youth Ministry
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Althea Session-Lovett
- Nyack Alumna Tiffany Burnett ('05), a Boca Raton, FL Entrepreneur
- Spring Edition of The Forum Published
- OFFICIAL STATEMENT: Remembering God's General, Dr. Billy Graham
- Online Christian Colleges Ranks Nyack College
- Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- Shaun Jacobs-Patterson ('12) Named Senior Pastor at Trenton, NJ Church
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Isaac Foster
- Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Browse Blog Archive>>