Save the Date for Nyack's School of Music Concert at David Geffen Hall, Lincoln Center
Save the date now--April 7, 2017!
That's when Nyack’s School of Music will headline a concert on the stage of David Geffen Hall, Lincoln Center. The performances of the School's singers and musicians are a tradition that span more than seven decades. In addition to their regional travels in North America, international tours have included performances in Paris, Poland, Korea, Hong Kong, Germany, Moscow and Puerto Rico. The more than 100-voice group has also performed at Alice Tully Hall, Avery Fisher Hall, Lincoln Center and Carnegie Hall.
The April 7 program will feature seven conductors including Nyack School of Music faculty, Dr. Sue Talley (assistant dean of Nyack’s New York City School of Music), Prof. Joel Jameson, Dr. Elizabeth Swanson, Prof. Darryl Jordan, Prof. Willana Mack and Ms. Stephanie Fisher. Ms. Fisher is an accomplished conductor and composer, who made Nyack College her school of choice to earn her music degree. One of her original works will be performed that evening.
Dr. Victoria Bond, acclaimed conductor and composer, performing a new commissioned work will be another program highlight. Her compositions have been praised by The New York Times as "powerful, stylistically varied and technically demanding," and her conducting has been called “impassioned” by The Wall Street Journal.
Nyack College President Dr. Michael G. Scales says, “Not only will the audience be fascinated by our gifted music students, but this opportunity to perform on the stage of a world famous cultural arts center is an experience of a lifetime for many of these young men and women.”
- March 29: The Amasi Trio in Concert
- OPENING MARCH 31: Nyack's Spring Play: The Importance of Being Earnest
- MARCH 31: Nyack College and Local Entrepreneurs to Compete for Over $22,000 in Prizes
- Nyack College Opera Workshop Presents Verdi's "La Traviata"
- MARCH 25: Dr. Guy Waters - Plenary Speaker for Evangelical Theological Society Conference
- Nyack Alumna, Kathia Benitez Is Director of sustainNU program at Northwestern University
- Alliance Graduate School of Counseling Reunion at NYC Campus
- Bach's 332nd Birthday Bash
- The Gates Way to Medieval Times
- March 18: Hudson River Pianofest 2017 at Nyack College
- President Michael G. Scales to Begin New Term on CICU Board
- Udo Middelmann Returns to Nyack College for Colloquium on Civic Engagement
- Nyack School of Music Students on Harry Connick Jr. Show
- What Is Love? Nyack Rockland Artists Answer the Question
- American Red Cross Blood Drive at Nyack College
- Founder/CEO Evelyn Bautista-Miller Is CSGE Colloquium Speaker
- ATS Missions Retreat at Mount Crescent House
- Academic Year 2017-2018 Applications Being Accepted for Student Leaders
- Nyack Rockland Associate Dean Wanda Velez, a Hope Gathering Speaker
- MARCH 2: An Authors' Talk Hosted by Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Program
- Fifth Anniversary Celebration & Silent Auction to Benefit Empower Program
- Student Spotlight: Jill Kim, AGSC Marriage and Family Therapy Major
- Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, C&MA Metro District Women's Retreat Speaker
- WNYK Pays Tribute to Black History Month
- Browse Blog Archive>>