Save the Date for Nyack's School of Music Concert at David Geffen Hall, Lincoln Center
Save the date now--April 7, 2017!
That's when Nyack’s School of Music will headline a concert on the stage of David Geffen Hall, Lincoln Center. The performances of the School's singers and musicians are a tradition that span more than seven decades. In addition to their regional travels in North America, international tours have included performances in Paris, Poland, Korea, Hong Kong, Germany, Moscow and Puerto Rico. The more than 100-voice group has also performed at Alice Tully Hall, Avery Fisher Hall, Lincoln Center and Carnegie Hall.
The April 7 program will feature seven conductors including Nyack School of Music faculty, Dr. Sue Talley (assistant dean of Nyack’s New York City School of Music), Prof. Joel Jameson, Dr. Elizabeth Swanson, Prof. Darryl Jordan, Prof. Willana Mack and Ms. Stephanie Fisher. Ms. Fisher is an accomplished conductor and composer, who made Nyack College her school of choice to earn her music degree. One of her original works will be performed that evening.
Dr. Victoria Bond, acclaimed conductor and composer, performing a new commissioned work will be another program highlight. Her compositions have been praised by The New York Times as "powerful, stylistically varied and technically demanding," and her conducting has been called “impassioned” by The Wall Street Journal.
Nyack College President Dr. Michael G. Scales says, “Not only will the audience be fascinated by our gifted music students, but this opportunity to perform on the stage of a world famous cultural arts center is an experience of a lifetime for many of these young men and women.”
- School of Ed Professors Recognized by American Educational Research Association
- June 25 Memorial Service for Robin Luce
- Division of Student Success Dean Hosts STEM Event for Rockland Youth
- Remembering Manuel Ocana: A Strong, Gentle Leader
- Nyack College Partners With Long Island School on NYS Presidential Scholarship
- Nyack Profs Present at The Great Fish Count
- 2017 Sports Camp for Youth at Nyack College
- Nyack Alumni Sean Pica and Luis Diaz on SiriusXM Broadcast
- Nyack Scholars Symposium Presentation Proposal Deadline
- Rockland Leaders Gather to Show Appreciation for Community Relations Director Earl Miller
- Remembering Robin Luce
- Nyack at its Best...Serving Others
- Nyack Artists Featured in East Village Multimedia Showcase
- Pastor Charles Galbreath Special Guest on Donna Baptiste Ministries Radio Broadcast
- School of Music Profs Conduct Three-Day Vocal/Opera Institute
- Nyack Alumnus Dr. Ty Buckman Named Provost at Mary Baldwin University
- 2017 Grads Are Nyack's Inaugural Class of Biology Majors
- Nyack Grads on "Good Morning, America" Segment
- Commitment to Mission Awards to Dean Glenn Koponen and Dean Wanda Velez
- The Legacy of Service at Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary
- Soccer Team Online Fundraiser
- Dr. Ron Walborn at Christian Health Care Center on "Embracing Your Grief"
- NATIONAL NURSES WEEK: Cheryle Phenicie, R.N.
- Celebrating Nyack's School of Nursing Graduates
- Class of 2017....You Did It!
- Browse Blog Archive>>