Award-Winning Teen Filmmaker at Chapel Friday March 30
Kiri Davis, a New York City high school student, is the winner of the Diversity Award sponsored by Third Millennium Foundation. She will be the guest speaker at chapel Friday, March 30 at 10:00 am on the Rockland County campus.
Her award-winning seven-minute film, “Girl Like Me” is an example of how young people can use film as a tool to impact lives in our nation and around the world. In this instance, the film addresses the issue of self-esteem in people of color.
An Urban Academy student, Ms. Davis is a participant in the Reel Works Teen Filmmaking program, which has been featured in the New York Times, The Daily News and on MSNBC, PBS, and NY1 News. Students in this program work one-on-one with professional filmmakers and then are given the opportunity to write, shoot, and edit personal narrative videos on subjects of their choice, while gaining skills in digital filmmaking.
Plan to attend chapel and witness how the powerful statement made by “Girl Like Me” can be the basis of dialogue on campuses, in communities, and in homes as these conversations reinforce the impact of using creative talent for positive results.
- Tune In For a Special WNKY Segment With The Center for Human Development and Family Services
- American Red Cross Blood Drive at Nyack College
- Nyack College and Local Entrepreneurs to Compete for Over $22,000 in Prizes
- Academic Year 2017-2018 Applications Being Accepted for Student Leaders
- Student Spotlight: Jill Kim, AGSC Marriage and Family Therapy Major
- MARCH 2: An Authors' Talk Hosted by Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Program
- MARCH 3: Nyack Rockland Associate Dean Wanda Velez, a Hope Gathering Speaker
- Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, C&MA Metro District Women's Retreat Speaker
- WNYK Pays Tribute to Black History Month
- Feb 18: School of Music's Noel Wippler, a Featured Artist in Mid-Atlantic Jazz Festival
- FEB 18: Purpose Performs at Katonah Village Library
- Nyack Students Participate in NY Student Aid Alliance Event
- Recapturing the Art of Writing Love Letters
- Meet Dynamic NY Talent Trinity Rose on WNYK 88.7FM
- Accreditation Renewed for Nyack by the Association of Christian Schools International
- 2017 Alumni & Friends Phonathon Underway
- Yahoo! for Krysten Peek and Her 7-Continent Run
- Nyack Center Announces Winners of the Martin Luther King Oratory Contest
- Rev. Charles Galbreath--Nyack Chapel Speaker
- Deeper Life Series with Dr. Michael and Mrs. Lisa Plunket
- Udo Middelmann, Civic Engagement Speaker at Nyack Rockland and Nyack New York City
- ATS Alumni Among 2017 Pastors' Prayer Summit Leaders
- Dr. Jacqueline Washington Contributes to Research Article in Nature Microbiology
- Celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Nyack Community Remembers NYC Music Student Curtis Crum III
- Browse Blog Archive>>