Telling the Nyack Story
The fall edition of Advance, the Council For Christian Colleges & Universities (CCCU) publication will include an adaptation of an essay, "The Nyack Story: More Than Numbers" by Nyack College Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs Dr. David Turk. He will also contribute a chapter to a 2017 book entitled, Diversity Matters, co-authored by several CCCU leaders.
The CCCU held its wildly successful conference on diversity this past September on the Nyack New York City campus, gathering men and women from Christian institutions of higher education from across the country.
Goals of the conference were for participants to leave with “increased awareness of the complexity of diversity issues within the CCCU; theoretical frameworks and nomenclature for this work, theological foundation for this work, application, opportunities to connect with colleagues across the CCCU and to network with Diversity and Inclusion thought leaders, exposure to content addressing diversity and inclusion concerns in higher education.
Read Dr. Turk’s article here.
- FEB 21: Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Feb 22: Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- FEB 24: Prof. Shelley Jameson and School of Music Alumnae in Concert
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Nyack New York City School of Music Student on "Harry" TV Show
- Screening of Documentary, "13th"
- Katalina Padilla: Being the Change
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Dr. Cleotha Robertson
- Feb 15: Screening of "13th" on Nyack Rockland Campus
- February 28: Deadline for Endowed Scholarship Applications
- School of Education Dean Updates Program Accreditations
- Nyack's WNYK 88.7 FM Warrior Radio Airs Black History Month Features
- Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium Series
- Athletes Leadership Conference at Nyack College
- How a Nyack Sports Hero Was Celebrated
- First Hudson Link/Nyack College Graduation at Taconic Correctional Facility
- January 29-31: Deeper Life Series Speaker is Dr. Jonathan Shaw
- "Dan Bailey Day" at Nyack
- Head Men's Basketball Coach Jason Crafton on WNYK
- WNYK 88.7FM January Alumni Spotlight: Orlando Suazo
- 2018 Empower Retreat Attendees From 51 Churches and Seven States
- Browse Blog Archive>>