School of Music Students Share Joy at Market Street Mission
Nyack College music students from the Rockland campus travelled to the Market Street Mission in Morristown, NJ recently to perform at an evening chapel service.
Dr. Marie Kenote, Nyack School of Music professor shares, “We go every year; sometimes every semester. Our students come away with a very rich experience of sharing their love of music and the Lord with those at the Mission who are either there for an evening of chapel, a meal and a warm place to sleep or with those who are in the Market Street Mission support program.”
In a communication of gratitude to Dr. Kenote for bringing the students, Learning Center Manager and Chapel Coordinator Nathanael Towers says, “The men in our program are starved for beauty, joy and love. Many of them have grown up in a world of loss, pain and disintegrated lives. Their addiction has perpetuated a cycle of darkness and hopelessness. When guests come with instruments, songs, and humble curiosity about them, our clients are nourished, healed, given clarity and hope. This truly is a blessing. When the songs performed and sung tell the true stories of God’s movement in history and His ongoing interest in the lives of broken people, our men are impacted. Thank you for your interest in them!”
Dr. Kenote remarks, “It's a win-win situation and I'm very thankful for this outreach. We can make a difference in this world of sorrow one person at a time."
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Nyack New York City School of Music Student on "Harry" TV Show
- Screening of Documentary, "13th"
- Katalina Padilla: Being the Change
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Dr. Cleotha Robertson
- Feb 15: Screening of "13th" on Nyack Rockland Campus
- Feb 22: Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- February 28: Deadline for Endowed Scholarship Applications
- School of Education Dean Updates Program Accreditations
- Nyack's WNYK 88.7 FM Warrior Radio Airs Black History Month Features
- Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium Series
- Athletes Leadership Conference at Nyack College
- How a Nyack Sports Hero Was Celebrated
- First Hudson Link/Nyack College Graduation at Taconic Correctional Facility
- January 29-31: Deeper Life Series Speaker is Dr. Jonathan Shaw
- "Dan Bailey Day" at Nyack
- Head Men's Basketball Coach Jason Crafton on WNYK
- WNYK 88.7FM January Alumni Spotlight: Orlando Suazo
- 2018 Empower Retreat Attendees From 51 Churches and Seven States
- Nyack Scholarship and Global Engagement Director Heads Peace and Hope International
- School of Music Art Series Features Pianist Hui-Mei Lin
- Spiritual Life at Nyack College: Chapel Services
- Browse Blog Archive>>