School of Music Students Share Joy at Market Street Mission
Nyack College music students from the Rockland campus travelled to the Market Street Mission in Morristown, NJ recently to perform at an evening chapel service.
Dr. Marie Kenote, Nyack School of Music professor shares, “We go every year; sometimes every semester. Our students come away with a very rich experience of sharing their love of music and the Lord with those at the Mission who are either there for an evening of chapel, a meal and a warm place to sleep or with those who are in the Market Street Mission support program.”
In a communication of gratitude to Dr. Kenote for bringing the students, Learning Center Manager and Chapel Coordinator Nathanael Towers says, “The men in our program are starved for beauty, joy and love. Many of them have grown up in a world of loss, pain and disintegrated lives. Their addiction has perpetuated a cycle of darkness and hopelessness. When guests come with instruments, songs, and humble curiosity about them, our clients are nourished, healed, given clarity and hope. This truly is a blessing. When the songs performed and sung tell the true stories of God’s movement in history and His ongoing interest in the lives of broken people, our men are impacted. Thank you for your interest in them!”
Dr. Kenote remarks, “It's a win-win situation and I'm very thankful for this outreach. We can make a difference in this world of sorrow one person at a time."
- School of Ed Professors Recognized by American Educational Research Association
- June 25 Memorial Service for Robin Luce
- Division of Student Success Dean Hosts STEM Event for Rockland Youth
- Remembering Manuel Ocana: A Strong, Gentle Leader
- Nyack College Partners With Long Island School on NYS Presidential Scholarship
- Nyack Profs Present at The Great Fish Count
- 2017 Sports Camp for Youth at Nyack College
- Nyack Alumni Sean Pica and Luis Diaz on SiriusXM Broadcast
- Nyack Scholars Symposium Presentation Proposal Deadline
- Rockland Leaders Gather to Show Appreciation for Community Relations Director Earl Miller
- Remembering Robin Luce
- Nyack at its Best...Serving Others
- Nyack Artists Featured in East Village Multimedia Showcase
- Pastor Charles Galbreath Special Guest on Donna Baptiste Ministries Radio Broadcast
- School of Music Profs Conduct Three-Day Vocal/Opera Institute
- Nyack Alumnus Dr. Ty Buckman Named Provost at Mary Baldwin University
- 2017 Grads Are Nyack's Inaugural Class of Biology Majors
- Nyack Grads on "Good Morning, America" Segment
- Commitment to Mission Awards to Dean Glenn Koponen and Dean Wanda Velez
- The Legacy of Service at Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary
- Soccer Team Online Fundraiser
- Dr. Ron Walborn at Christian Health Care Center on "Embracing Your Grief"
- NATIONAL NURSES WEEK: Cheryle Phenicie, R.N.
- Celebrating Nyack's School of Nursing Graduates
- Class of 2017....You Did It!
- Browse Blog Archive>>