Nyack Student Stephanie Fisher, a Guest Conductor at Kathleen Battle Event
After more than two decades, soprano Kathleen Battle will make her long awaited return to The Metropolitan Opera located at 30 Lincoln Center Plaza in Manhattan on Sunday, November 13 at 4:00 p.m. The program, Kathleen Battle: Underground Railroad – A Spiritual Journey will feature special guests.
Nyack NYC School of Music faculty and students will be among the special performers, most notably, NYC campus student, Stephanie Fisher (pictured here), who will be one of two choir conductors. The Nyack choir members and soloists include music professors Willana Mack, Darryl Jordan and Cliff Smith; students are Nicole Vega, alumnus Andre Rogers, Kalia Baptiste, Chris Anthony, Chenee Campbell and Jasmen Reyes.
Ms. Fisher, a longtime associate of Ms. Battle chose Nyack College for her undergraduate degree studies after being in the music business for years as a background singer for renowned gospel and secular recording artists. The incredibly gifted singer, composer and conductor, who began classical piano and vocal training at the age of five, is Assistant Minister of Music at The Greater Allen A.M.E. Cathedral of New York. She has been rehearsing with Ms. Battle and the choir since mid-summer to prepare for this extraordinary event.
“The experience we are all gaining is invaluable and our time at Nyack has caused us to be well-prepared musically,” says Ms. Fisher. “The Nyack students and faculty have certainly shined during this process and I feel blessed to have been able to share this opportunity with my school.”
For ticket information, click here.
- Negocios Now "40 under 40" List Showcases Nyack Alumna Kathia Benitez
- March 15-17: Latino Pastoral Action Center Hosts 2018 Legacy Conference
- Music Faculty and Students Perform With Opera Star in Kansas City, MO
- Schedule Your Nyack College Visit
- MARCH 15: Writing Center's March Event: The Book of Elyon with Emmanuel Jean-Pierre
- MARCH 21: Bach's 333rd Birthday Bash!
- Metro District Women's Spring Retreat Registration In Progress
- Seminary Chapel Concludes Black History Month With Pastor Donna Baptiste
- Dr. Anita Underwood, a Panelist on Christian Radio Network
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: DeLissa Dixon
- Nyack Student Leaders at Christian Cultural Center's C3 Youth Ministry
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Althea Session-Lovett
- Nyack Alumna Tiffany Burnett ('05), a Boca Raton, FL Entrepreneur
- Spring Edition of The Forum Published
- OFFICIAL STATEMENT: Remembering God's General, Dr. Billy Graham
- Online Christian Colleges Ranks Nyack College
- Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- Shaun Jacobs-Patterson ('12) Named Senior Pastor at Trenton, NJ Church
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Isaac Foster
- Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Browse Blog Archive>>