Nyack Student Stephanie Fisher, a Guest Conductor at Kathleen Battle Event
After more than two decades, soprano Kathleen Battle will make her long awaited return to The Metropolitan Opera located at 30 Lincoln Center Plaza in Manhattan on Sunday, November 13 at 4:00 p.m. The program, Kathleen Battle: Underground Railroad – A Spiritual Journey will feature special guests.
Nyack NYC School of Music faculty and students will be among the special performers, most notably, NYC campus student, Stephanie Fisher (pictured here), who will be one of two choir conductors. The Nyack choir members and soloists include music professors Willana Mack, Darryl Jordan and Cliff Smith; students are Nicole Vega, alumnus Andre Rogers, Kalia Baptiste, Chris Anthony, Chenee Campbell and Jasmen Reyes.
Ms. Fisher, a longtime associate of Ms. Battle chose Nyack College for her undergraduate degree studies after being in the music business for years as a background singer for renowned gospel and secular recording artists. The incredibly gifted singer, composer and conductor, who began classical piano and vocal training at the age of five, is Assistant Minister of Music at The Greater Allen A.M.E. Cathedral of New York. She has been rehearsing with Ms. Battle and the choir since mid-summer to prepare for this extraordinary event.
“The experience we are all gaining is invaluable and our time at Nyack has caused us to be well-prepared musically,” says Ms. Fisher. “The Nyack students and faculty have certainly shined during this process and I feel blessed to have been able to share this opportunity with my school.”
For ticket information, click here.
- MARCH 25: Dr. Guy Waters - Plenary Speaker for Evangelical Theological Society Conference
- Nyack's Spring Production: The Importance of Being Earnest
- Nyack Alumna, Kathia Benitez Is Director of sustainNU program at Northwestern University
- Alliance Graduate School of Counseling Reunion at NYC Campus
- Bach's 332nd Birthday Bash
- Nyack College Opera Workshop Presents Verdi's "La Traviata"
- The Gates Way to Medieval Times
- March 18: Hudson River Pianofest 2017 at Nyack College
- President Michael G. Scales to Begin New Term on CICU Board
- Udo Middelmann Returns to Nyack College for Colloquium on Civic Engagement
- Nyack School of Music Students on Harry Connick Jr. Show
- What Is Love? Nyack Rockland Artists Answer the Question
- American Red Cross Blood Drive at Nyack College
- Founder/CEO Evelyn Bautista-Miller Is CSGE Colloquium Speaker
- ATS Missions Retreat at Mount Crescent House
- Nyack College and Local Entrepreneurs to Compete for Over $22,000 in Prizes
- Academic Year 2017-2018 Applications Being Accepted for Student Leaders
- Nyack Rockland Associate Dean Wanda Velez, a Hope Gathering Speaker
- MARCH 2: An Authors' Talk Hosted by Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Program
- Fifth Anniversary Celebration & Silent Auction to Benefit Empower Program
- Student Spotlight: Jill Kim, AGSC Marriage and Family Therapy Major
- Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, C&MA Metro District Women's Retreat Speaker
- WNYK Pays Tribute to Black History Month
- Feb 18: School of Music's Noel Wippler, a Featured Artist in Mid-Atlantic Jazz Festival
- Browse Blog Archive>>