Nyack Student Stephanie Fisher, a Guest Conductor at Kathleen Battle Event
After more than two decades, soprano Kathleen Battle will make her long awaited return to The Metropolitan Opera located at 30 Lincoln Center Plaza in Manhattan on Sunday, November 13 at 4:00 p.m. The program, Kathleen Battle: Underground Railroad – A Spiritual Journey will feature special guests.
Nyack NYC School of Music faculty and students will be among the special performers, most notably, NYC campus student, Stephanie Fisher (pictured here), who will be one of two choir conductors. The Nyack choir members and soloists include music professors Willana Mack, Darryl Jordan and Cliff Smith; students are Nicole Vega, alumnus Andre Rogers, Kalia Baptiste, Chris Anthony, Chenee Campbell and Jasmen Reyes.
Ms. Fisher, a longtime associate of Ms. Battle chose Nyack College for her undergraduate degree studies after being in the music business for years as a background singer for renowned gospel and secular recording artists. The incredibly gifted singer, composer and conductor, who began classical piano and vocal training at the age of five, is Assistant Minister of Music at The Greater Allen A.M.E. Cathedral of New York. She has been rehearsing with Ms. Battle and the choir since mid-summer to prepare for this extraordinary event.
“The experience we are all gaining is invaluable and our time at Nyack has caused us to be well-prepared musically,” says Ms. Fisher. “The Nyack students and faculty have certainly shined during this process and I feel blessed to have been able to share this opportunity with my school.”
For ticket information, click here.
- Celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Nyack Community Remembers NYC Music Student Curtis Crum III
- 13 of Nyack's Fall Athletes Recognized for Their Academic Excellence
- Dr. Jacqueline Washington Contributes to Research Article in Nature Microbiology
- Nyack's School of Music Headlines Concert at David Geffen Hall, Lincoln Center
- Global Service-Learning Director Updates on Nyack/ATS Teams in Israel
- Global Service-Learning Trip in Cuba with Drs. Ron and Wanda Walborn
- Winterim: ATS in Israel with Dr. Bryan Widbin
- ATS Alumni Among 2017 Pastors' Prayer Summit Leaders
- Globetrotting--the Nyack Way
- Soo-il Lee Recognized by Korean American Behavioral Health Association
- In Memoriam [Ring out, wild bells] by Lord Alfred Tennyson
- What You Can Discover at Nyack
- Steve Gardner (NC '87; ATS '94) Making Snowflakes
- Marcus Jugenheimer: A Major in God's Army
- The Gift of Mentoring at Nyack for Sneha Chrispal
- The Nyack Story: More Than Numbers by Provost David Turk
- Dr. Gerard Becker Co-authors Award Winning Paper
- Staff Highlight: Mr. Dan Bailey, Director of Admissions, Rockland Campus
- A Love Gift at Home for the Holidays
- West Side Story Off-Broadway...A Successful Eight-Show Run
- Nyack Rockland School of Music Winter Concert
- West Side Story Wows Audiences
- Isa Agape: A WNYK Interview and Worship & Praise Night Leader
- Telling the Nyack Story
- Browse Blog Archive>>