Nyack Student Stephanie Fisher, a Guest Conductor at Kathleen Battle Event
After more than two decades, soprano Kathleen Battle will make her long awaited return to The Metropolitan Opera located at 30 Lincoln Center Plaza in Manhattan on Sunday, November 13 at 4:00 p.m. The program, Kathleen Battle: Underground Railroad – A Spiritual Journey will feature special guests.
Nyack NYC School of Music faculty and students will be among the special performers, most notably, NYC campus student, Stephanie Fisher (pictured here), who will be one of two choir conductors. The Nyack choir members and soloists include music professors Willana Mack, Darryl Jordan and Cliff Smith; students are Nicole Vega, alumnus Andre Rogers, Kalia Baptiste, Chris Anthony, Chenee Campbell and Jasmen Reyes.
Ms. Fisher, a longtime associate of Ms. Battle chose Nyack College for her undergraduate degree studies after being in the music business for years as a background singer for renowned gospel and secular recording artists. The incredibly gifted singer, composer and conductor, who began classical piano and vocal training at the age of five, is Assistant Minister of Music at The Greater Allen A.M.E. Cathedral of New York. She has been rehearsing with Ms. Battle and the choir since mid-summer to prepare for this extraordinary event.
“The experience we are all gaining is invaluable and our time at Nyack has caused us to be well-prepared musically,” says Ms. Fisher. “The Nyack students and faculty have certainly shined during this process and I feel blessed to have been able to share this opportunity with my school.”
For ticket information, click here.
- Academic Year 2017-2018 Applications Being Accepted for Student Leaders
- Student Spotlight: Jill Kim, AGSC Marriage and Family Therapy Major
- MARCH 2: An Authors' Talk Hosted by Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Program
- MARCH 3: Nyack Rockland Associate Dean Wanda Velez, a Hope Gathering Speaker
- Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, C&MA Metro District Women's Retreat Speaker
- WNYK Pays Tribute to Black History Month
- Feb 18: School of Music's Noel Wippler, a Featured Artist in Mid-Atlantic Jazz Festival
- FEB 18: Purpose Performs at Katonah Village Library
- Nyack Students Participate in NY Student Aid Alliance Event
- Recapturing the Art of Writing Love Letters
- Meet Dynamic NY Talent Trinity Rose on WNYK 88.7FM
- Accreditation Renewed for Nyack by the Association of Christian Schools International
- 2017 Alumni & Friends Phonathon Underway
- Yahoo! for Krysten Peek and Her 7-Continent Run
- Nyack Center Announces Winners of the Martin Luther King Oratory Contest
- Rev. Charles Galbreath--Nyack Chapel Speaker
- Deeper Life Series with Dr. Michael and Mrs. Lisa Plunket
- Udo Middelmann, Civic Engagement Speaker at Nyack Rockland and Nyack New York City
- ATS Alumni Among 2017 Pastors' Prayer Summit Leaders
- Dr. Jacqueline Washington Contributes to Research Article in Nature Microbiology
- Celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Nyack Community Remembers NYC Music Student Curtis Crum III
- 13 of Nyack's Fall Athletes Recognized for Their Academic Excellence
- Save the DAte for Nyack's School of Music Concert at David Geffen Hall, Lincoln Center
- Global Service-Learning Director Updates on Nyack/ATS Teams in Israel
- Browse Blog Archive>>