Sean Pica of Hudson Link Visits Nyack Students on Rockland Campus
The Criminal Justice Club (CJC) of Nyack College will welcome Sean Pica, executive director of Hudson Link for Higher Education in Prison back to the Rockland County campus, Thursday, November 10 at 6:00 p.m. in President’s Hall of Shuman Hall (185 South Highland Ave.) in Nyack, NY.
Pica, a 2001 alumnus of Nyack’s undergraduate degree in organizational management program at Sing Sing Prison is paying forward the power of education through his extraordinary outreach to the incarcerated and those preparing for re-entry into society through the work done by Hudson Link. (Learn more about the organization here.)
His tireless work today as an advocate for education and reduction of recidivism is showcased in the award-winning documentary, “Zero Percent,” which has been screened nationwide and at Nyack College and aired on HBO. He is a member of Governor Andrew Cuomo’s Council on Community Re-Entry and Reintegration. Sean was a MSNBC guest commentator on Pope Francis's visit to a Philadelphia prison during his U.S. tour. Pica has visited the White House to champion the Fair Chance Higher Education Pledge for inmates along with Nyack President Dr. Michael Scales and Provost Dr. David Turk as Nyack became a founding partner on this initiative. He also attended the inaugural convening of the Second Chance Pell Pilot Program in Washington, D.C. with Nyack representatives from the organizational management program and Student Financial Services.
Come hear Sean Pica share his transformational journey that so powerfully illustrates hope and redemption. All majors are welcome.
Learn more about Nyack’s Criminal Justice Program.
- School of Ed Professors Recognized by American Educational Research Association
- June 25 Memorial Service for Robin Luce
- Division of Student Success Dean Hosts STEM Event for Rockland Youth
- Remembering Manuel Ocana: A Strong, Gentle Leader
- Nyack College Partners With Long Island School on NYS Presidential Scholarship
- Nyack Profs Present at The Great Fish Count
- 2017 Sports Camp for Youth at Nyack College
- Nyack Alumni Sean Pica and Luis Diaz on SiriusXM Broadcast
- Nyack Scholars Symposium Presentation Proposal Deadline
- Rockland Leaders Gather to Show Appreciation for Community Relations Director Earl Miller
- Remembering Robin Luce
- Nyack at its Best...Serving Others
- Nyack Artists Featured in East Village Multimedia Showcase
- Pastor Charles Galbreath Special Guest on Donna Baptiste Ministries Radio Broadcast
- School of Music Profs Conduct Three-Day Vocal/Opera Institute
- Nyack Alumnus Dr. Ty Buckman Named Provost at Mary Baldwin University
- 2017 Grads Are Nyack's Inaugural Class of Biology Majors
- Nyack Grads on "Good Morning, America" Segment
- Commitment to Mission Awards to Dean Glenn Koponen and Dean Wanda Velez
- The Legacy of Service at Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary
- Soccer Team Online Fundraiser
- Dr. Ron Walborn at Christian Health Care Center on "Embracing Your Grief"
- NATIONAL NURSES WEEK: Cheryle Phenicie, R.N.
- Celebrating Nyack's School of Nursing Graduates
- Class of 2017....You Did It!
- Browse Blog Archive>>