Sean Pica of Hudson Link Visits Nyack Students on Rockland Campus
The Criminal Justice Club (CJC) of Nyack College will welcome Sean Pica, executive director of Hudson Link for Higher Education in Prison back to the Rockland County campus, Thursday, November 10 at 6:00 p.m. in President’s Hall of Shuman Hall (185 South Highland Ave.) in Nyack, NY.
Pica, a 2001 alumnus of Nyack’s undergraduate degree in organizational management program at Sing Sing Prison is paying forward the power of education through his extraordinary outreach to the incarcerated and those preparing for re-entry into society through the work done by Hudson Link. (Learn more about the organization here.)
His tireless work today as an advocate for education and reduction of recidivism is showcased in the award-winning documentary, “Zero Percent,” which has been screened nationwide and at Nyack College and aired on HBO. He is a member of Governor Andrew Cuomo’s Council on Community Re-Entry and Reintegration. Sean was a MSNBC guest commentator on Pope Francis's visit to a Philadelphia prison during his U.S. tour. Pica has visited the White House to champion the Fair Chance Higher Education Pledge for inmates along with Nyack President Dr. Michael Scales and Provost Dr. David Turk as Nyack became a founding partner on this initiative. He also attended the inaugural convening of the Second Chance Pell Pilot Program in Washington, D.C. with Nyack representatives from the organizational management program and Student Financial Services.
Come hear Sean Pica share his transformational journey that so powerfully illustrates hope and redemption. All majors are welcome.
Learn more about Nyack’s Criminal Justice Program.
- TODAY: Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Feb 22: Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- FEB 24: Prof. Shelley Jameson and School of Music Alumnae in Concert
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Nyack New York City School of Music Student on "Harry" TV Show
- Screening of Documentary, "13th"
- Katalina Padilla: Being the Change
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Dr. Cleotha Robertson
- Feb 15: Screening of "13th" on Nyack Rockland Campus
- February 28: Deadline for Endowed Scholarship Applications
- School of Education Dean Updates Program Accreditations
- Nyack's WNYK 88.7 FM Warrior Radio Airs Black History Month Features
- Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium Series
- Athletes Leadership Conference at Nyack College
- How a Nyack Sports Hero Was Celebrated
- First Hudson Link/Nyack College Graduation at Taconic Correctional Facility
- January 29-31: Deeper Life Series Speaker is Dr. Jonathan Shaw
- "Dan Bailey Day" at Nyack
- Head Men's Basketball Coach Jason Crafton on WNYK
- WNYK 88.7FM January Alumni Spotlight: Orlando Suazo
- 2018 Empower Retreat Attendees From 51 Churches and Seven States
- Browse Blog Archive>>