Sean Pica of Hudson Link Visits Nyack Students on Rockland Campus
The Criminal Justice Club (CJC) of Nyack College will welcome Sean Pica, executive director of Hudson Link for Higher Education in Prison back to the Rockland County campus, Thursday, November 10 at 6:00 p.m. in President’s Hall of Shuman Hall (185 South Highland Ave.) in Nyack, NY.
Pica, a 2001 alumnus of Nyack’s undergraduate degree in organizational management program at Sing Sing Prison is paying forward the power of education through his extraordinary outreach to the incarcerated and those preparing for re-entry into society through the work done by Hudson Link. (Learn more about the organization here.)
His tireless work today as an advocate for education and reduction of recidivism is showcased in the award-winning documentary, “Zero Percent,” which has been screened nationwide and at Nyack College and aired on HBO. He is a member of Governor Andrew Cuomo’s Council on Community Re-Entry and Reintegration. Sean was a MSNBC guest commentator on Pope Francis's visit to a Philadelphia prison during his U.S. tour. Pica has visited the White House to champion the Fair Chance Higher Education Pledge for inmates along with Nyack President Dr. Michael Scales and Provost Dr. David Turk as Nyack became a founding partner on this initiative. He also attended the inaugural convening of the Second Chance Pell Pilot Program in Washington, D.C. with Nyack representatives from the organizational management program and Student Financial Services.
Come hear Sean Pica share his transformational journey that so powerfully illustrates hope and redemption. All majors are welcome.
Learn more about Nyack’s Criminal Justice Program.
- Tune In For a Special WNKY Segment With The Center for Human Development and Family Services
- American Red Cross Blood Drive at Nyack College
- Nyack College and Local Entrepreneurs to Compete for Over $22,000 in Prizes
- Academic Year 2017-2018 Applications Being Accepted for Student Leaders
- Student Spotlight: Jill Kim, AGSC Marriage and Family Therapy Major
- MARCH 2: An Authors' Talk Hosted by Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Program
- MARCH 3: Nyack Rockland Associate Dean Wanda Velez, a Hope Gathering Speaker
- Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, C&MA Metro District Women's Retreat Speaker
- WNYK Pays Tribute to Black History Month
- Feb 18: School of Music's Noel Wippler, a Featured Artist in Mid-Atlantic Jazz Festival
- FEB 18: Purpose Performs at Katonah Village Library
- Nyack Students Participate in NY Student Aid Alliance Event
- Recapturing the Art of Writing Love Letters
- Meet Dynamic NY Talent Trinity Rose on WNYK 88.7FM
- Accreditation Renewed for Nyack by the Association of Christian Schools International
- 2017 Alumni & Friends Phonathon Underway
- Yahoo! for Krysten Peek and Her 7-Continent Run
- Nyack Center Announces Winners of the Martin Luther King Oratory Contest
- Rev. Charles Galbreath--Nyack Chapel Speaker
- Deeper Life Series with Dr. Michael and Mrs. Lisa Plunket
- Udo Middelmann, Civic Engagement Speaker at Nyack Rockland and Nyack New York City
- ATS Alumni Among 2017 Pastors' Prayer Summit Leaders
- Dr. Jacqueline Washington Contributes to Research Article in Nature Microbiology
- Celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Nyack Community Remembers NYC Music Student Curtis Crum III
- Browse Blog Archive>>