Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement Hosts Nyack Scholars Symposium
The Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement (CSGE) at Nyack College hosted its Eighth Annual Scholars Symposium in collaboration with Washington, D.C.-based Center for Public Justice on November 2 (New York City campus) and November 3 (Rockland County campus). This year’s theme was “In Search of Civil Engagement.”
Plenary sessions at both campuses featured panelists (pictured l-r) Charity Haubrich, director of The Community Institute for Education at The Center for Public Justice; Greg Bish, director of Service-Learning at Gordon College; Dr. Vilma "Nina" Balmaceda, director of Nyack's Center for Scholarship adn Global Engagement; Kevin den Dulk, director of The Henry Institute at Calvin College; and Anne Snyder, director of The Character Initiative at The Philanthropy Roundtable. In addition, breakout sessions included a showcase of research by professors as well as paired presentations by professors with students.
To learn more about CSGE directed by Dr. Vilma "Nina" Balmaceda, visit the website, email Center_Scholarship@nyack.edu or phone 845.675.4582 for more information.
- Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary Alumni at Metro District Conference "Expectation"
- OCT 20-21: Movement Day New York City
- OCT 21: Saxophonist Jacob Nevill (NC '08) in Grace Church Concert
- OCT 23-25: Dave Powers Returns for Spiritual Formation's Prayer Summit 2017
- OCT 23: Nyack College School of Music Performance at Steinway Hall
- OCT 26: Behind the Project with Isaiah Velez
- OCT 29: Trunk or Treat Comes to Nyack College Rockland
- NOV 8-9: Nyack Scholars Symposium and National Hispanic Education Summit at Nyack
- NOV 4: Dr. Anna Flores-Locke to Present at American Counseling Association Event
- WNYK's October Alumni Spotlight: Stephen and Lauri (Boyd) McKnight
- First 2017-2018 Issue of The Forum is Released
- The Amasi Trio in Concert
- Fall Faculty Reading Features Dr. Charles Beach
- FOUNDER'S DAY CHAPEL: C&MA Canada President David Hearn
- Ron Blue Institute Center Comes to Nyack College
- WNYK Re-airs Segments of "Perspectives on Personal Living"
- Nyack Warrior Athletics and Nyack Health Services Host "Pink Out" Events
- Praise Report from Puerto Rico
- Nyack Music Professor Damien Sneed on Stage at Carnegie Hall
- Dr. Lawrence Schiffman, Dead Sea Scrolls Scholar Visits Nyack New York City
- Fashion as WordArt Hosted by Nyack's Rockland Writing Center
- Cultivate Coffee Opens on Campus
- Who's Returning to the Hillside for Homecoming?
- Listening Party for Isaiah Velez
- Borderline Music Fest Features Nyack Alumnus "Skerrit Bwoy"
- Browse Blog Archive>>