Barb Shiffer: Well Done, Good and Faithful Servant!
You know that special stabilizing breed of people. You look for them sitting in the same church pew every week. In an office, their presence contributes to the cohesive work culture.
Barb Shiffer is one of those people. On the Nyack campus, you could count on seeing her at music concerts, during Homecoming Weekend, at faculty-staff end-of-year and Christmas luncheons, and athletic events. She’s been a part of campus clean-up days, served as a “dorm mom” to many students, and volunteered in the community surrounding the College.
When you consider the 46 years she’s been a Nyack College pillar, it’s pretty difficult to calculate how much she’s given in her various roles—from the start of her tenure as Business Office cashier through her more recent role as Human Resources Assistant.
Barb has loved her Hillside. And the Hillside has loved her back.
The bittersweet day arrived when the campus community gathered to say, "So long," to Barb as she prepares to head to the land of palm trees and flamingos, and most importantly warm weather.
God has opened a new door. The dedicated, hard-working, dependable, behind-the-scenes person, Barb Shiffer, is walking through that door. If she’d take a glimpse back, she’d see a queue of people—literally decades long—each with a hat tipped in her direction.
For the more than four decades of selfless service, President Michael Scales and the entire Nyack campus celebrates the career of a good and faithful servant and a generous Nyack friend.
Barb, may your retirement years be filled with abundant blessings!
- Negocios Now "40 under 40" List Showcases Nyack Alumna Kathia Benitez
- March 15-17: Latino Pastoral Action Center Hosts 2018 Legacy Conference
- Music Faculty and Students Perform With Opera Star in Kansas City, MO
- Schedule Your Nyack College Visit
- MARCH 15: Writing Center's March Event: The Book of Elyon with Emmanuel Jean-Pierre
- MARCH 21: Bach's 333rd Birthday Bash!
- Metro District Women's Spring Retreat Registration In Progress
- Seminary Chapel Concludes Black History Month With Pastor Donna Baptiste
- Dr. Anita Underwood, a Panelist on Christian Radio Network
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: DeLissa Dixon
- Nyack Student Leaders at Christian Cultural Center's C3 Youth Ministry
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Althea Session-Lovett
- Nyack Alumna Tiffany Burnett ('05), a Boca Raton, FL Entrepreneur
- Spring Edition of The Forum Published
- OFFICIAL STATEMENT: Remembering God's General, Dr. Billy Graham
- Online Christian Colleges Ranks Nyack College
- Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- Shaun Jacobs-Patterson ('12) Named Senior Pastor at Trenton, NJ Church
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Isaac Foster
- Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Browse Blog Archive>>