Barb Shiffer: Well Done, Good and Faithful Servant!
You know that special stabilizing breed of people. You look for them sitting in the same church pew every week. In an office, their presence contributes to the cohesive work culture.
Barb Shiffer is one of those people. On the Nyack campus, you could count on seeing her at music concerts, during Homecoming Weekend, at faculty-staff end-of-year and Christmas luncheons, and athletic events. She’s been a part of campus clean-up days, served as a “dorm mom” to many students, and volunteered in the community surrounding the College.
When you consider the 46 years she’s been a Nyack College pillar, it’s pretty difficult to calculate how much she’s given in her various roles—from the start of her tenure as Business Office cashier through her more recent role as Human Resources Assistant.
Barb has loved her Hillside. And the Hillside has loved her back.
The bittersweet day arrived when the campus community gathered to say, "So long," to Barb as she prepares to head to the land of palm trees and flamingos, and most importantly warm weather.
God has opened a new door. The dedicated, hard-working, dependable, behind-the-scenes person, Barb Shiffer, is walking through that door. If she’d take a glimpse back, she’d see a queue of people—literally decades long—each with a hat tipped in her direction.
For the more than four decades of selfless service, President Michael Scales and the entire Nyack campus celebrates the career of a good and faithful servant and a generous Nyack friend.
Barb, may your retirement years be filled with abundant blessings!
- WNYK Pays Tribute to Black History Month
- MARCH 2: An Authors' Talk Hosted by Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Program
- MARCH 3: Nyack Rockland Associate Dean Wanda Velez, a Hope Gathering Speaker
- Feb 18: School of Music's Noel Wippler, a Featured Artist in Mid-Atlantic Jazz Festival
- FEB 18: Purpose Performs at Katonah Village Library
- Nyack Students Participate in NY Student Aid Alliance Event
- Recapturing the Art of Writing Love Letters
- Meet Dynamic NY Talent Trinity Rose on WNYK 88.7FM
- Accreditation Renewed for Nyack by the Association of Christian Schools International
- 2017 Alumni & Friends Phonathon Underway
- Yahoo! for Krysten Peek and Her 7-Continent Run
- Nyack Center Announces Winners of the Martin Luther King Oratory Contest
- Rev. Charles Galbreath--Nyack Chapel Speaker
- Deeper Life Series with Dr. Michael and Mrs. Lisa Plunket
- Udo Middelmann, Civic Engagement Speaker at Nyack Rockland and Nyack New York City
- ATS Alumni Among 2017 Pastors' Prayer Summit Leaders
- Dr. Jacqueline Washington Contributes to Research Article in Nature Microbiology
- Celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Nyack Community Remembers NYC Music Student Curtis Crum III
- 13 of Nyack's Fall Athletes Recognized for Their Academic Excellence
- Nyack's School of Music Headlines Concert at David Geffen Hall, Lincoln Center
- Global Service-Learning Director Updates on Nyack/ATS Teams in Israel
- Global Service-Learning Trip in Cuba with Drs. Ron and Wanda Walborn
- Winterim: ATS in Israel with Dr. Bryan Widbin
- Globetrotting--the Nyack Way
- Browse Blog Archive>>