Barb Shiffer: Well Done, Good and Faithful Servant!
You know that special stabilizing breed of people. You look for them sitting in the same church pew every week. In an office, their presence contributes to the cohesive work culture.
Barb Shiffer is one of those people. On the Nyack campus, you could count on seeing her at music concerts, during Homecoming Weekend, at faculty-staff end-of-year and Christmas luncheons, and athletic events. She’s been a part of campus clean-up days, served as a “dorm mom” to many students, and volunteered in the community surrounding the College.
When you consider the 46 years she’s been a Nyack College pillar, it’s pretty difficult to calculate how much she’s given in her various roles—from the start of her tenure as Business Office cashier through her more recent role as Human Resources Assistant.
Barb has loved her Hillside. And the Hillside has loved her back.
The bittersweet day arrived when the campus community gathered to say, "So long," to Barb as she prepares to head to the land of palm trees and flamingos, and most importantly warm weather.
God has opened a new door. The dedicated, hard-working, dependable, behind-the-scenes person, Barb Shiffer, is walking through that door. If she’d take a glimpse back, she’d see a queue of people—literally decades long—each with a hat tipped in her direction.
For the more than four decades of selfless service, President Michael Scales and the entire Nyack campus celebrates the career of a good and faithful servant and a generous Nyack friend.
Barb, may your retirement years be filled with abundant blessings!
- ATS Alumni Among 2017 Pastors' Prayer Summit Leaders
- Udo Middelmann Returns to Nyack College for Colloquium on Civic Engagement
- Nyack College Scholarships for Winners of Feb 4 MLK Oratory Contest
- Dr. Jacqueline Washington Contributes to Research Article in Nature Microbiology
- Celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Nyack Community Remembers NYC Music Student Curtis Crum III
- 13 of Nyack's Fall Athletes Recognized for Their Academic Excellence
- Nyack's School of Music Headlines Concert at David Geffen Hall, Lincoln Center
- Global Service-Learning Director Updates on Nyack/ATS Teams in Israel
- Global Service-Learning Trip in Cuba with Drs. Ron and Wanda Walborn
- Winterim: ATS in Israel with Dr. Bryan Widbin
- Globetrotting--the Nyack Way
- Soo-il Lee Recognized by Korean American Behavioral Health Association
- In Memoriam [Ring out, wild bells] by Lord Alfred Tennyson
- What You Can Discover at Nyack
- Steve Gardner (NC '87; ATS '94) Making Snowflakes
- Marcus Jugenheimer: A Major in God's Army
- The Gift of Mentoring at Nyack for Sneha Chrispal
- The Nyack Story: More Than Numbers by Provost David Turk
- Dr. Gerard Becker Co-authors Award Winning Paper
- Staff Highlight: Mr. Dan Bailey, Director of Admissions, Rockland Campus
- A Love Gift at Home for the Holidays
- West Side Story Off-Broadway...A Successful Eight-Show Run
- Nyack Rockland School of Music Winter Concert
- West Side Story Wows Audiences
- Browse Blog Archive>>