Barb Shiffer: Well Done, Good and Faithful Servant!
You know that special stabilizing breed of people. You look for them sitting in the same church pew every week. In an office, their presence contributes to the cohesive work culture.
Barb Shiffer is one of those people. On the Nyack campus, you could count on seeing her at music concerts, during Homecoming Weekend, at faculty-staff end-of-year and Christmas luncheons, and athletic events. She’s been a part of campus clean-up days, served as a “dorm mom” to many students, and volunteered in the community surrounding the College.
When you consider the 46 years she’s been a Nyack College pillar, it’s pretty difficult to calculate how much she’s given in her various roles—from the start of her tenure as Business Office cashier through her more recent role as Human Resources Assistant.
Barb has loved her Hillside. And the Hillside has loved her back.
The bittersweet day arrived when the campus community gathered to say, "So long," to Barb as she prepares to head to the land of palm trees and flamingos, and most importantly warm weather.
God has opened a new door. The dedicated, hard-working, dependable, behind-the-scenes person, Barb Shiffer, is walking through that door. If she’d take a glimpse back, she’d see a queue of people—literally decades long—each with a hat tipped in her direction.
For the more than four decades of selfless service, President Michael Scales and the entire Nyack campus celebrates the career of a good and faithful servant and a generous Nyack friend.
Barb, may your retirement years be filled with abundant blessings!
- School of Ed Professors Recognized by American Educational Research Association
- June 25 Memorial Service for Robin Luce
- Division of Student Success Dean Hosts STEM Event for Rockland Youth
- Remembering Manuel Ocana: A Strong, Gentle Leader
- Nyack College Partners With Long Island School on NYS Presidential Scholarship
- Nyack Profs Present at The Great Fish Count
- 2017 Sports Camp for Youth at Nyack College
- Nyack Alumni Sean Pica and Luis Diaz on SiriusXM Broadcast
- Nyack Scholars Symposium Presentation Proposal Deadline
- Rockland Leaders Gather to Show Appreciation for Community Relations Director Earl Miller
- Remembering Robin Luce
- Nyack at its Best...Serving Others
- Nyack Artists Featured in East Village Multimedia Showcase
- Pastor Charles Galbreath Special Guest on Donna Baptiste Ministries Radio Broadcast
- School of Music Profs Conduct Three-Day Vocal/Opera Institute
- Nyack Alumnus Dr. Ty Buckman Named Provost at Mary Baldwin University
- 2017 Grads Are Nyack's Inaugural Class of Biology Majors
- Nyack Grads on "Good Morning, America" Segment
- Commitment to Mission Awards to Dean Glenn Koponen and Dean Wanda Velez
- The Legacy of Service at Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary
- Soccer Team Online Fundraiser
- Dr. Ron Walborn at Christian Health Care Center on "Embracing Your Grief"
- NATIONAL NURSES WEEK: Cheryle Phenicie, R.N.
- Celebrating Nyack's School of Nursing Graduates
- Class of 2017....You Did It!
- Browse Blog Archive>>