Barb Shiffer: Well Done, Good and Faithful Servant!
You know that special stabilizing breed of people. You look for them sitting in the same church pew every week. In an office, their presence contributes to the cohesive work culture.
Barb Shiffer is one of those people. On the Nyack campus, you could count on seeing her at music concerts, during Homecoming Weekend, at faculty-staff end-of-year and Christmas luncheons, and athletic events. She’s been a part of campus clean-up days, served as a “dorm mom” to many students, and volunteered in the community surrounding the College.
When you consider the 46 years she’s been a Nyack College pillar, it’s pretty difficult to calculate how much she’s given in her various roles—from the start of her tenure as Business Office cashier through her more recent role as Human Resources Assistant.
Barb has loved her Hillside. And the Hillside has loved her back.
The bittersweet day arrived when the campus community gathered to say, "So long," to Barb as she prepares to head to the land of palm trees and flamingos, and most importantly warm weather.
God has opened a new door. The dedicated, hard-working, dependable, behind-the-scenes person, Barb Shiffer, is walking through that door. If she’d take a glimpse back, she’d see a queue of people—literally decades long—each with a hat tipped in her direction.
For the more than four decades of selfless service, President Michael Scales and the entire Nyack campus celebrates the career of a good and faithful servant and a generous Nyack friend.
Barb, may your retirement years be filled with abundant blessings!
- The Forum....Issue #6
- Nyack's Wakefield Wins CACC Conference Golf Championship
- Jonathan Demme, a Nyack Organizational Leadership Guest Speaker
- Nyack Honor Society Students Celebrated
- Summer 2017 Research Grants for Nyack Faculty Announced
- Issachah Savage Conducts Masterclass for Nyack Music Students
- Nyack College Helps Keep Rockland Beautiful
- APRIL 23: Nyack's "La Traviata" Performance Will Benefit Ottawa, IL Tornado Victims
- Warriors Men’s Soccer Loses 4-3 to United States Military Academy in Spring Finale
- Nyack Music Faculty/Alumnus ('09) Carlos Cuestas at Watchung Arts Center
- Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary 2017 Commencement
- Fishing Club Fundraiser
- Bill Roesch of Impact Paterson Begins Coaching Business Venture Competition Winners
- Nyack Bio Students Present at SEA PHAGES Conference
- High Praise in the Lincoln Center "Sanctuary"
- Winners of the Nyack College 2017 Student Research Conference Announced
- Dean Wanda Velez--a Panelist for Women in Leadership Conference
- Dr. James Danaher, INDIES Book of the Year Awards Finalist
- The Art of Photography With Rebecca Przywara
- Dr. Lawrence Resseler Conducts School of Social Work Seminar
- English Department Welcomes Author Steven Florczyk to the Nyack Rockland Campus
- CSGE Colloquium Features Dr. Larry Poston
- The Music of Dr. Tammy Lum Featured on WWFM.org., the Classical Network
- CSGE Releases Digital Brochure for April 4 Student Research Conference
- Nyack College School of Business Hosts Competition for Local Entrepreneurs
- Browse Blog Archive>>