Education Conference at Alliance Theological Seminary with Dr. Eric Mazur
Nyack College's Center for Teaching Excellence and Faculty Resources in partnership with Nyack Public Schools recently co-hosted a day-long conference at Alliance Theological Seminary (ATS), 350 North Highland Avenue in Nyack, NY for educators on the teaching and learning process.
Dr. Eric Mazur of Harvard University addressed the topic, “Enhancing Teaching Effectiveness” in two sessions, “Confessions of a Converted Lecturer” and “Assessment, the Silent Killer of Learning. Several afternoon sessions were also presented.
Mazur, Harvard’s Balkanski Professor of Physics and Applied Physics is internationally recognized for his work on peer instruction, interactive teaching methods and educational technology. This education innovator has been celebrated for his contributions to nanophotonics, a branch of optics, optical engineering, electrical engineering and nanotechnology. He was the 2014 recipient of the very first Minerva Prize for Advancements in Higher Education. The award according to the Minerva Institute website was created to recognize “one faculty member from any institution worldwide who has made a significant impact on student learning experiences through extraordinary innovation in higher education.”
Learn more about the Nyack College Center for Teaching Excellence and Faculty Resources led by Dr. Leonard Kageler.
Photo (l-r) Dr. Leonard Kageler and Dr. Eric Mazur)
- Celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Nyack Community Remembers NYC Music Student Curtis Crum III
- 13 of Nyack's Fall Athletes Recognized for Their Academic Excellence
- Dr. Jacqueline Washington Contributes to Research Article in Nature Microbiology
- Nyack's School of Music Headlines Concert at David Geffen Hall, Lincoln Center
- Global Service-Learning Director Updates on Nyack/ATS Teams in Israel
- Global Service-Learning Trip in Cuba with Drs. Ron and Wanda Walborn
- Winterim: ATS in Israel with Dr. Bryan Widbin
- ATS Alumni Among 2017 Pastors' Prayer Summit Leaders
- Globetrotting--the Nyack Way
- Soo-il Lee Recognized by Korean American Behavioral Health Association
- In Memoriam [Ring out, wild bells] by Lord Alfred Tennyson
- What You Can Discover at Nyack
- Steve Gardner (NC '87; ATS '94) Making Snowflakes
- Marcus Jugenheimer: A Major in God's Army
- The Gift of Mentoring at Nyack for Sneha Chrispal
- The Nyack Story: More Than Numbers by Provost David Turk
- Dr. Gerard Becker Co-authors Award Winning Paper
- Staff Highlight: Mr. Dan Bailey, Director of Admissions, Rockland Campus
- A Love Gift at Home for the Holidays
- West Side Story Off-Broadway...A Successful Eight-Show Run
- Nyack Rockland School of Music Winter Concert
- West Side Story Wows Audiences
- Isa Agape: A WNYK Interview and Worship & Praise Night Leader
- Telling the Nyack Story
- Browse Blog Archive>>