Education Conference at Alliance Theological Seminary with Dr. Eric Mazur
Nyack College's Center for Teaching Excellence and Faculty Resources in partnership with Nyack Public Schools recently co-hosted a day-long conference at Alliance Theological Seminary (ATS), 350 North Highland Avenue in Nyack, NY for educators on the teaching and learning process.
Dr. Eric Mazur of Harvard University addressed the topic, “Enhancing Teaching Effectiveness” in two sessions, “Confessions of a Converted Lecturer” and “Assessment, the Silent Killer of Learning. Several afternoon sessions were also presented.
Mazur, Harvard’s Balkanski Professor of Physics and Applied Physics is internationally recognized for his work on peer instruction, interactive teaching methods and educational technology. This education innovator has been celebrated for his contributions to nanophotonics, a branch of optics, optical engineering, electrical engineering and nanotechnology. He was the 2014 recipient of the very first Minerva Prize for Advancements in Higher Education. The award according to the Minerva Institute website was created to recognize “one faculty member from any institution worldwide who has made a significant impact on student learning experiences through extraordinary innovation in higher education.”
Learn more about the Nyack College Center for Teaching Excellence and Faculty Resources led by Dr. Leonard Kageler.
Photo (l-r) Dr. Leonard Kageler and Dr. Eric Mazur)
- MARCH 25: Dr. Guy Waters - Plenary Speaker for Evangelical Theological Society Conference
- Nyack's Spring Production: The Importance of Being Earnest
- Bach's 332nd Birthday Bash
- Nyack College Opera Workshop Presents Verdi's "La Traviata"
- The Gates Way to Medieval Times
- March 18: Hudson River Pianofest 2017 at Nyack College
- President Michael G. Scales to Begin New Term on CICU Board
- Udo Middelmann Returns to Nyack College for Colloquium on Civic Engagement
- Nyack School of Music Students on Harry Connick Jr. Show
- What Is Love? Nyack Rockland Artists Answer the Question
- American Red Cross Blood Drive at Nyack College
- Founder/CEO Evelyn Bautista-Miller Is CSGE Colloquium Speaker
- ATS Missions Retreat at Mount Crescent House
- Nyack College and Local Entrepreneurs to Compete for Over $22,000 in Prizes
- Academic Year 2017-2018 Applications Being Accepted for Student Leaders
- Nyack Rockland Associate Dean Wanda Velez, a Hope Gathering Speaker
- MARCH 2: An Authors' Talk Hosted by Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Program
- Fifth Anniversary Celebration & Silent Auction to Benefit Empower Program
- Student Spotlight: Jill Kim, AGSC Marriage and Family Therapy Major
- Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, C&MA Metro District Women's Retreat Speaker
- WNYK Pays Tribute to Black History Month
- Feb 18: School of Music's Noel Wippler, a Featured Artist in Mid-Atlantic Jazz Festival
- FEB 18: Purpose Performs at Katonah Village Library
- Nyack Students Participate in NY Student Aid Alliance Event
- Browse Blog Archive>>