2016 CCCU Diversity Conference
Council for Christian Colleges & Universities (CCCU) President Shirley Hoogstra (pictured) was joined by Nyack President Dr. Michael Scales and welcomed representatives from CCCU member colleges to its 2016 Diversity Conference held at the Nyack College NYC campus. Azusa Pacific University, which hosted its first Christians on Diversity in the Academy in 2008, was also a conference partner.
Nearly 250 participants from schools from across the nation attended. Nyack's Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs Dr. David Turk was a member of the Commission on Diversity and Inclusion.
The two-day event featured three keynote speakers: Pastors Gabriel and Jeannette Salguero, National Latino Evangelical Coalition; Mrs. Grace Ji-Sun Kim, Earlham School of Religion; and William James Jennings, Yale Divinity School. Nearly 30 breakout sessions were held in various classrooms on four floors of the Nyack campus at 2 Washington Street near the financial district. The riveting film, “The Armor of Light,” that documents the work of Rev. Rob Schenck on the growing issue of gun violence was screened.
A number of conference attendees stayed over to attend Sunday worship services in the area including Brooklyn Tabernacle where our own Dr. Charles Hammond, associate dean of students on the NYC campus is on the pastoral staff.
Nyack’s NYC campus Director of Admissions Andres Valenzuela provided images in the conference gallery shared by the CCCU.
- Tune In For a Special WNKY Segment With The Center for Human Development and Family Services
- American Red Cross Blood Drive at Nyack College
- Nyack College and Local Entrepreneurs to Compete for Over $22,000 in Prizes
- Academic Year 2017-2018 Applications Being Accepted for Student Leaders
- Student Spotlight: Jill Kim, AGSC Marriage and Family Therapy Major
- MARCH 2: An Authors' Talk Hosted by Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Program
- MARCH 3: Nyack Rockland Associate Dean Wanda Velez, a Hope Gathering Speaker
- Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, C&MA Metro District Women's Retreat Speaker
- WNYK Pays Tribute to Black History Month
- Feb 18: School of Music's Noel Wippler, a Featured Artist in Mid-Atlantic Jazz Festival
- FEB 18: Purpose Performs at Katonah Village Library
- Nyack Students Participate in NY Student Aid Alliance Event
- Recapturing the Art of Writing Love Letters
- Meet Dynamic NY Talent Trinity Rose on WNYK 88.7FM
- Accreditation Renewed for Nyack by the Association of Christian Schools International
- 2017 Alumni & Friends Phonathon Underway
- Yahoo! for Krysten Peek and Her 7-Continent Run
- Nyack Center Announces Winners of the Martin Luther King Oratory Contest
- Rev. Charles Galbreath--Nyack Chapel Speaker
- Deeper Life Series with Dr. Michael and Mrs. Lisa Plunket
- Udo Middelmann, Civic Engagement Speaker at Nyack Rockland and Nyack New York City
- ATS Alumni Among 2017 Pastors' Prayer Summit Leaders
- Dr. Jacqueline Washington Contributes to Research Article in Nature Microbiology
- Celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Nyack Community Remembers NYC Music Student Curtis Crum III
- Browse Blog Archive>>