Coming to Nyack: A Science & Technology Entry Program (STEP) for Youth
The New York State Education Department (NYSED) notified Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary President, Dr. Michael G. Scales that Nyack College has been awarded a $207,000 grant that will fund a Science and Technology Entry Program (STEP) to be conducted at the College through the year 2020. STEP programs target middle and high school whose science and technology skills will be enhanced by the program held Saturdays throughout the academic year.
The objective of STEP programs is “to increase the number of historically underrepresented and economically disadvantaged students prepared to enter college, and improve their participation rate in mathematics, science, technology, health related fields and the licensed professions.” Visit http://www.highered.nysed.gov/kiap/step for more information.
Associate Dean of Nyack’s Division of Student Success Dr. Gwen Parker-Ames (pictured) has worked feverishly behind the scenes to pursue this grant that will invite some 105 students from Nyack Middle School, Nyack High School and Spring Valley High School to participate in the program. In addition to Nyack faculty who will be selected to hold classes, Nyack College students will serve as tutors.
Congratulations to Dr. Parker-Ames for her diligent and persistent pursuit of the grant!
- FEB 25: Nyack Student Leaders at Christian Cultural Center's C3 Youth Ministry
- FEB 27: Dr. Anita Underwood, a WMCA Networking Breakfast Panelist
- FEB 28: Deadline for Endowed Scholarship Applications
- FEB 28 Seminary Chapel Concludes Black History Month With Pastor Donna Baptiste
- FEB 24: Prof. Shelley Jameson and School of Music Alumnae in Concert
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Althea Session-Lovett
- Nyack Alumna Tiffany Burnett ('05), a Boca Raton, FL Entrepreneur
- Spring Edition of The Forum Published
- OFFICIAL STATEMENT: Remembering God's General, Dr. Billy Graham
- Online Christian Colleges Ranks Nyack College
- Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- Shaun Jacobs-Patterson ('12) Named Senior Pastor at Trenton, NJ Church
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Isaac Foster
- Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Nyack New York City School of Music Student on "Harry" TV Show
- Screening of Documentary, "13th"
- Katalina Padilla: Being the Change
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Dr. Cleotha Robertson
- Feb 15: Screening of "13th" on Nyack Rockland Campus
- School of Education Dean Updates Program Accreditations
- Browse Blog Archive>>