Coming to Nyack: A Science & Technology Entry Program (STEP) for Youth
The New York State Education Department (NYSED) notified Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary President, Dr. Michael G. Scales that Nyack College has been awarded a $207,000 grant that will fund a Science and Technology Entry Program (STEP) to be conducted at the College through the year 2020. STEP programs target middle and high school whose science and technology skills will be enhanced by the program held Saturdays throughout the academic year.
The objective of STEP programs is “to increase the number of historically underrepresented and economically disadvantaged students prepared to enter college, and improve their participation rate in mathematics, science, technology, health related fields and the licensed professions.” Visit http://www.highered.nysed.gov/kiap/step for more information.
Associate Dean of Nyack’s Division of Student Success Dr. Gwen Parker-Ames (pictured) has worked feverishly behind the scenes to pursue this grant that will invite some 105 students from Nyack Middle School, Nyack High School and Spring Valley High School to participate in the program. In addition to Nyack faculty who will be selected to hold classes, Nyack College students will serve as tutors.
Congratulations to Dr. Parker-Ames for her diligent and persistent pursuit of the grant!
- The Forum....Issue #6
- Nyack's Wakefield Wins CACC Conference Golf Championship
- Jonathan Demme, a Nyack Organizational Leadership Guest Speaker
- Nyack Honor Society Students Celebrated
- Summer 2017 Research Grants for Nyack Faculty Announced
- Issachah Savage Conducts Masterclass for Nyack Music Students
- Nyack College Helps Keep Rockland Beautiful
- APRIL 23: Nyack's "La Traviata" Performance Will Benefit Ottawa, IL Tornado Victims
- Warriors Men’s Soccer Loses 4-3 to United States Military Academy in Spring Finale
- Nyack Music Faculty/Alumnus ('09) Carlos Cuestas at Watchung Arts Center
- Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary 2017 Commencement
- Fishing Club Fundraiser
- Bill Roesch of Impact Paterson Begins Coaching Business Venture Competition Winners
- Nyack Bio Students Present at SEA PHAGES Conference
- High Praise in the Lincoln Center "Sanctuary"
- Winners of the Nyack College 2017 Student Research Conference Announced
- Dean Wanda Velez--a Panelist for Women in Leadership Conference
- Dr. James Danaher, INDIES Book of the Year Awards Finalist
- The Art of Photography With Rebecca Przywara
- Dr. Lawrence Resseler Conducts School of Social Work Seminar
- English Department Welcomes Author Steven Florczyk to the Nyack Rockland Campus
- CSGE Colloquium Features Dr. Larry Poston
- The Music of Dr. Tammy Lum Featured on WWFM.org., the Classical Network
- CSGE Releases Digital Brochure for April 4 Student Research Conference
- Nyack College School of Business Hosts Competition for Local Entrepreneurs
- Browse Blog Archive>>