A Prayer Walk From NYC to Chicago With ATS Alumnus Al Taylor
If someone asks you to walk a mile in his shoes, you might consider it. But would you be willing to trek 780 miles from New York City to Chicago?
That’s what 2011 Alliance Theological Seminary alumnus Rev. Al Taylor did. The pastor at Infinity Mennonite Church in Harlem is no stranger to walking. In fact , he completed his prayer walk this past August traveling through New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, and Michigan. His story was featured in the Summer 2016 issue of The Positive Community, a New Jersey publication.
Under the protection of police escort, he participated in a prayer gathering on Chicago’s South Side where more than 500 individuals have been victims of violence in 2016. Taylor's prayer walk was covered by Fox News 32 Chicago.
Under the banner of “It’s a Love Thing,” Rev. Taylor’s walk was a demonstration against gun violence. He is also the founder of “Man Up in Harlem,” an outreach ministry for men that includes weekly prayer walks and a variety of community service efforts.
- Nyack Student Leaders at Christian Cultural Center's C3 Youth Ministry
- FEB 27: Dr. Anita Underwood, a WMCA Networking Breakfast Panelist
- FEB 28: Deadline for Endowed Scholarship Applications
- FEB 28 Seminary Chapel Concludes Black History Month With Pastor Donna Baptiste
- FEB 24: Prof. Shelley Jameson and School of Music Alumnae in Concert
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Althea Session-Lovett
- Nyack Alumna Tiffany Burnett ('05), a Boca Raton, FL Entrepreneur
- Spring Edition of The Forum Published
- OFFICIAL STATEMENT: Remembering God's General, Dr. Billy Graham
- Online Christian Colleges Ranks Nyack College
- Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- Shaun Jacobs-Patterson ('12) Named Senior Pastor at Trenton, NJ Church
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Isaac Foster
- Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Nyack New York City School of Music Student on "Harry" TV Show
- Screening of Documentary, "13th"
- Katalina Padilla: Being the Change
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Dr. Cleotha Robertson
- Feb 15: Screening of "13th" on Nyack Rockland Campus
- School of Education Dean Updates Program Accreditations
- Browse Blog Archive>>