Nyack Team at Sixth Annual Interfaith and Community Service Campus Challenge
Nyack’s Ancient Judaism & Christian Origins (AJCO) program will be represented at the Sixth Annual President’s Interfaith and Community Service Campus Challenge on Thursday, September 22 at Gallaudet University, 800 Florida Avenue NE in Washington, D.C.
The AJCO presentation, “Finding Common Ground: Interfaith Encounters with Land, Language and Literature,” will be addressed by Dr. Steven Notley (AJCO program director pictured), Dr. David Emanuel and Dr. Jeffrey Garcia (Nyack AJCO faculty/scholars); Juan Arias (Nyack AJCO student); and Dr. Steven Fine (Yeshiva University scholar, Center for Israel Studies).
Presentation summary: Intolerance survives where there is a vacuum of understanding. Through an academically and culturally rich curriculum, the graduate program in Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins at Nyack College challenges the hearts and minds of its students to consider issues of language, history, religious thought, and material culture belonging to both Judaism and Christianity in Roman antiquity. To foster a deeper understanding of the historical and religious world that connects and distinguishes Judaism and Christianity, Christian students study also with Jewish scholars – a rarity in Evangelical higher education. This rich engagement is shared with broader audiences through public access conferences and colloquia.
The panel will share different perspectives on the New Testament and corresponding Jewish literature, archaeological discoveries and the cultural backgrounds that connect Judaism and Christian origins.
Find more information here.
- Nyack Athletes in the Kitchen for Community
- WNYK Interviews Cast Members of "In the Heights"
- Nyack College In Top 20 Schools for Environment on 2018 Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education U.S. College Rankings
- Christian Medical & Dental Association NYC Chapter Holds "Care for the Soul" Conference
- RELEASE: Nyack's Campus in Puerto Rico Leads Community Outreach
- WNYK 88.7FM November Alumni Spotlight: Grace Williams ('15)
- Dr. Lyndell O'Hara - Colloquium Speaker
- The Forum, Vol. 2., Issue 2
- Opening Day for National Hispanic Education Summit and Scholars Symposium
- NOV 8-9: Scholars Symposium and National Hispanic Education Summit at Nyack
- Seminario Teológico de Puerto Rico...Firm and Persevering!
- Nyack Warriors Fight Strong for Breast Cancer Awareness
- 2017 Seed to Harvest Seminar Hosted by Donna Baptiste Ministries
- '08 ATS Alumnus and Young Adults Pastor Adds Executive Director Role to Ministry
- Faculty Recital Features Dr. Tammy Lum
- Nyack Dean to Azusa Pacific Director: Coast to Coast Mentoring
- Nyack Warriors Basketball Podcast
- A Nyack College Cast Revives Lin-Manuel Miranda's "In the Heights"
- Puerto Rico Seminary Community Outreach to Families
- NOV 15: WMCA Radio 570AM Networking Breakfast at Nyack New York City Campus
- Behind the Project with Isaiah Velez
- Nyack School of Music Students Perform at Market Street Mission
- Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement Hosts Colloquium Series
- Prayer Summit 2017 With Dave Powers
- Boxer Donut & Expresso Bar Owned by 2012 Nyack Alumnus, Eric Brown
- Browse Blog Archive>>