Nyack Team at Sixth Annual Interfaith and Community Service Campus Challenge
Nyack’s Ancient Judaism & Christian Origins (AJCO) program will be represented at the Sixth Annual President’s Interfaith and Community Service Campus Challenge on Thursday, September 22 at Gallaudet University, 800 Florida Avenue NE in Washington, D.C.
The AJCO presentation, “Finding Common Ground: Interfaith Encounters with Land, Language and Literature,” will be addressed by Dr. Steven Notley (AJCO program director pictured), Dr. David Emanuel and Dr. Jeffrey Garcia (Nyack AJCO faculty/scholars); Juan Arias (Nyack AJCO student); and Dr. Steven Fine (Yeshiva University scholar, Center for Israel Studies).
Presentation summary: Intolerance survives where there is a vacuum of understanding. Through an academically and culturally rich curriculum, the graduate program in Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins at Nyack College challenges the hearts and minds of its students to consider issues of language, history, religious thought, and material culture belonging to both Judaism and Christianity in Roman antiquity. To foster a deeper understanding of the historical and religious world that connects and distinguishes Judaism and Christianity, Christian students study also with Jewish scholars – a rarity in Evangelical higher education. This rich engagement is shared with broader audiences through public access conferences and colloquia.
The panel will share different perspectives on the New Testament and corresponding Jewish literature, archaeological discoveries and the cultural backgrounds that connect Judaism and Christian origins.
Find more information here.
- SEPT 23-25: Nyack President, Professors and Staff Are CCCU Diversity Conference Presenters
- Nyack Among Alliance Colleges Featured in Special Fall ALife
- A Prayer Walk From NYC to Chicago With ATS Alumnus Al Taylor
- Nyack Team at Sixth Annual Interfaith and Community Service Campus Challenge
- DEEPER LIFE SERIES: With Jon Tyson
- Seven Years Strong: Nyack's Rites of Passage Initiation Ceremony
- Every Day A Gift Concert: Music Prof and Transplant Recipient, Sungrai Sohn
- Nyack College Among Top Ethnically Diverse Regional Schools in the U.S.
- Chelsea Geyer (NC '12) Golf Classic Luncheon Speaker
- Holly Nichols: Keeping the Nyack Founder's Vision Alive
- 15 Years Later...We Still Remember
- Go Fish...Again!
- Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary to Be Highlighted on "Pursuing God" Broadcast
- Register for the Nyack Leadership Speaker Series Lecture With Peter Irvine
- CCCU 2016 Diversity Conference at Nyack NYC
- Alumni Jazz Musicians RSVP ASAP For This Homecoming Gig
- Amanda Halter, A Lady Warrior in Germany
- Jose Heredia (NC '09) at the Rose Nagelberg Theatre in Manhattan
- Carol Ann Freeman and Bonita D'Amil...Hearts for Hungary
- Gabrielle Do Goes Global With Her Spoken Word Artistry
- Nyack College Golf Classic Returns to Historic Saint Andrew's
- Go Fish! or The Adventures of Dr. Peter Park
- ATS Dean Announces New Role: ATS Director, Dr. Louis DeCaro, Jr.
- Nyack's Historic Excavation: Something to Write Home About
- Nyack Counseling Professor and Students to be Published
- Browse Blog Archive>>