Nyack Team at Sixth Annual Interfaith and Community Service Campus Challenge
Nyack’s Ancient Judaism & Christian Origins (AJCO) program will be represented at the Sixth Annual President’s Interfaith and Community Service Campus Challenge on Thursday, September 22 at Gallaudet University, 800 Florida Avenue NE in Washington, D.C.
The AJCO presentation, “Finding Common Ground: Interfaith Encounters with Land, Language and Literature,” will be addressed by Dr. Steven Notley (AJCO program director pictured), Dr. David Emanuel and Dr. Jeffrey Garcia (Nyack AJCO faculty/scholars); Juan Arias (Nyack AJCO student); and Dr. Steven Fine (Yeshiva University scholar, Center for Israel Studies).
Presentation summary: Intolerance survives where there is a vacuum of understanding. Through an academically and culturally rich curriculum, the graduate program in Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins at Nyack College challenges the hearts and minds of its students to consider issues of language, history, religious thought, and material culture belonging to both Judaism and Christianity in Roman antiquity. To foster a deeper understanding of the historical and religious world that connects and distinguishes Judaism and Christianity, Christian students study also with Jewish scholars – a rarity in Evangelical higher education. This rich engagement is shared with broader audiences through public access conferences and colloquia.
The panel will share different perspectives on the New Testament and corresponding Jewish literature, archaeological discoveries and the cultural backgrounds that connect Judaism and Christian origins.
Find more information here.
- American Red Cross Blood Drive at Nyack College
- Nyack College and Local Entrepreneurs to Compete for Over $22,000 in Prizes
- Academic Year 2017-2018 Applications Being Accepted for Student Leaders
- Student Spotlight: Jill Kim, AGSC Marriage and Family Therapy Major
- MARCH 2: An Authors' Talk Hosted by Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Program
- MARCH 3: Nyack Rockland Associate Dean Wanda Velez, a Hope Gathering Speaker
- Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, C&MA Metro District Women's Retreat Speaker
- WNYK Pays Tribute to Black History Month
- Feb 18: School of Music's Noel Wippler, a Featured Artist in Mid-Atlantic Jazz Festival
- FEB 18: Purpose Performs at Katonah Village Library
- Nyack Students Participate in NY Student Aid Alliance Event
- Recapturing the Art of Writing Love Letters
- Meet Dynamic NY Talent Trinity Rose on WNYK 88.7FM
- Accreditation Renewed for Nyack by the Association of Christian Schools International
- 2017 Alumni & Friends Phonathon Underway
- Yahoo! for Krysten Peek and Her 7-Continent Run
- Nyack Center Announces Winners of the Martin Luther King Oratory Contest
- Rev. Charles Galbreath--Nyack Chapel Speaker
- Deeper Life Series with Dr. Michael and Mrs. Lisa Plunket
- Udo Middelmann, Civic Engagement Speaker at Nyack Rockland and Nyack New York City
- ATS Alumni Among 2017 Pastors' Prayer Summit Leaders
- Dr. Jacqueline Washington Contributes to Research Article in Nature Microbiology
- Celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Nyack Community Remembers NYC Music Student Curtis Crum III
- 13 of Nyack's Fall Athletes Recognized for Their Academic Excellence
- Browse Blog Archive>>