Nyack Team at Sixth Annual Interfaith and Community Service Campus Challenge
Nyack’s Ancient Judaism & Christian Origins (AJCO) program will be represented at the Sixth Annual President’s Interfaith and Community Service Campus Challenge on Thursday, September 22 at Gallaudet University, 800 Florida Avenue NE in Washington, D.C.
The AJCO presentation, “Finding Common Ground: Interfaith Encounters with Land, Language and Literature,” will be addressed by Dr. Steven Notley (AJCO program director pictured), Dr. David Emanuel and Dr. Jeffrey Garcia (Nyack AJCO faculty/scholars); Juan Arias (Nyack AJCO student); and Dr. Steven Fine (Yeshiva University scholar, Center for Israel Studies).
Presentation summary: Intolerance survives where there is a vacuum of understanding. Through an academically and culturally rich curriculum, the graduate program in Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins at Nyack College challenges the hearts and minds of its students to consider issues of language, history, religious thought, and material culture belonging to both Judaism and Christianity in Roman antiquity. To foster a deeper understanding of the historical and religious world that connects and distinguishes Judaism and Christianity, Christian students study also with Jewish scholars – a rarity in Evangelical higher education. This rich engagement is shared with broader audiences through public access conferences and colloquia.
The panel will share different perspectives on the New Testament and corresponding Jewish literature, archaeological discoveries and the cultural backgrounds that connect Judaism and Christian origins.
Find more information here.
- Celebrating the Life of ATS Alumna Aliceteen Taylor
- AGSC's Marriage & Family Therapy Ranked #4 Among Top 25 Counseling Programs in the Northeast
- Nyack Basketball Alumni Compete at IBall National Pro Combine
- School of Ed Professors Recognized by American Educational Research Association
- Memorial Service for Robin Luce
- Division of Student Success Dean Hosts STEM Event for Rockland Youth
- Remembering Manuel Ocana: A Strong, Gentle Leader
- Nyack College Partners With Long Island School on NYS Presidential Scholarship
- Nyack Profs Present at The Great Fish Count
- 2017 Sports Camp for Youth at Nyack College
- Nyack Alumni Sean Pica and Luis Diaz on SiriusXM Broadcast
- Nyack Scholars Symposium Presentation Proposal Deadline
- Rockland Leaders Gather to Show Appreciation for Community Relations Director Earl Miller
- Remembering Robin Luce
- Nyack at its Best...Serving Others
- Nyack Artists Featured in East Village Multimedia Showcase
- Pastor Charles Galbreath Special Guest on Donna Baptiste Ministries Radio Broadcast
- School of Music Profs Conduct Three-Day Vocal/Opera Institute
- Nyack Alumnus Dr. Ty Buckman Named Provost at Mary Baldwin University
- 2017 Grads Are Nyack's Inaugural Class of Biology Majors
- Nyack Grads on "Good Morning, America" Segment
- Commitment to Mission Awards to Dean Glenn Koponen and Dean Wanda Velez
- The Legacy of Service at Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary
- Soccer Team Online Fundraiser
- Dr. Ron Walborn at Christian Health Care Center on "Embracing Your Grief"
- Browse Blog Archive>>