Nyack Team at Sixth Annual Interfaith and Community Service Campus Challenge
Nyack’s Ancient Judaism & Christian Origins (AJCO) program will be represented at the Sixth Annual President’s Interfaith and Community Service Campus Challenge on Thursday, September 22 at Gallaudet University, 800 Florida Avenue NE in Washington, D.C.
The AJCO presentation, “Finding Common Ground: Interfaith Encounters with Land, Language and Literature,” will be addressed by Dr. Steven Notley (AJCO program director pictured), Dr. David Emanuel and Dr. Jeffrey Garcia (Nyack AJCO faculty/scholars); Juan Arias (Nyack AJCO student); and Dr. Steven Fine (Yeshiva University scholar, Center for Israel Studies).
Presentation summary: Intolerance survives where there is a vacuum of understanding. Through an academically and culturally rich curriculum, the graduate program in Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins at Nyack College challenges the hearts and minds of its students to consider issues of language, history, religious thought, and material culture belonging to both Judaism and Christianity in Roman antiquity. To foster a deeper understanding of the historical and religious world that connects and distinguishes Judaism and Christianity, Christian students study also with Jewish scholars – a rarity in Evangelical higher education. This rich engagement is shared with broader audiences through public access conferences and colloquia.
The panel will share different perspectives on the New Testament and corresponding Jewish literature, archaeological discoveries and the cultural backgrounds that connect Judaism and Christian origins.
Find more information here.
- Negocios Now "40 under 40" List Showcases Nyack Alumna Kathia Benitez
- March 15-17: Latino Pastoral Action Center Hosts 2018 Legacy Conference
- Music Faculty and Students Perform With Opera Star in Kansas City, MO
- Schedule Your Nyack College Visit
- MARCH 15: Writing Center's March Event: The Book of Elyon with Emmanuel Jean-Pierre
- MARCH 21: Bach's 333rd Birthday Bash!
- Metro District Women's Spring Retreat Registration In Progress
- Seminary Chapel Concludes Black History Month With Pastor Donna Baptiste
- Dr. Anita Underwood, a Panelist on Christian Radio Network
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: DeLissa Dixon
- Nyack Student Leaders at Christian Cultural Center's C3 Youth Ministry
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Althea Session-Lovett
- Nyack Alumna Tiffany Burnett ('05), a Boca Raton, FL Entrepreneur
- Spring Edition of The Forum Published
- OFFICIAL STATEMENT: Remembering God's General, Dr. Billy Graham
- Online Christian Colleges Ranks Nyack College
- Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- Shaun Jacobs-Patterson ('12) Named Senior Pastor at Trenton, NJ Church
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Isaac Foster
- Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Browse Blog Archive>>