CCCU 2016 Diversity Conference at Nyack NYC
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Council for Christian Colleges & Universities
Hosts its 2016 Diversity Conference at
Nyack College New York City
New York City, NY—Council for Christian Colleges & Universities (CCCU) President Shirley V. Hoogstra, along with Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary President Dr. Michael G. Scales will welcome conference attendees to the second annual CCCU Diversity Conference September 23-25. The gathering, hosted by the CCCU Diversity and Inclusion Commission, will convene at the Nyack College campus located at 2 Washington Street in New York City. The three-day event, “Diversity, an Imperative: Next Steps for Action,” will convene members of the CCCU and other diversity and inclusion thought leaders.
Grace Ji-Sun Kim, associate professor of theology at the Earlham School of Religion, a graduate division of Earlham College, in Richmond, IN will be the keynote speaker on Friday, September 23 at 3:45 p.m. She is the author of Embracing the Other: The Transformative Spirit of Love. On Saturday, September 24 at 6:00 p.m. Willie Jennings, associate professor of systematic theology and Africana Studies at Yale Divinity School in New Haven, CT will be the keynote speaker. He is the author of The Christian Imagination: Theology and the Origins of Race.
In addition to greetings from President Scales, Nyack faculty and staff presenters for the conference include Director of Spiritual Formation Dr. Wanda Walborn, Associate Dean of Student Success Dr. Gwen Parker Ames, College Advisor/Coordinator for the Conversation Project Mr. Nathaniel Perez; Nyack NYC Dean of Students Dr. Charles Hammond and Nyack Rockland Dean of Students Mrs. Wanda Velez.
"The Commission is excited to bring together amazing speakers, workshops and a time of fellowship with colleagues from across many sister schools to talk about the important issues related to diversity and inclusion on Christian college campuses,” says George Fox University Associate Vice President of Intercultural Engagement & Faculty Development Rebecca Hernandez. Ms. Hernandez, also the CCCU Chair of the Commission on Diversity and Inclusion, adds, “We are excited to gather at Nyack College which has one of the most diverse campuses in the CCCU. This exciting venue will be a great addition to the active learning and fellowship.”
For more details, including registration information, visit the CCCU website. Early bird rates end Wednesday, August 31.
- OCT 23-25: Dave Powers Returns for Spiritual Formation's Prayer Summit 2017
- OCT 23: Nyack College School of Music Performance at Steinway Hall
- OCT 26: Behind the Project with Isaiah Velez
- OCT 29: Trunk or Treat Comes to Nyack College Rockland
- Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary Alumni at Metro District Conference "Expectation"
- Movement Day New York City
- Saxophonist Jacob Nevill (NC '08) in Grace Church Concert
- NOV 8-9: Nyack Scholars Symposium and National Hispanic Education Summit at Nyack
- NOV 4: Dr. Anna Flores-Locke to Present at American Counseling Association Event
- WNYK's October Alumni Spotlight: Stephen and Lauri (Boyd) McKnight
- First 2017-2018 Issue of The Forum is Released
- The Amasi Trio in Concert
- Fall Faculty Reading Features Dr. Charles Beach
- FOUNDER'S DAY CHAPEL: C&MA Canada President David Hearn
- Ron Blue Institute Center Comes to Nyack College
- WNYK Re-airs Segments of "Perspectives on Personal Living"
- Nyack Warrior Athletics and Nyack Health Services Host "Pink Out" Events
- Praise Report from Puerto Rico
- Nyack Music Professor Damien Sneed on Stage at Carnegie Hall
- Dr. Lawrence Schiffman, Dead Sea Scrolls Scholar Visits Nyack New York City
- Fashion as WordArt Hosted by Nyack's Rockland Writing Center
- Cultivate Coffee Opens on Campus
- Who's Returning to the Hillside for Homecoming?
- Listening Party for Isaiah Velez
- Borderline Music Fest Features Nyack Alumnus "Skerrit Bwoy"
- Browse Blog Archive>>