CCCU 2016 Diversity Conference at Nyack NYC
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Council for Christian Colleges & Universities
Hosts its 2016 Diversity Conference at
Nyack College New York City
New York City, NY—Council for Christian Colleges & Universities (CCCU) President Shirley V. Hoogstra, along with Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary President Dr. Michael G. Scales will welcome conference attendees to the second annual CCCU Diversity Conference September 23-25. The gathering, hosted by the CCCU Diversity and Inclusion Commission, will convene at the Nyack College campus located at 2 Washington Street in New York City. The three-day event, “Diversity, an Imperative: Next Steps for Action,” will convene members of the CCCU and other diversity and inclusion thought leaders.
Grace Ji-Sun Kim, associate professor of theology at the Earlham School of Religion, a graduate division of Earlham College, in Richmond, IN will be the keynote speaker on Friday, September 23 at 3:45 p.m. She is the author of Embracing the Other: The Transformative Spirit of Love. On Saturday, September 24 at 6:00 p.m. Willie Jennings, associate professor of systematic theology and Africana Studies at Yale Divinity School in New Haven, CT will be the keynote speaker. He is the author of The Christian Imagination: Theology and the Origins of Race.
In addition to greetings from President Scales, Nyack faculty and staff presenters for the conference include Director of Spiritual Formation Dr. Wanda Walborn, Associate Dean of Student Success Dr. Gwen Parker Ames, College Advisor/Coordinator for the Conversation Project Mr. Nathaniel Perez; Nyack NYC Dean of Students Dr. Charles Hammond and Nyack Rockland Dean of Students Mrs. Wanda Velez.
"The Commission is excited to bring together amazing speakers, workshops and a time of fellowship with colleagues from across many sister schools to talk about the important issues related to diversity and inclusion on Christian college campuses,” says George Fox University Associate Vice President of Intercultural Engagement & Faculty Development Rebecca Hernandez. Ms. Hernandez, also the CCCU Chair of the Commission on Diversity and Inclusion, adds, “We are excited to gather at Nyack College which has one of the most diverse campuses in the CCCU. This exciting venue will be a great addition to the active learning and fellowship.”
For more details, including registration information, visit the CCCU website. Early bird rates end Wednesday, August 31.
- The Forum....Issue #6
- Nyack's Wakefield Wins CACC Conference Golf Championship
- Jonathan Demme, a Nyack Organizational Leadership Guest Speaker
- Nyack Honor Society Students Celebrated
- Summer 2017 Research Grants for Nyack Faculty Announced
- Issachah Savage Conducts Masterclass for Nyack Music Students
- Nyack College Helps Keep Rockland Beautiful
- APRIL 23: Nyack's "La Traviata" Performance Will Benefit Ottawa, IL Tornado Victims
- Warriors Men’s Soccer Loses 4-3 to United States Military Academy in Spring Finale
- Nyack Music Faculty/Alumnus ('09) Carlos Cuestas at Watchung Arts Center
- Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary 2017 Commencement
- Fishing Club Fundraiser
- Bill Roesch of Impact Paterson Begins Coaching Business Venture Competition Winners
- Nyack Bio Students Present at SEA PHAGES Conference
- High Praise in the Lincoln Center "Sanctuary"
- Winners of the Nyack College 2017 Student Research Conference Announced
- Dean Wanda Velez--a Panelist for Women in Leadership Conference
- Dr. James Danaher, INDIES Book of the Year Awards Finalist
- The Art of Photography With Rebecca Przywara
- Dr. Lawrence Resseler Conducts School of Social Work Seminar
- English Department Welcomes Author Steven Florczyk to the Nyack Rockland Campus
- CSGE Colloquium Features Dr. Larry Poston
- The Music of Dr. Tammy Lum Featured on WWFM.org., the Classical Network
- CSGE Releases Digital Brochure for April 4 Student Research Conference
- Nyack College School of Business Hosts Competition for Local Entrepreneurs
- Browse Blog Archive>>