CCCU 2016 Diversity Conference at Nyack NYC
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Council for Christian Colleges & Universities
Hosts its 2016 Diversity Conference at
Nyack College New York City
New York City, NY—Council for Christian Colleges & Universities (CCCU) President Shirley V. Hoogstra, along with Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary President Dr. Michael G. Scales will welcome conference attendees to the second annual CCCU Diversity Conference September 23-25. The gathering, hosted by the CCCU Diversity and Inclusion Commission, will convene at the Nyack College campus located at 2 Washington Street in New York City. The three-day event, “Diversity, an Imperative: Next Steps for Action,” will convene members of the CCCU and other diversity and inclusion thought leaders.
Grace Ji-Sun Kim, associate professor of theology at the Earlham School of Religion, a graduate division of Earlham College, in Richmond, IN will be the keynote speaker on Friday, September 23 at 3:45 p.m. She is the author of Embracing the Other: The Transformative Spirit of Love. On Saturday, September 24 at 6:00 p.m. Willie Jennings, associate professor of systematic theology and Africana Studies at Yale Divinity School in New Haven, CT will be the keynote speaker. He is the author of The Christian Imagination: Theology and the Origins of Race.
In addition to greetings from President Scales, Nyack faculty and staff presenters for the conference include Director of Spiritual Formation Dr. Wanda Walborn, Associate Dean of Student Success Dr. Gwen Parker Ames, College Advisor/Coordinator for the Conversation Project Mr. Nathaniel Perez; Nyack NYC Dean of Students Dr. Charles Hammond and Nyack Rockland Dean of Students Mrs. Wanda Velez.
"The Commission is excited to bring together amazing speakers, workshops and a time of fellowship with colleagues from across many sister schools to talk about the important issues related to diversity and inclusion on Christian college campuses,” says George Fox University Associate Vice President of Intercultural Engagement & Faculty Development Rebecca Hernandez. Ms. Hernandez, also the CCCU Chair of the Commission on Diversity and Inclusion, adds, “We are excited to gather at Nyack College which has one of the most diverse campuses in the CCCU. This exciting venue will be a great addition to the active learning and fellowship.”
For more details, including registration information, visit the CCCU website. Early bird rates end Wednesday, August 31.
- School of Ed Professors Recognized by American Educational Research Association
- June 25 Memorial Service for Robin Luce
- Division of Student Success Dean Hosts STEM Event for Rockland Youth
- Remembering Manuel Ocana: A Strong, Gentle Leader
- Nyack College Partners With Long Island School on NYS Presidential Scholarship
- Nyack Profs Present at The Great Fish Count
- 2017 Sports Camp for Youth at Nyack College
- Nyack Alumni Sean Pica and Luis Diaz on SiriusXM Broadcast
- Nyack Scholars Symposium Presentation Proposal Deadline
- Rockland Leaders Gather to Show Appreciation for Community Relations Director Earl Miller
- Remembering Robin Luce
- Nyack at its Best...Serving Others
- Nyack Artists Featured in East Village Multimedia Showcase
- Pastor Charles Galbreath Special Guest on Donna Baptiste Ministries Radio Broadcast
- School of Music Profs Conduct Three-Day Vocal/Opera Institute
- Nyack Alumnus Dr. Ty Buckman Named Provost at Mary Baldwin University
- 2017 Grads Are Nyack's Inaugural Class of Biology Majors
- Nyack Grads on "Good Morning, America" Segment
- Commitment to Mission Awards to Dean Glenn Koponen and Dean Wanda Velez
- The Legacy of Service at Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary
- Soccer Team Online Fundraiser
- Dr. Ron Walborn at Christian Health Care Center on "Embracing Your Grief"
- NATIONAL NURSES WEEK: Cheryle Phenicie, R.N.
- Celebrating Nyack's School of Nursing Graduates
- Class of 2017....You Did It!
- Browse Blog Archive>>