CCCU 2016 Diversity Conference at Nyack NYC
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Council for Christian Colleges & Universities
Hosts its 2016 Diversity Conference at
Nyack College New York City
New York City, NY—Council for Christian Colleges & Universities (CCCU) President Shirley V. Hoogstra, along with Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary President Dr. Michael G. Scales will welcome conference attendees to the second annual CCCU Diversity Conference September 23-25. The gathering, hosted by the CCCU Diversity and Inclusion Commission, will convene at the Nyack College campus located at 2 Washington Street in New York City. The three-day event, “Diversity, an Imperative: Next Steps for Action,” will convene members of the CCCU and other diversity and inclusion thought leaders.
Grace Ji-Sun Kim, associate professor of theology at the Earlham School of Religion, a graduate division of Earlham College, in Richmond, IN will be the keynote speaker on Friday, September 23 at 3:45 p.m. She is the author of Embracing the Other: The Transformative Spirit of Love. On Saturday, September 24 at 6:00 p.m. Willie Jennings, associate professor of systematic theology and Africana Studies at Yale Divinity School in New Haven, CT will be the keynote speaker. He is the author of The Christian Imagination: Theology and the Origins of Race.
In addition to greetings from President Scales, Nyack faculty and staff presenters for the conference include Director of Spiritual Formation Dr. Wanda Walborn, Associate Dean of Student Success Dr. Gwen Parker Ames, College Advisor/Coordinator for the Conversation Project Mr. Nathaniel Perez; Nyack NYC Dean of Students Dr. Charles Hammond and Nyack Rockland Dean of Students Mrs. Wanda Velez.
"The Commission is excited to bring together amazing speakers, workshops and a time of fellowship with colleagues from across many sister schools to talk about the important issues related to diversity and inclusion on Christian college campuses,” says George Fox University Associate Vice President of Intercultural Engagement & Faculty Development Rebecca Hernandez. Ms. Hernandez, also the CCCU Chair of the Commission on Diversity and Inclusion, adds, “We are excited to gather at Nyack College which has one of the most diverse campuses in the CCCU. This exciting venue will be a great addition to the active learning and fellowship.”
For more details, including registration information, visit the CCCU website. Early bird rates end Wednesday, August 31.
- OCT 24-26: PRAYER SUMMIT with Dave Powers Hosted by Office of Spiritual Formation
- OCT 26: Fall Colloquium at Nyack Rockland on Civic Engagement
- NOV 2-3: Eighth Annual Nyack Scholars Symposium
- Education Conference at Alliance Theological Seminary with Dr. Eric Mazur
- Barb Shiffer: Well Done, Good and Faithful Servant!
- Get Tickets for Nyack's Production of West Side Story!
- Cast Your Vote for Josh and Jaclyn Blanchard!
- Remembering Tryphena Ramcharitar
- Every Day A Gift Concert, Music Prof and Transplant Recipient, Sungrai Sohn
- Service of Remembrance for Social Work Major Utopia Campbell
- ATS Alumna Karen Goff is VP at Agnes Scott College
- Alumna Rynae Rasley Joins U.S. Air Force Academy Coaching Staff
- Qian Ye, Nyack Alumna Featured in Global Mural Conference
- Celebrating the Service of a Pioneer: Drusila Nieves
- Listen Up! Nyack's WNYK 88.7FM
- 2016 CCCU Diversity Conference
- Coming to Nyack: A Science & Technology Entry Program (STEP) for Youth
- Holly Nichols: Keeping the Nyack Founder's Vision Alive
- Nyack President, Professors and Staff Are CCCU Diversity Conference Presenters
- Nyack Among Alliance Colleges Featured in Special Fall ALife
- A Prayer Walk From NYC to Chicago With ATS Alumnus Al Taylor
- Nyack Team at Sixth Annual Interfaith and Community Service Campus Challenge
- DEEPER LIFE SERIES: With Jon Tyson
- Seven Years Strong: Nyack's Rites of Passage Initiation Ceremony
- Nyack College Among Top Ethnically Diverse Regional Schools in the U.S.
- Browse Blog Archive>>