Nyack College Golf Classic Returns to Historic Saint Andrew's
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
NYACK COLLEGE OPPORTUNITY GOLF CLASSIC
At The Saint Andrew’s Golf Club In
NYACK, NY—Nyack College will host its 2016 Opportunity Golf Classic on Thursday, September 15 at The Saint Andrew’s Golf Club, America's oldest golf venue located at 10 Old Jackson Avenue in Hastings-on-Hudson, New York. The prestigious Saint Andrew’s Club, just 20 miles from New York City, was founded in 1888 and is also a founding member of the United States Golf Association (USGA). Club members and their guests play one of our nation’s favorite pastimes on a par-71 golf course, which was redesigned by Jack Nicklaus in 1983.
For more than a decade, Nyack College has sponsored this fundraising event to benefit deserving young men and women pursuing higher education at Nyack. Supporters of the event can participate as an individual golfer, as a part of a golfing foursome or attend the luncheon only.
This year, golfers have a choice of using the service of caddies or forecaddies. Registration and a continental breakfast begin at 8:00 a.m. followed by a shot-gun start at 9:30 a.m. A barbecue and reception is scheduled for 2:00 p.m. where the Tsilla Flint Memorial Trophy, the longest drive award for women, will be presented.
Thirty-six percent of Nyack's students are the first from their family to attend college. Fifty-two percent have significant financial need based on government guidelines. Participation in this event is an opportunity to enjoy the day on a world-class course and to support Nyack’s efforts to educate and develop emerging leaders preparing to serve others in local and global communities.
Details on participation and sponsorships are available on the College’s homepage at www.nyack.edu/golfclassic. Early bird rates end on August 22. The deadline for payment and completed registration forms is September 9. For more information, contact Special Events Coordinator Nancy Gates via email at Nancy.Gates@nyack.edu or phone 845.675.4431.
- School of Music Art Series Features Pianist Hui-Mei Lin
- Spiritual Life at Nyack College: Chapel Services
- Nyack/ATS Alumni Celebrate MLK Day in Israel
- C&MA Metro District Sponsors MORE: One-Day Retreat for Women
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Team Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Remembering the Warrior Who Dreamed: Civil Rights Leader, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Oral History Project in Nyack, NY features Alumnus Earl Miller
- New Student Orientation at Nyack NYC
- A Bible Translation's Impact on the View of Women in God's Story
- #nyackglobal, Where in the World Are You?
- Just One Grape: A 2017 P.S.
- The New Has Come!
- National Geographic Article on Nyack's Archaeological Dig Team Makes 2017 Editor's Favorites List
- Alliance Theological Seminary Dean Visits Extension Site in Puerto Rico
- Holiday Sales With a Social Purpose
- The Forum...Bringing Holiday Cheer
- WNYK 88.7FM December Alumni Spotlight: Caitlin Kerr
- An "In the Heights" Postscript
- A Year of Jubilee for the School of Education
- Dr. Louis DeCaro Awarded John Brown Society Silver Medal
- THE CAUSE: Supporting Educators in Urban Schools
- Nyack Students and Faculty in Christmas Music at the Mall
- Writing Center's "Grand Slam" Postponed Until Spring Semester
- A Christmas Tradition: The Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Four Women Volleyball Players on All-Academic Team
- Browse Blog Archive>>