Nyack College Golf Classic Returns to Historic Saint Andrew's
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
NYACK COLLEGE OPPORTUNITY GOLF CLASSIC
At The Saint Andrew’s Golf Club In
NYACK, NY—Nyack College will host its 2016 Opportunity Golf Classic on Thursday, September 15 at The Saint Andrew’s Golf Club, America's oldest golf venue located at 10 Old Jackson Avenue in Hastings-on-Hudson, New York. The prestigious Saint Andrew’s Club, just 20 miles from New York City, was founded in 1888 and is also a founding member of the United States Golf Association (USGA). Club members and their guests play one of our nation’s favorite pastimes on a par-71 golf course, which was redesigned by Jack Nicklaus in 1983.
For more than a decade, Nyack College has sponsored this fundraising event to benefit deserving young men and women pursuing higher education at Nyack. Supporters of the event can participate as an individual golfer, as a part of a golfing foursome or attend the luncheon only.
This year, golfers have a choice of using the service of caddies or forecaddies. Registration and a continental breakfast begin at 8:00 a.m. followed by a shot-gun start at 9:30 a.m. A barbecue and reception is scheduled for 2:00 p.m. where the Tsilla Flint Memorial Trophy, the longest drive award for women, will be presented.
Thirty-six percent of Nyack's students are the first from their family to attend college. Fifty-two percent have significant financial need based on government guidelines. Participation in this event is an opportunity to enjoy the day on a world-class course and to support Nyack’s efforts to educate and develop emerging leaders preparing to serve others in local and global communities.
Details on participation and sponsorships are available on the College’s homepage at www.nyack.edu/golfclassic. Early bird rates end on August 22. The deadline for payment and completed registration forms is September 9. For more information, contact Special Events Coordinator Nancy Gates via email at Nancy.Gates@nyack.edu or phone 845.675.4431.
- Jan 30-Feb 1: Deeper Life Series with Dr. Michael and Mrs. Lisa Plunket
- ATS Alumni Among 2017 Pastors' Prayer Summit Leaders
- Udo Middelmann: Civic Engagement Speaker at Nyack Rockland and Nyack New York City
- Nyack College Scholarships for Winners of Feb 4 MLK Oratory Contest
- Dr. Jacqueline Washington Contributes to Research Article in Nature Microbiology
- Celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Nyack Community Remembers NYC Music Student Curtis Crum III
- 13 of Nyack's Fall Athletes Recognized for Their Academic Excellence
- Nyack's School of Music Headlines Concert at David Geffen Hall, Lincoln Center
- Global Service-Learning Director Updates on Nyack/ATS Teams in Israel
- Global Service-Learning Trip in Cuba with Drs. Ron and Wanda Walborn
- Winterim: ATS in Israel with Dr. Bryan Widbin
- Globetrotting--the Nyack Way
- Soo-il Lee Recognized by Korean American Behavioral Health Association
- In Memoriam [Ring out, wild bells] by Lord Alfred Tennyson
- What You Can Discover at Nyack
- Steve Gardner (NC '87; ATS '94) Making Snowflakes
- Marcus Jugenheimer: A Major in God's Army
- The Gift of Mentoring at Nyack for Sneha Chrispal
- The Nyack Story: More Than Numbers by Provost David Turk
- Dr. Gerard Becker Co-authors Award Winning Paper
- Staff Highlight: Mr. Dan Bailey, Director of Admissions, Rockland Campus
- A Love Gift at Home for the Holidays
- West Side Story Off-Broadway...A Successful Eight-Show Run
- Nyack Rockland School of Music Winter Concert
- Browse Blog Archive>>