Nyack College Golf Classic Returns to Historic Saint Andrew's
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
NYACK COLLEGE OPPORTUNITY GOLF CLASSIC
At The Saint Andrew’s Golf Club In
NYACK, NY—Nyack College will host its 2016 Opportunity Golf Classic on Thursday, September 15 at The Saint Andrew’s Golf Club, America's oldest golf venue located at 10 Old Jackson Avenue in Hastings-on-Hudson, New York. The prestigious Saint Andrew’s Club, just 20 miles from New York City, was founded in 1888 and is also a founding member of the United States Golf Association (USGA). Club members and their guests play one of our nation’s favorite pastimes on a par-71 golf course, which was redesigned by Jack Nicklaus in 1983.
For more than a decade, Nyack College has sponsored this fundraising event to benefit deserving young men and women pursuing higher education at Nyack. Supporters of the event can participate as an individual golfer, as a part of a golfing foursome or attend the luncheon only.
This year, golfers have a choice of using the service of caddies or forecaddies. Registration and a continental breakfast begin at 8:00 a.m. followed by a shot-gun start at 9:30 a.m. A barbecue and reception is scheduled for 2:00 p.m. where the Tsilla Flint Memorial Trophy, the longest drive award for women, will be presented.
Thirty-six percent of Nyack's students are the first from their family to attend college. Fifty-two percent have significant financial need based on government guidelines. Participation in this event is an opportunity to enjoy the day on a world-class course and to support Nyack’s efforts to educate and develop emerging leaders preparing to serve others in local and global communities.
Details on participation and sponsorships are available on the College’s homepage at www.nyack.edu/golfclassic. Early bird rates end on August 22. The deadline for payment and completed registration forms is September 9. For more information, contact Special Events Coordinator Nancy Gates via email at Nancy.Gates@nyack.edu or phone 845.675.4431.
- AGSC's Marriage & Family Therapy Ranked #4 Among Top 25 Counseling Programs in the Northeast
- Nyack Basketball Alumni Compete at IBall National Pro Combine
- School of Ed Professors Recognized by American Educational Research Association
- Memorial Service for Robin Luce
- Division of Student Success Dean Hosts STEM Event for Rockland Youth
- Remembering Manuel Ocana: A Strong, Gentle Leader
- Nyack College Partners With Long Island School on NYS Presidential Scholarship
- Nyack Profs Present at The Great Fish Count
- 2017 Sports Camp for Youth at Nyack College
- Nyack Alumni Sean Pica and Luis Diaz on SiriusXM Broadcast
- Nyack Scholars Symposium Presentation Proposal Deadline
- Rockland Leaders Gather to Show Appreciation for Community Relations Director Earl Miller
- Remembering Robin Luce
- Nyack at its Best...Serving Others
- Nyack Artists Featured in East Village Multimedia Showcase
- Pastor Charles Galbreath Special Guest on Donna Baptiste Ministries Radio Broadcast
- School of Music Profs Conduct Three-Day Vocal/Opera Institute
- Nyack Alumnus Dr. Ty Buckman Named Provost at Mary Baldwin University
- 2017 Grads Are Nyack's Inaugural Class of Biology Majors
- Nyack Grads on "Good Morning, America" Segment
- Commitment to Mission Awards to Dean Glenn Koponen and Dean Wanda Velez
- The Legacy of Service at Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary
- Soccer Team Online Fundraiser
- Dr. Ron Walborn at Christian Health Care Center on "Embracing Your Grief"
- NATIONAL NURSES WEEK: Cheryle Phenicie, R.N.
- Browse Blog Archive>>