Nyack College Golf Classic Returns to Historic Saint Andrew's
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
NYACK COLLEGE OPPORTUNITY GOLF CLASSIC
At The Saint Andrew’s Golf Club In
NYACK, NY—Nyack College will host its 2016 Opportunity Golf Classic on Thursday, September 15 at The Saint Andrew’s Golf Club, America's oldest golf venue located at 10 Old Jackson Avenue in Hastings-on-Hudson, New York. The prestigious Saint Andrew’s Club, just 20 miles from New York City, was founded in 1888 and is also a founding member of the United States Golf Association (USGA). Club members and their guests play one of our nation’s favorite pastimes on a par-71 golf course, which was redesigned by Jack Nicklaus in 1983.
For more than a decade, Nyack College has sponsored this fundraising event to benefit deserving young men and women pursuing higher education at Nyack. Supporters of the event can participate as an individual golfer, as a part of a golfing foursome or attend the luncheon only.
This year, golfers have a choice of using the service of caddies or forecaddies. Registration and a continental breakfast begin at 8:00 a.m. followed by a shot-gun start at 9:30 a.m. A barbecue and reception is scheduled for 2:00 p.m. where the Tsilla Flint Memorial Trophy, the longest drive award for women, will be presented.
Thirty-six percent of Nyack's students are the first from their family to attend college. Fifty-two percent have significant financial need based on government guidelines. Participation in this event is an opportunity to enjoy the day on a world-class course and to support Nyack’s efforts to educate and develop emerging leaders preparing to serve others in local and global communities.
Details on participation and sponsorships are available on the College’s homepage at www.nyack.edu/golfclassic. Early bird rates end on August 22. The deadline for payment and completed registration forms is September 9. For more information, contact Special Events Coordinator Nancy Gates via email at Nancy.Gates@nyack.edu or phone 845.675.4431.
- OCT 20-21: Movement Day New York City
- OCT 21: Saxophonist Jacob Nevill (NC '08) in Grace Church Concert
- OCT 23: Nyack College School of Music Performance at Steinway Hall
- OCT 26: Behind the Project with Isaiah Velez
- Fall Faculty Reading Features Dr. Charles Beach
- FOUNDER'S DAY CHAPEL: C&MA Canada President David Hearn
- Ron Blue Institute Center Comes to Nyack College
- WNYK Re-airs Segments of "Perspectives on Personal Living"
- Nyack Warrior Athletics and Nyack Health Services Host "Pink Out" Events
- Praise Report from Puerto Rico
- Nyack Music Professor Damien Sneed on Stage at Carnegie Hall
- Dr. Lawrence Schiffman, Dead Sea Scrolls Scholar Visits Nyack New York City
- Fashion as WordArt Hosted by Nyack's Rockland Writing Center
- Cultivate Coffee Opens on Campus
- Who's Returning to the Hillside for Homecoming?
- Listening Party for Isaiah Velez
- Borderline Music Fest Features Nyack Alumnus "Skerrit Bwoy"
- SEPT 29: ATS Celebrating National Hispanic Heritage Month
- Update on Nyack's Seminary Branch in Puerto Rico
- September Alumni Spotlight on WNYK: Pastor Greg Haueter
- What Nyack Warriors Are Doing to Fight For Survivors of Recent Natural Disasters
- Nyack's Women's Soccer Team Fundraises for Pediatric Cancer Programs
- WNYK Interviews Borderline Music Performer, Dave Pettigrew
- Nyack Night at the Borderline Music Festival
- SEPT 21: The Write Down Features Fine Print Contributors
- Browse Blog Archive>>