Nyack Counseling Professor and Students to be Published
Dr. Lisa Steiner, Nyack College’s director of online mental health counseling, announced that she and four Alliance Graduate School of Counseling (AGSC) students were notified that their work based on research will be published in The Journal of Religion and Health.
Last summer, four AGSC students and Dr. Steiner wrote a 35-page scholarly article based on research conducted in an AGSC research class. This study entitled "Spiritual Factors Predict State and Trait Anxiety" was designed to examine the effect of spiritual well-being and spirituality on state and trait anxiety. Two-hundred and thirty-eight adults in the United States were surveyed using the State Trait Anxiety Inventory, Duke University Religion Index, Spiritual Well-Being Scale, and a participant questionnaire.
Dr. Steiner proudly comments on each one. The co-authors are pictured are (l-r) standing: Melanie Molloy, Dr. Lisa Steiner, Sabrina Durand, Sarah Zaske; seated: Rosana Arteta.
“Sarah was my first co-author on this article. Her final paper for the research course contributed a solid starting point for this article. She is a spectacular writer. She graduated from AGSC in May 2016.”
“This is the second time that Sabrina is being published with me in an APA journal as a graduate student. What a major accomplishment, especially for someone who did not know a word of English until she moved to the U.S. at 17. Sabrina is the online Master of Arts in Mental Health Counseling academic program coordinator. Sabrina is finishing up her last year as an AGSC student. She, two other students, and I were published last year in the prestigious Journal of Divorce and Remarriage based on a study we conducted on divorce adjustment in men.
“Melanie was a first semester AGSC student when we conducted this study who had not been in college for approximately two decades. Yet, she quickly dusted off her writing skills and passionately jumped into writing this article with us.”
“Rosana is an amazing student, balancing graduate school, being the mom of seven children, and pressing through physical challenges. Her writing skills are sharp and deep. She is now on the finish line at AGSC, working on her internship hours.”'
Congratulations to all for the contribution being made to scholarly research by Nyack students supported by intentionally engaged faculty!
- FEB 25: Nyack Student Leaders at Christian Cultural Center's C3 Youth Ministry
- FEB 27: Dr. Anita Underwood, a WMCA Networking Breakfast Panelist
- FEB 28: Deadline for Endowed Scholarship Applications
- FEB 28 Seminary Chapel Concludes Black History Month With Pastor Donna Baptiste
- FEB 24: Prof. Shelley Jameson and School of Music Alumnae in Concert
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Althea Session-Lovett
- Nyack Alumna Tiffany Burnett ('05), a Boca Raton, FL Entrepreneur
- Spring Edition of The Forum Published
- OFFICIAL STATEMENT: Remembering God's General, Dr. Billy Graham
- Online Christian Colleges Ranks Nyack College
- Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- Shaun Jacobs-Patterson ('12) Named Senior Pastor at Trenton, NJ Church
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Isaac Foster
- Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Nyack New York City School of Music Student on "Harry" TV Show
- Screening of Documentary, "13th"
- Katalina Padilla: Being the Change
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Dr. Cleotha Robertson
- Feb 15: Screening of "13th" on Nyack Rockland Campus
- School of Education Dean Updates Program Accreditations
- Browse Blog Archive>>