Nyack College Among Top 50 Most Diverse U.S. Campuses
Nyack College was recently named one of the nation's top 50 most ethnically diverse colleges by The Best Colleges.org.
How diverse are we?
31% African American
Students' country of origin: More than 60
Student population by age range:
34% are <22
22% are 23-29
17% are 30-39
27% are 40 or older
Christian denominations: More than 80
Intentional diversity is one of Nyack’s core values. During his April 27, 2007 inauguration speech, President Michael G. Scales addressed diversity with the following words:
Why is being intentionally diverse so important to us at Nyack? We are gratified to know that we are a leader in diversity in higher education. We take this role seriously, but this is not the primary reason diversity is so important to us.
Being intentionally diverse is important to us because some challenges in our world can only be met when people, who would not otherwise come together, rally for the cause.
Our challenge… our cause is for our graduates to build the kingdom of God in every neighborhood, every profession, every socio-economic strata… “every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation.” (Revelation 5:9). We cannot allow our differences to divide us. We are to be a microcosm of the world and the Kingdom of Heaven. No person is more important than another. Every person is owed ultimate dignity and respect.
If Nyack is to be truly academically excellent and globally engaged—now more than ever—we must be intentionally diverse.
- School of Ed Professors Recognized by American Educational Research Association
- June 25 Memorial Service for Robin Luce
- Division of Student Success Dean Hosts STEM Event for Rockland Youth
- Remembering Manuel Ocana: A Strong, Gentle Leader
- Nyack College Partners With Long Island School on NYS Presidential Scholarship
- Nyack Profs Present at The Great Fish Count
- 2017 Sports Camp for Youth at Nyack College
- Nyack Alumni Sean Pica and Luis Diaz on SiriusXM Broadcast
- Nyack Scholars Symposium Presentation Proposal Deadline
- Rockland Leaders Gather to Show Appreciation for Community Relations Director Earl Miller
- Remembering Robin Luce
- Nyack at its Best...Serving Others
- Nyack Artists Featured in East Village Multimedia Showcase
- Pastor Charles Galbreath Special Guest on Donna Baptiste Ministries Radio Broadcast
- School of Music Profs Conduct Three-Day Vocal/Opera Institute
- Nyack Alumnus Dr. Ty Buckman Named Provost at Mary Baldwin University
- 2017 Grads Are Nyack's Inaugural Class of Biology Majors
- Nyack Grads on "Good Morning, America" Segment
- Commitment to Mission Awards to Dean Glenn Koponen and Dean Wanda Velez
- The Legacy of Service at Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary
- Soccer Team Online Fundraiser
- Dr. Ron Walborn at Christian Health Care Center on "Embracing Your Grief"
- NATIONAL NURSES WEEK: Cheryle Phenicie, R.N.
- Celebrating Nyack's School of Nursing Graduates
- Class of 2017....You Did It!
- Browse Blog Archive>>