Nyack College Among Top 50 Most Diverse U.S. Campuses
Nyack College was recently named one of the nation's top 50 most ethnically diverse colleges by The Best Colleges.org.
How diverse are we?
31% African American
Students' country of origin: More than 60
Student population by age range:
34% are <22
22% are 23-29
17% are 30-39
27% are 40 or older
Christian denominations: More than 80
Intentional diversity is one of Nyack’s core values. During his April 27, 2007 inauguration speech, President Michael G. Scales addressed diversity with the following words:
Why is being intentionally diverse so important to us at Nyack? We are gratified to know that we are a leader in diversity in higher education. We take this role seriously, but this is not the primary reason diversity is so important to us.
Being intentionally diverse is important to us because some challenges in our world can only be met when people, who would not otherwise come together, rally for the cause.
Our challenge… our cause is for our graduates to build the kingdom of God in every neighborhood, every profession, every socio-economic strata… “every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation.” (Revelation 5:9). We cannot allow our differences to divide us. We are to be a microcosm of the world and the Kingdom of Heaven. No person is more important than another. Every person is owed ultimate dignity and respect.
If Nyack is to be truly academically excellent and globally engaged—now more than ever—we must be intentionally diverse.
- Student Spotlight: Jill Kim, AGSC Marriage and Family Therapy Major
- MARCH 2: An Authors' Talk Hosted by Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Program
- MARCH 3: Nyack Rockland Associate Dean Wanda Velez, a Hope Gathering Speaker
- Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, C&MA Metro District Women's Retreat Speaker
- WNYK Pays Tribute to Black History Month
- Feb 18: School of Music's Noel Wippler, a Featured Artist in Mid-Atlantic Jazz Festival
- FEB 18: Purpose Performs at Katonah Village Library
- Nyack Students Participate in NY Student Aid Alliance Event
- Recapturing the Art of Writing Love Letters
- Meet Dynamic NY Talent Trinity Rose on WNYK 88.7FM
- Accreditation Renewed for Nyack by the Association of Christian Schools International
- 2017 Alumni & Friends Phonathon Underway
- Yahoo! for Krysten Peek and Her 7-Continent Run
- Nyack Center Announces Winners of the Martin Luther King Oratory Contest
- Rev. Charles Galbreath--Nyack Chapel Speaker
- Deeper Life Series with Dr. Michael and Mrs. Lisa Plunket
- Udo Middelmann, Civic Engagement Speaker at Nyack Rockland and Nyack New York City
- ATS Alumni Among 2017 Pastors' Prayer Summit Leaders
- Dr. Jacqueline Washington Contributes to Research Article in Nature Microbiology
- Celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Nyack Community Remembers NYC Music Student Curtis Crum III
- 13 of Nyack's Fall Athletes Recognized for Their Academic Excellence
- Save the DAte for Nyack's School of Music Concert at David Geffen Hall, Lincoln Center
- Global Service-Learning Director Updates on Nyack/ATS Teams in Israel
- Global Service-Learning Trip in Cuba with Drs. Ron and Wanda Walborn
- Browse Blog Archive>>