Live at Carnegie Hall...Nyack College NYC Chorale!
Members of the Nyack College New York City Chorale performed W.A. Mozart's Requiem, conducted by Grammy Award-winning Maestro and Director of Choral Activities at University of Michigan, Dr. Jerry Blackstone as part of a 245-member Masterworks Festival Chorus at Carnegie Hall on Monday, June 13.
The Nyack College Chorale was one of several ensembles that formed the Masterworks Festival Chorus, which was comprised of elite college and high school music students from our nation. Nyack students who participated were Charles Alvarenga, Gabriel Charles, Katherine Class, Paulino Diaz, Stephanie Fisher, Yessica Lopez, Rosana Mohabir, Lauren Navarro, Stephany Ortiz, Daniel Pineda, Tammy Rodriguez, Yazmin Rosado, Justin Tokke, Tessa Tokke, Nicole Vega, and Noël Wippler.
Dr. Elizabeth Swanson, conductor of Nyack’s NYC Chorale, held several weeks of rehearsals with Chorale members in preparation for the rehearsals with Dr. Blackstone. During the weekend prior to the performance, more than ten hours of intensive rehearsals took place with Dr. Blackstone and the plenary chorus at the New York Hilton Hotel in Midtown.
The sold out concert, produced by Manhattan Concert Productions (mcp.us), received an enthusiastic standing ovation.
- ATS Alumni Among 2017 Pastors' Prayer Summit Leaders
- Udo Middelmann: Civic Engagement Speaker at Nyack Rockland and Nyack New York City
- Nyack College Scholarships for Winners of Feb 4 MLK Oratory Contest
- Dr. Jacqueline Washington Contributes to Research Article in Nature Microbiology
- Celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Nyack Community Remembers NYC Music Student Curtis Crum III
- 13 of Nyack's Fall Athletes Recognized for Their Academic Excellence
- Nyack's School of Music Headlines Concert at David Geffen Hall, Lincoln Center
- Global Service-Learning Director Updates on Nyack/ATS Teams in Israel
- Global Service-Learning Trip in Cuba with Drs. Ron and Wanda Walborn
- Winterim: ATS in Israel with Dr. Bryan Widbin
- Globetrotting--the Nyack Way
- Soo-il Lee Recognized by Korean American Behavioral Health Association
- In Memoriam [Ring out, wild bells] by Lord Alfred Tennyson
- What You Can Discover at Nyack
- Steve Gardner (NC '87; ATS '94) Making Snowflakes
- Marcus Jugenheimer: A Major in God's Army
- The Gift of Mentoring at Nyack for Sneha Chrispal
- The Nyack Story: More Than Numbers by Provost David Turk
- Dr. Gerard Becker Co-authors Award Winning Paper
- Staff Highlight: Mr. Dan Bailey, Director of Admissions, Rockland Campus
- A Love Gift at Home for the Holidays
- West Side Story Off-Broadway...A Successful Eight-Show Run
- Nyack Rockland School of Music Winter Concert
- West Side Story Wows Audiences
- Browse Blog Archive>>