Daniela Guirola (NC '15) Gives Music Project Proceeds to Guatemalan Non-Profit
Daniela Guirola, 2015 alumna of the Nyack New York City campus shares good news with her alma mater. She and fellow Guatemalan, Javier Samayoa, completed a recording project and video, Manquito (“little mango”) earlier this year. After the release, the duo headlined a special album release concert at the well-known venue Trova Jazz in Guatemala. Daniela explains that the recording, “focuses on exploring new sounds through various genres, bringing fresh music with bright lyrics and a positive, truthful message.”
Both left their homes in Guatemala at different times, but providentially their paths crossed in New York City. Javier studied music at Berklee College of Music in Boston and after graduation relocated with his band, Numasbala, to New York. Daniela came to Manhattan from Guatemala to study music at Nyack College. Their shared affinity for music and their love for God helped birth dynamic musical collaborations.
Using most online platforms to distribute their music (iTunes, Spotify, Deezer, Amazon play, and more), 50% of all income made through album sales will be donated to the non-profit organization, TECHO, in Santiago, Chile that fights extreme poverty in Latin America.
The two have been interviewed on several radio stations including Guatemala's Radio Romantica, FM 105.3 and on the popular talk show with host, Tuti Furlan.
Daniela and Javier are intentional about producing music “that will give people a reason to smile!”
Continued success to Daniela and Javier!
- Negocios Now "40 under 40" List Showcases Nyack Alumna Kathia Benitez
- March 15-17: Latino Pastoral Action Center Hosts 2018 Legacy Conference
- Music Faculty and Students Perform With Opera Star in Kansas City, MO
- Schedule Your Nyack College Visit
- MARCH 15: Writing Center's March Event: The Book of Elyon with Emmanuel Jean-Pierre
- MARCH 21: Bach's 333rd Birthday Bash!
- Metro District Women's Spring Retreat Registration In Progress
- Seminary Chapel Concludes Black History Month With Pastor Donna Baptiste
- Dr. Anita Underwood, a Panelist on Christian Radio Network
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: DeLissa Dixon
- Nyack Student Leaders at Christian Cultural Center's C3 Youth Ministry
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Althea Session-Lovett
- Nyack Alumna Tiffany Burnett ('05), a Boca Raton, FL Entrepreneur
- Spring Edition of The Forum Published
- OFFICIAL STATEMENT: Remembering God's General, Dr. Billy Graham
- Online Christian Colleges Ranks Nyack College
- Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- Shaun Jacobs-Patterson ('12) Named Senior Pastor at Trenton, NJ Church
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Isaac Foster
- Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Browse Blog Archive>>