Daniela Guirola (NC '15) Gives Music Project Proceeds to Guatemalan Non-Profit
Daniela Guirola, 2015 alumna of the Nyack New York City campus shares good news with her alma mater. She and fellow Guatemalan, Javier Samayoa, completed a recording project and video, Manquito (“little mango”) earlier this year. After the release, the duo headlined a special album release concert at the well-known venue Trova Jazz in Guatemala. Daniela explains that the recording, “focuses on exploring new sounds through various genres, bringing fresh music with bright lyrics and a positive, truthful message.”
Both left their homes in Guatemala at different times, but providentially their paths crossed in New York City. Javier studied music at Berklee College of Music in Boston and after graduation relocated with his band, Numasbala, to New York. Daniela came to Manhattan from Guatemala to study music at Nyack College. Their shared affinity for music and their love for God helped birth dynamic musical collaborations.
Using most online platforms to distribute their music (iTunes, Spotify, Deezer, Amazon play, and more), 50% of all income made through album sales will be donated to the non-profit organization, TECHO, in Santiago, Chile that fights extreme poverty in Latin America.
The two have been interviewed on several radio stations including Guatemala's Radio Romantica, FM 105.3 and on the popular talk show with host, Tuti Furlan.
Daniela and Javier are intentional about producing music “that will give people a reason to smile!”
Continued success to Daniela and Javier!
- MARCH 25: Dr. Guy Waters - Plenary Speaker for Evangelical Theological Society Conference
- Nyack's Spring Production: The Importance of Being Earnest
- Nyack Alumna, Kathia Benitez Is Director of sustainNU program at Northwestern University
- Alliance Graduate School of Counseling Reunion at NYC Campus
- Bach's 332nd Birthday Bash
- Nyack College Opera Workshop Presents Verdi's "La Traviata"
- The Gates Way to Medieval Times
- March 18: Hudson River Pianofest 2017 at Nyack College
- President Michael G. Scales to Begin New Term on CICU Board
- Udo Middelmann Returns to Nyack College for Colloquium on Civic Engagement
- Nyack School of Music Students on Harry Connick Jr. Show
- What Is Love? Nyack Rockland Artists Answer the Question
- American Red Cross Blood Drive at Nyack College
- Founder/CEO Evelyn Bautista-Miller Is CSGE Colloquium Speaker
- ATS Missions Retreat at Mount Crescent House
- Nyack College and Local Entrepreneurs to Compete for Over $22,000 in Prizes
- Academic Year 2017-2018 Applications Being Accepted for Student Leaders
- Nyack Rockland Associate Dean Wanda Velez, a Hope Gathering Speaker
- MARCH 2: An Authors' Talk Hosted by Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Program
- Fifth Anniversary Celebration & Silent Auction to Benefit Empower Program
- Student Spotlight: Jill Kim, AGSC Marriage and Family Therapy Major
- Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, C&MA Metro District Women's Retreat Speaker
- WNYK Pays Tribute to Black History Month
- Feb 18: School of Music's Noel Wippler, a Featured Artist in Mid-Atlantic Jazz Festival
- Browse Blog Archive>>