Daniela Guirola (NC '15) Gives Music Project Proceeds to Guatemalan Non-Profit
Daniela Guirola, 2015 alumna of the Nyack New York City campus shares good news with her alma mater. She and fellow Guatemalan, Javier Samayoa, completed a recording project and video, Manquito (“little mango”) earlier this year. After the release, the duo headlined a special album release concert at the well-known venue Trova Jazz in Guatemala. Daniela explains that the recording, “focuses on exploring new sounds through various genres, bringing fresh music with bright lyrics and a positive, truthful message.”
Both left their homes in Guatemala at different times, but providentially their paths crossed in New York City. Javier studied music at Berklee College of Music in Boston and after graduation relocated with his band, Numasbala, to New York. Daniela came to Manhattan from Guatemala to study music at Nyack College. Their shared affinity for music and their love for God helped birth dynamic musical collaborations.
Using most online platforms to distribute their music (iTunes, Spotify, Deezer, Amazon play, and more), 50% of all income made through album sales will be donated to the non-profit organization, TECHO, in Santiago, Chile that fights extreme poverty in Latin America.
The two have been interviewed on several radio stations including Guatemala's Radio Romantica, FM 105.3 and on the popular talk show with host, Tuti Furlan.
Daniela and Javier are intentional about producing music “that will give people a reason to smile!”
Continued success to Daniela and Javier!
- Every Day A Gift Concert: Music Prof and Transplant Recipient, Sungrai Sohn
- Holly Nichols: Keeping the Nyack Founder's Vision Alive
- Nyack President, Professors and Staff Are CCCU Diversity Conference Presenters
- Nyack Among Alliance Colleges Featured in Special Fall ALife
- A Prayer Walk From NYC to Chicago With ATS Alumnus Al Taylor
- Nyack Team at Sixth Annual Interfaith and Community Service Campus Challenge
- DEEPER LIFE SERIES: With Jon Tyson
- Seven Years Strong: Nyack's Rites of Passage Initiation Ceremony
- Nyack College Among Top Ethnically Diverse Regional Schools in the U.S.
- Chelsea Geyer (NC '12) Golf Classic Luncheon Speaker
- 15 Years Later...We Still Remember
- Go Fish...Again!
- Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary to Be Highlighted on "Pursuing God" Broadcast
- Register for the Nyack Leadership Speaker Series Lecture With Peter Irvine
- CCCU 2016 Diversity Conference at Nyack NYC
- Alumni Jazz Musicians RSVP ASAP For This Homecoming Gig
- Amanda Halter, A Lady Warrior in Germany
- Jose Heredia (NC '09) at the Rose Nagelberg Theatre in Manhattan
- Carol Ann Freeman and Bonita D'Amil...Hearts for Hungary
- Gabrielle Do Goes Global With Her Spoken Word Artistry
- Nyack College Golf Classic Returns to Historic Saint Andrew's
- Go Fish! or The Adventures of Dr. Peter Park
- ATS Dean Announces New Role: ATS Director, Dr. Louis DeCaro, Jr.
- Nyack's Historic Excavation: Something to Write Home About
- Nyack Counseling Professor and Students to be Published
- Browse Blog Archive>>