Nyack Represented at Education Financing Forum
Access to an education that is academically excellent, globally engaged, intentionally diverse, personally transforming, and socially relevant is what Nyack College offers its students, more than 95% of whom receive some form of financial aid. A part of being good stewards in our ministry to the men and women who choose Nyack is staying current with the many facets of their college experience. Financial services is a vital part of the equation for students pursuing a degree program.
Recently Steve Phillips (above), Nyack’s Director of Student Financial Services was among a select group of administrators invited to attend a college finance forum at New York University (NYU) hosted by the National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators (NASFAA) and the New York Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators (NYSFAAA)
Presenters at the forum included Executive Director of the College Promise Campaign and former U.S. Under Secretary for Education, Martha J, Kanter, who is a Senior Fellow of the Steinhardt Policy Institute for Higher Education at NYU.
An agenda rich with crucial information featured topics such as “Trends and Predictions in the Student Loan Market,” “Exploring the Intersection of Tuition and Federal Student Aid,” “Policy Perspectives: Reducing Student Indebtedness,” and “Institutional Role in Aiding Responsible Borrowing.”
Says Phillips, “It was an honor to represent Nyack at this forum on student loan debt. We recognize that college is expensive and we want to continue to do everything possible to help our students and their families reduce their debt burden. It was great to be part of an event like this with other like-minded people seeking to collaborate on how to best help our students."
Read more about this important forum here.
- West Side Story Wows Audiences
- Telling the Nyack Story
- Graduation for Fishkill Cohort 905
- Dr. Elaine Chao, Nyack Honorary Degree Recipient, Named to President-elect Trump's Cabinet
- Isa Agape at Nyack College Rockland
- Good Reads in Forum Issue #2
- WNYK Airs Interviews With West Side Story Cast and Crew
- Accreditation for MA in Marriage and Family Therapy at Alliance Graduate School of Counseling
- Thinking of You With a Grateful Heart...
- Preparing for Christmas and Giving Thanks
- Wall Street Journal College Rankings List Puts Nyack Among Top 20 in the U.S. for Campus Environment
- A West Side Story Who's Who
- Nyack Alumna and Author Linda Graf Shares Message on Bitterness
- Final Colloquium in Fall Series Features Film "Inside Man"
- Dr. David Ireland, Nyack Rockland Chapel Speaker
- Nyack Student Stephanie Fisher, a Guest Conductor at Kathleen Battle Event
- School of Music Students Share Joy at Market Street Mission
- Sean Pica of Hudson Link Visits Nyack Students on Rockland Campus
- Career Talk With New York State Trooper at Nyack Rockland
- Nyack Students Among Top Three Presenters at Biology Conference
- Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement Hosts Nyack Scholars Symposium
- Thank You for Voting for Josh and Jackie Blanchard!
- The New Forum--The Voice of Nyack College Students
- Faculty Recital: Dr. Tammy Lum, pianist
- HYMNFEST - An Evening of Timeless Praise
- Browse Blog Archive>>