Nyack Represented at Education Financing Forum
Access to an education that is academically excellent, globally engaged, intentionally diverse, personally transforming, and socially relevant is what Nyack College offers its students, more than 95% of whom receive some form of financial aid. A part of being good stewards in our ministry to the men and women who choose Nyack is staying current with the many facets of their college experience. Financial services is a vital part of the equation for students pursuing a degree program.
Recently Steve Phillips (above), Nyack’s Director of Student Financial Services was among a select group of administrators invited to attend a college finance forum at New York University (NYU) hosted by the National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators (NASFAA) and the New York Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators (NYSFAAA)
Presenters at the forum included Executive Director of the College Promise Campaign and former U.S. Under Secretary for Education, Martha J, Kanter, who is a Senior Fellow of the Steinhardt Policy Institute for Higher Education at NYU.
An agenda rich with crucial information featured topics such as “Trends and Predictions in the Student Loan Market,” “Exploring the Intersection of Tuition and Federal Student Aid,” “Policy Perspectives: Reducing Student Indebtedness,” and “Institutional Role in Aiding Responsible Borrowing.”
Says Phillips, “It was an honor to represent Nyack at this forum on student loan debt. We recognize that college is expensive and we want to continue to do everything possible to help our students and their families reduce their debt burden. It was great to be part of an event like this with other like-minded people seeking to collaborate on how to best help our students."
Read more about this important forum here.
- What Nyack Warriors Are Doing to Fight For Survivors of Recent Natural Disasters
- Nyack's Women's Soccer Team Fundraises for Pediatric Cancer Programs
- WNYK Interviews Borderline Music Performer, Dave Pettigrew
- Nyack Night at the Borderline Music Festival
- SEPT 21: The Write Down Features Fine Print Contributors
- Request for Prayer: Hurricane Maria Approaches Puerto Rico
- EMPOWER: Sixth Annual C&MA Certificate Program for Women Kicks Off
- Nyack College "Woman" Students Celebrated at Initiation Ceremony
- SEPT: 18-20 Stephen Fowler, Deeper Life Series Speaker
- SEPT 18: Interview of Building 429's Jason Roy to Re-air on WNYK 88FM
- Fall 2017 Colloquium Series Hosted by Nyack's Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement
- Nyack College on U.S. News & World Report 2018 #BestColleges List
- SEPT 28: Biblical Archaeology Society and Nyack's Center for The Study of Ancient Judaism & Christian Origins NYC Event
- Free Coney Island Concert Nyack's Damien Sneed with Gospel Great, Shirley Caesar
- Nyack Rockland Dean's Personal 9/11 Reflection
- ATS Dean in Vietnam to Teach First Seminary Graduate Level Course
- UPDATE: ATS/Nyack Campus in Puerto Rico
- Diversity Matters: Race, Ethnicity, & The Future of Christian Higher Education
- Listening Party for ISAIAH VELEZ
- Jesus Week Appreciation Banquet, Sept. 7 @6:30 PM
- Youth Pastors Fellowship at Nyack College NYC
- Dan Bailey Named to the CACC Hall of Fame
- An NCLEX-RN Exam Victory for Class of 2017 Alumnae
- Nyack College - A Borderline Music Festival Sponsor
- Andrew Iwaskow, Nyack Alumnus Named Executive VP at Tailored Brands, Inc.
- Browse Blog Archive>>