Nyack Represented at Education Financing Forum
Access to an education that is academically excellent, globally engaged, intentionally diverse, personally transforming, and socially relevant is what Nyack College offers its students, more than 95% of whom receive some form of financial aid. A part of being good stewards in our ministry to the men and women who choose Nyack is staying current with the many facets of their college experience. Financial services is a vital part of the equation for students pursuing a degree program.
Recently Steve Phillips (above), Nyack’s Director of Student Financial Services was among a select group of administrators invited to attend a college finance forum at New York University (NYU) hosted by the National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators (NASFAA) and the New York Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators (NYSFAAA)
Presenters at the forum included Executive Director of the College Promise Campaign and former U.S. Under Secretary for Education, Martha J, Kanter, who is a Senior Fellow of the Steinhardt Policy Institute for Higher Education at NYU.
An agenda rich with crucial information featured topics such as “Trends and Predictions in the Student Loan Market,” “Exploring the Intersection of Tuition and Federal Student Aid,” “Policy Perspectives: Reducing Student Indebtedness,” and “Institutional Role in Aiding Responsible Borrowing.”
Says Phillips, “It was an honor to represent Nyack at this forum on student loan debt. We recognize that college is expensive and we want to continue to do everything possible to help our students and their families reduce their debt burden. It was great to be part of an event like this with other like-minded people seeking to collaborate on how to best help our students."
Read more about this important forum here.
- Academic Year 2017-2018 Applications Being Accepted for Student Leaders
- Student Spotlight: Jill Kim, AGSC Marriage and Family Therapy Major
- MARCH 2: An Authors' Talk Hosted by Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Program
- MARCH 3: Nyack Rockland Associate Dean Wanda Velez, a Hope Gathering Speaker
- Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, C&MA Metro District Women's Retreat Speaker
- WNYK Pays Tribute to Black History Month
- Feb 18: School of Music's Noel Wippler, a Featured Artist in Mid-Atlantic Jazz Festival
- FEB 18: Purpose Performs at Katonah Village Library
- Nyack Students Participate in NY Student Aid Alliance Event
- Recapturing the Art of Writing Love Letters
- Meet Dynamic NY Talent Trinity Rose on WNYK 88.7FM
- Accreditation Renewed for Nyack by the Association of Christian Schools International
- 2017 Alumni & Friends Phonathon Underway
- Yahoo! for Krysten Peek and Her 7-Continent Run
- Nyack Center Announces Winners of the Martin Luther King Oratory Contest
- Rev. Charles Galbreath--Nyack Chapel Speaker
- Deeper Life Series with Dr. Michael and Mrs. Lisa Plunket
- Udo Middelmann, Civic Engagement Speaker at Nyack Rockland and Nyack New York City
- ATS Alumni Among 2017 Pastors' Prayer Summit Leaders
- Dr. Jacqueline Washington Contributes to Research Article in Nature Microbiology
- Celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Nyack Community Remembers NYC Music Student Curtis Crum III
- 13 of Nyack's Fall Athletes Recognized for Their Academic Excellence
- Save the DAte for Nyack's School of Music Concert at David Geffen Hall, Lincoln Center
- Global Service-Learning Director Updates on Nyack/ATS Teams in Israel
- Browse Blog Archive>>