Nyack Represented at Education Financing Forum
Access to an education that is academically excellent, globally engaged, intentionally diverse, personally transforming, and socially relevant is what Nyack College offers its students, more than 95% of whom receive some form of financial aid. A part of being good stewards in our ministry to the men and women who choose Nyack is staying current with the many facets of their college experience. Financial services is a vital part of the equation for students pursuing a degree program.
Recently Steve Phillips (above), Nyack’s Director of Student Financial Services was among a select group of administrators invited to attend a college finance forum at New York University (NYU) hosted by the National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators (NASFAA) and the New York Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators (NYSFAAA)
Presenters at the forum included Executive Director of the College Promise Campaign and former U.S. Under Secretary for Education, Martha J, Kanter, who is a Senior Fellow of the Steinhardt Policy Institute for Higher Education at NYU.
An agenda rich with crucial information featured topics such as “Trends and Predictions in the Student Loan Market,” “Exploring the Intersection of Tuition and Federal Student Aid,” “Policy Perspectives: Reducing Student Indebtedness,” and “Institutional Role in Aiding Responsible Borrowing.”
Says Phillips, “It was an honor to represent Nyack at this forum on student loan debt. We recognize that college is expensive and we want to continue to do everything possible to help our students and their families reduce their debt burden. It was great to be part of an event like this with other like-minded people seeking to collaborate on how to best help our students."
Read more about this important forum here.
- SEPT 23-25: Nyack President, Professors and Staff Are CCCU Diversity Conference Presenters
- Nyack Among Alliance Colleges Featured in Special Fall ALife
- A Prayer Walk From NYC to Chicago With ATS Alumnus Al Taylor
- Nyack Team at Sixth Annual Interfaith and Community Service Campus Challenge
- DEEPER LIFE SERIES: With Jon Tyson
- Seven Years Strong: Nyack's Rites of Passage Initiation Ceremony
- Every Day A Gift Concert: Music Prof and Transplant Recipient, Sungrai Sohn
- Nyack College Among Top Ethnically Diverse Regional Schools in the U.S.
- Chelsea Geyer (NC '12) Golf Classic Luncheon Speaker
- Holly Nichols: Keeping the Nyack Founder's Vision Alive
- 15 Years Later...We Still Remember
- Go Fish...Again!
- Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary to Be Highlighted on "Pursuing God" Broadcast
- Register for the Nyack Leadership Speaker Series Lecture With Peter Irvine
- CCCU 2016 Diversity Conference at Nyack NYC
- Alumni Jazz Musicians RSVP ASAP For This Homecoming Gig
- Amanda Halter, A Lady Warrior in Germany
- Jose Heredia (NC '09) at the Rose Nagelberg Theatre in Manhattan
- Carol Ann Freeman and Bonita D'Amil...Hearts for Hungary
- Gabrielle Do Goes Global With Her Spoken Word Artistry
- Nyack College Golf Classic Returns to Historic Saint Andrew's
- Go Fish! or The Adventures of Dr. Peter Park
- ATS Dean Announces New Role: ATS Director, Dr. Louis DeCaro, Jr.
- Nyack's Historic Excavation: Something to Write Home About
- Nyack Counseling Professor and Students to be Published
- Browse Blog Archive>>