Meet Dr. Peter Park at the World Science Festival's Great Fish Count
Dr. Peter Park, Nyack College professor of biology, sends along this information about a phenomenal free event—the World Science Festival's Great Fish Count—that takes place Saturday, June 4 from 2:00 p.m. until 4:00 p.m. at Bloomer's Beach in Englewood, NJ. Registration is required. Click here for more information.
A co-leader of the event, Dr. Park shares,"The WSF Great Fish Count is one of many free summer fish research events throughout New York City and New Jersey. Please note that this event is not a "rod-and-reel fishing" event; it is a free citizen science research event where all participants can join in the effort to collect aquatic species survey data, primarily using a seine net! Fish research events like this one, which will be our focus in the summer, are a different but important dimension to our Nyack College Fishing Club! Stay tuned to the Fishing Club Facebook page for updates on future events!"
Check out the Fishing Club blog here.
- OCT 24-26: Office of Spiritual Formation Hosts Prayer Summit with Dave Powers
- OCT 26: Fall Colloquium at Nyack Rockland on Civic Engagement
- NOV 2-3: Eighth Annual Nyack Scholars Symposium
- Education Conference at Alliance Theological Seminary with Dr. Eric Mazur
- Barb Shiffer: Well Done, Good and Faithful Servant!
- Get Tickets for Nyack's Production of West Side Story!
- Cast Your Vote for Josh and Jaclyn Blanchard!
- Remembering Tryphena Ramcharitar
- Every Day A Gift Concert, Music Prof and Transplant Recipient, Sungrai Sohn
- Service of Remembrance for Social Work Major Utopia Campbell
- ATS Alumna Karen Goff is VP at Agnes Scott College
- Alumna Rynae Rasley Joins U.S. Air Force Academy Coaching Staff
- Qian Ye, Nyack Alumna Featured in Global Mural Conference
- Celebrating the Service of a Pioneer: Drusila Nieves
- Listen Up! Nyack's WNYK 88.7FM
- 2016 CCCU Diversity Conference
- Coming to Nyack: A Science & Technology Entry Program (STEP) for Youth
- Holly Nichols: Keeping the Nyack Founder's Vision Alive
- Nyack President, Professors and Staff Are CCCU Diversity Conference Presenters
- Nyack Among Alliance Colleges Featured in Special Fall ALife
- A Prayer Walk From NYC to Chicago With ATS Alumnus Al Taylor
- Nyack Team at Sixth Annual Interfaith and Community Service Campus Challenge
- DEEPER LIFE SERIES: With Jon Tyson
- Seven Years Strong: Nyack's Rites of Passage Initiation Ceremony
- Nyack College Among Top Ethnically Diverse Regional Schools in the U.S.
- Browse Blog Archive>>