Meet Dr. Peter Park at the World Science Festival's Great Fish Count
Dr. Peter Park, Nyack College professor of biology, sends along this information about a phenomenal free event—the World Science Festival's Great Fish Count—that takes place Saturday, June 4 from 2:00 p.m. until 4:00 p.m. at Bloomer's Beach in Englewood, NJ. Registration is required. Click here for more information.
A co-leader of the event, Dr. Park shares,"The WSF Great Fish Count is one of many free summer fish research events throughout New York City and New Jersey. Please note that this event is not a "rod-and-reel fishing" event; it is a free citizen science research event where all participants can join in the effort to collect aquatic species survey data, primarily using a seine net! Fish research events like this one, which will be our focus in the summer, are a different but important dimension to our Nyack College Fishing Club! Stay tuned to the Fishing Club Facebook page for updates on future events!"
Check out the Fishing Club blog here.
- Negocios Now "40 under 40" List Showcases Nyack Alumna Kathia Benitez
- March 15-17: Latino Pastoral Action Center Hosts 2018 Legacy Conference
- Music Faculty and Students Perform With Opera Star in Kansas City, MO
- Schedule Your Nyack College Visit
- MARCH 15: Writing Center's March Event: The Book of Elyon with Emmanuel Jean-Pierre
- MARCH 21: Bach's 333rd Birthday Bash!
- Metro District Women's Spring Retreat Registration In Progress
- Seminary Chapel Concludes Black History Month With Pastor Donna Baptiste
- Dr. Anita Underwood, a Panelist on Christian Radio Network
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: DeLissa Dixon
- Nyack Student Leaders at Christian Cultural Center's C3 Youth Ministry
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Althea Session-Lovett
- Nyack Alumna Tiffany Burnett ('05), a Boca Raton, FL Entrepreneur
- Spring Edition of The Forum Published
- OFFICIAL STATEMENT: Remembering God's General, Dr. Billy Graham
- Online Christian Colleges Ranks Nyack College
- Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- Shaun Jacobs-Patterson ('12) Named Senior Pastor at Trenton, NJ Church
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Isaac Foster
- Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Browse Blog Archive>>