Meet Dr. Peter Park at the World Science Festival's Great Fish Count
Dr. Peter Park, Nyack College professor of biology, sends along this information about a phenomenal free event—the World Science Festival's Great Fish Count—that takes place Saturday, June 4 from 2:00 p.m. until 4:00 p.m. at Bloomer's Beach in Englewood, NJ. Registration is required. Click here for more information.
A co-leader of the event, Dr. Park shares,"The WSF Great Fish Count is one of many free summer fish research events throughout New York City and New Jersey. Please note that this event is not a "rod-and-reel fishing" event; it is a free citizen science research event where all participants can join in the effort to collect aquatic species survey data, primarily using a seine net! Fish research events like this one, which will be our focus in the summer, are a different but important dimension to our Nyack College Fishing Club! Stay tuned to the Fishing Club Facebook page for updates on future events!"
Check out the Fishing Club blog here.
- SEPT 28: Nyack's WNYK 88.7FM Launch Party
- Every Day A Gift Concert: Music Prof and Transplant Recipient, Sungrai Sohn
- Holly Nichols: Keeping the Nyack Founder's Vision Alive
- Nyack President, Professors and Staff Are CCCU Diversity Conference Presenters
- Nyack Among Alliance Colleges Featured in Special Fall ALife
- A Prayer Walk From NYC to Chicago With ATS Alumnus Al Taylor
- Nyack Team at Sixth Annual Interfaith and Community Service Campus Challenge
- DEEPER LIFE SERIES: With Jon Tyson
- Seven Years Strong: Nyack's Rites of Passage Initiation Ceremony
- Nyack College Among Top Ethnically Diverse Regional Schools in the U.S.
- Chelsea Geyer (NC '12) Golf Classic Luncheon Speaker
- 15 Years Later...We Still Remember
- Go Fish...Again!
- Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary to Be Highlighted on "Pursuing God" Broadcast
- Register for the Nyack Leadership Speaker Series Lecture With Peter Irvine
- CCCU 2016 Diversity Conference at Nyack NYC
- Alumni Jazz Musicians RSVP ASAP For This Homecoming Gig
- Amanda Halter, A Lady Warrior in Germany
- Jose Heredia (NC '09) at the Rose Nagelberg Theatre in Manhattan
- Carol Ann Freeman and Bonita D'Amil...Hearts for Hungary
- Gabrielle Do Goes Global With Her Spoken Word Artistry
- Nyack College Golf Classic Returns to Historic Saint Andrew's
- Go Fish! or The Adventures of Dr. Peter Park
- ATS Dean Announces New Role: ATS Director, Dr. Louis DeCaro, Jr.
- Nyack's Historic Excavation: Something to Write Home About
- Browse Blog Archive>>