Meet Dr. Peter Park at the World Science Festival's Great Fish Count
Dr. Peter Park, Nyack College professor of biology, sends along this information about a phenomenal free event—the World Science Festival's Great Fish Count—that takes place Saturday, June 4 from 2:00 p.m. until 4:00 p.m. at Bloomer's Beach in Englewood, NJ. Registration is required. Click here for more information.
A co-leader of the event, Dr. Park shares,"The WSF Great Fish Count is one of many free summer fish research events throughout New York City and New Jersey. Please note that this event is not a "rod-and-reel fishing" event; it is a free citizen science research event where all participants can join in the effort to collect aquatic species survey data, primarily using a seine net! Fish research events like this one, which will be our focus in the summer, are a different but important dimension to our Nyack College Fishing Club! Stay tuned to the Fishing Club Facebook page for updates on future events!"
Check out the Fishing Club blog here.
- C&MA Metro District Sponsors MORE: One-Day Retreat for Women
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Team Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Remembering the Warrior Who Dreamed: Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Oral History Project in Nyack, NY features Alumnus Earl Miller
- New Student Orientation at Nyack NYC
- A Bible Translation's Impact on the View of Women in God's Story
- #nyackglobal, Where in the World Are You?
- Just One Grape: A 2017 P.S.
- The New Has Come!
- National Geographic Article on Nyack's Archaeological Dig Team Makes 2017 Editor's Favorites List
- Alliance Theological Seminary Dean Visits Extension Site in Puerto Rico
- Holiday Sales With a Social Purpose
- The Forum...Bringing Holiday Cheer
- WNYK 88.7FM December Alumni Spotlight: Caitlin Kerr
- An "In the Heights" Postscript
- A Year of Jubilee for the School of Education
- Dr. Louis DeCaro Awarded John Brown Society Silver Medal
- THE CAUSE: Supporting Educators in Urban Schools
- Nyack Students and Faculty in Christmas Music at the Mall
- Writing Center's "Grand Slam" Postponed Until Spring Semester
- A Christmas Tradition: The Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Four Women Volleyball Players on All-Academic Team
- CCCU Leadership Institute Member Rahn Franklin Visits Nyack
- Carol & Candlelight Tour Marks 69th Year
- WNYK Interviews Cast Members of "In the Heights"
- Browse Blog Archive>>