Meet Dr. Peter Park at the World Science Festival's Great Fish Count
Dr. Peter Park, Nyack College professor of biology, sends along this information about a phenomenal free event—the World Science Festival's Great Fish Count—that takes place Saturday, June 4 from 2:00 p.m. until 4:00 p.m. at Bloomer's Beach in Englewood, NJ. Registration is required. Click here for more information.
A co-leader of the event, Dr. Park shares,"The WSF Great Fish Count is one of many free summer fish research events throughout New York City and New Jersey. Please note that this event is not a "rod-and-reel fishing" event; it is a free citizen science research event where all participants can join in the effort to collect aquatic species survey data, primarily using a seine net! Fish research events like this one, which will be our focus in the summer, are a different but important dimension to our Nyack College Fishing Club! Stay tuned to the Fishing Club Facebook page for updates on future events!"
Check out the Fishing Club blog here.
- March 29: The Amasi Trio in Concert
- Nyack Alumnus Sean Pica Named to Alliance for Higher Education in Prison Founding Board
- New Edition of The Forum Published
- OPENING MARCH 31: Nyack's Spring Play: The Importance of Being Earnest
- MARCH 31: Nyack College and Local Entrepreneurs to Compete for Over $22,000 in Prizes
- Nyack College Opera Workshop Presents Verdi's "La Traviata"
- MARCH 25: Dr. Guy Waters - Plenary Speaker for Evangelical Theological Society Conference
- Nyack Alumna, Kathia Benitez Is Director of sustainNU program at Northwestern University
- Alliance Graduate School of Counseling Reunion at NYC Campus
- Bach's 332nd Birthday Bash
- The Gates Way to Medieval Times
- March 18: Hudson River Pianofest 2017 at Nyack College
- President Michael G. Scales to Begin New Term on CICU Board
- Udo Middelmann Returns to Nyack College for Colloquium on Civic Engagement
- Nyack School of Music Students on Harry Connick Jr. Show
- What Is Love? Nyack Rockland Artists Answer the Question
- American Red Cross Blood Drive at Nyack College
- Founder/CEO Evelyn Bautista-Miller Is CSGE Colloquium Speaker
- ATS Missions Retreat at Mount Crescent House
- Academic Year 2017-2018 Applications Being Accepted for Student Leaders
- Nyack Rockland Associate Dean Wanda Velez, a Hope Gathering Speaker
- MARCH 2: An Authors' Talk Hosted by Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Program
- Fifth Anniversary Celebration & Silent Auction to Benefit Empower Program
- Student Spotlight: Jill Kim, AGSC Marriage and Family Therapy Major
- Browse Blog Archive>>