Nyack's 2016 Year-End Faculty/Staff Luncheon and Awards
Nyack College presents the “Commitment to Mission Award” annually at the Year-end Faculty/Staff Luncheon each May. This award is a reflection of the College’s intentionality about acknowledging individuals who have excelled at representing the mission and core values of Nyack College during the academic year.
The Commitment to Mission Award program serves as an encouragement for faculty and staff to develop and demonstrate an exceptional awareness of the five institutional core values of being academically excellent, globally engaged, intentionally diverse, personally transforming, and socially relevant.
During the annual luncheon, the award is presented to one faculty member and one staff member. Recipients of the 2016 awards are Dr. Elaine Eng and Henok Ephraim (pictured above).
About Dr. Elaine Eng
Dr. Eng is an associate professor of mental health at Nyack’s Alliance Graduate School of Counseling. She developed and teaches the course, Counseling for Global Engagement, which covers topics of interest such as cross cultural communication and counseling in other countries and regions. Integrating this content with related experience, she has traveled with students to Kenya, Austria, France, Thailand, Cuba, and Honduras. She has keen clinical skills and wisdom as it pertains to the curriculum. Applying her faith and experience in the practice of medicine, she has authored several books including, No Worries: Spiritual and Mental Health Counseling for Anxiety (2014, 1996), The Transforming Power of Story: How Telling Your Story Brings Hope to Others and Healing to Yourself (2010) and A Christian Approach to Overcoming Disability: A Doctor's Story (2004).
About Henok Ephraim
Henok is a systems engineer in the Information Technology Department for Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary. His thought-provoking questions about potential processes and solutions are evidence of the care he takes with each challenge that comes his way. He is a consummate I.T. researcher. As he serves the Nyack and Manhattan campuses, he does not offer quick fixes, but purposefully educates campus employees as he addresses their challenges. He skillfully negotiates with vendors. Because he considers his role a ministry to the Lord, he carries it out with excellence, dedication, and grace. Professional, knowledgeable, and thorough when dealing with outside agencies and vendors, he shows compassion and will witness to non-Christians through word or deed whenever he is given the opportunity.
The entire campus congratulates these two fine individuals and salutes them for serving with the heart and character of Christ.
Congratulations are also extended to the following employees for being presented with Service Awards.
Twenty-five years: Dr. Martin Sanders, Penny Foland
Twenty years: Keith Davie, James Muckell
Fifteen years: Michele Blanck, Christy Choi, Melverne Coates, Dr. Dion Harrigan, Dr. Susanne Hartl, Dr. Sherry Jarrett, Dr. Marie Kenote, Jenny Lee, Dr. In Hak Moon, Dr. Steven Notley, Dr. Sue Talley, Wanda Velez, and Mick Williams
Ten years: Gregory Beeman, Melanie Caraballo-Soto, Dr. Deanna Kwan, Darlene Loper, and Dr. Scott Reitz
Five years: Heather Butcher, Joshua Dyke, Marielle Franey, Catherine Langholff, Dr. Jang Ki Lim, Dr. Peter Park, Dr. Antoinette Rivera, Dr. Ching-Ching Ruan, Jennifer Scott, Dr. Wenbo Yan, and Dr. Kale Yu.
- School of Ed Professors Recognized by American Educational Research Association
- Memorial Service for Robin Luce
- Division of Student Success Dean Hosts STEM Event for Rockland Youth
- Remembering Manuel Ocana: A Strong, Gentle Leader
- Nyack College Partners With Long Island School on NYS Presidential Scholarship
- Nyack Profs Present at The Great Fish Count
- 2017 Sports Camp for Youth at Nyack College
- Nyack Alumni Sean Pica and Luis Diaz on SiriusXM Broadcast
- Nyack Scholars Symposium Presentation Proposal Deadline
- Rockland Leaders Gather to Show Appreciation for Community Relations Director Earl Miller
- Remembering Robin Luce
- Nyack at its Best...Serving Others
- Nyack Artists Featured in East Village Multimedia Showcase
- Pastor Charles Galbreath Special Guest on Donna Baptiste Ministries Radio Broadcast
- School of Music Profs Conduct Three-Day Vocal/Opera Institute
- Nyack Alumnus Dr. Ty Buckman Named Provost at Mary Baldwin University
- 2017 Grads Are Nyack's Inaugural Class of Biology Majors
- Nyack Grads on "Good Morning, America" Segment
- Commitment to Mission Awards to Dean Glenn Koponen and Dean Wanda Velez
- The Legacy of Service at Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary
- Soccer Team Online Fundraiser
- Dr. Ron Walborn at Christian Health Care Center on "Embracing Your Grief"
- NATIONAL NURSES WEEK: Cheryle Phenicie, R.N.
- Celebrating Nyack's School of Nursing Graduates
- Class of 2017....You Did It!
- Browse Blog Archive>>