The 2016 Celebration of Woman
What does it mean to become a woman?
Nyack College senior female students have discovered the answer to that question for the past six years. The rites of passage program called, Woman, celebrated its sixth “crossing over” ceremony on the Rockland County campus of Nyack College. It was founded by Associate Professor of Bible and Theology, Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah (far left, front row) who leads the group and is assisted by Dean of Students, Mrs. Wanda Velez and Nyack alumna, Ms. Christina Wolfe.
The twelve Nyack students each gave a creative presentation on what becoming a woman means to them. A symbolic gift is presented and a celebration follows the ceremony. This year’s participants were:
The curriculum was based on the Dr. Davis Abdallah's book, The Book of Womanhood, and focused on transforming their relationship with God, self, others, and creation during this transition to womanhood. Beginning in September of 2015, the group met monthly since September and bimonthly with their mentors, who are part of the Nyack College community.
For more information on the program, visit Dr. Davis Abdallah's website here.
- New Edition of The Forum Published
- March 29: The Amasi Trio in Concert
- OPENING MARCH 31: Nyack's Spring Play: The Importance of Being Earnest
- MARCH 31: Nyack College and Local Entrepreneurs to Compete for Over $22,000 in Prizes
- Nyack College Opera Workshop Presents Verdi's "La Traviata"
- MARCH 25: Dr. Guy Waters - Plenary Speaker for Evangelical Theological Society Conference
- Nyack Alumna, Kathia Benitez Is Director of sustainNU program at Northwestern University
- Alliance Graduate School of Counseling Reunion at NYC Campus
- Bach's 332nd Birthday Bash
- The Gates Way to Medieval Times
- March 18: Hudson River Pianofest 2017 at Nyack College
- President Michael G. Scales to Begin New Term on CICU Board
- Udo Middelmann Returns to Nyack College for Colloquium on Civic Engagement
- Nyack School of Music Students on Harry Connick Jr. Show
- What Is Love? Nyack Rockland Artists Answer the Question
- American Red Cross Blood Drive at Nyack College
- Founder/CEO Evelyn Bautista-Miller Is CSGE Colloquium Speaker
- ATS Missions Retreat at Mount Crescent House
- Academic Year 2017-2018 Applications Being Accepted for Student Leaders
- Nyack Rockland Associate Dean Wanda Velez, a Hope Gathering Speaker
- MARCH 2: An Authors' Talk Hosted by Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Program
- Fifth Anniversary Celebration & Silent Auction to Benefit Empower Program
- Student Spotlight: Jill Kim, AGSC Marriage and Family Therapy Major
- Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, C&MA Metro District Women's Retreat Speaker
- Browse Blog Archive>>