The 2016 Celebration of Woman
What does it mean to become a woman?
Nyack College senior female students have discovered the answer to that question for the past six years. The rites of passage program called, Woman, celebrated its sixth “crossing over” ceremony on the Rockland County campus of Nyack College. It was founded by Associate Professor of Bible and Theology, Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah (far left, front row) who leads the group and is assisted by Dean of Students, Mrs. Wanda Velez and Nyack alumna, Ms. Christina Wolfe.
The twelve Nyack students each gave a creative presentation on what becoming a woman means to them. A symbolic gift is presented and a celebration follows the ceremony. This year’s participants were:
The curriculum was based on the Dr. Davis Abdallah's book, The Book of Womanhood, and focused on transforming their relationship with God, self, others, and creation during this transition to womanhood. Beginning in September of 2015, the group met monthly since September and bimonthly with their mentors, who are part of the Nyack College community.
For more information on the program, visit Dr. Davis Abdallah's website here.
- OCT 20-21: Movement Day New York City
- OCT 21: Saxophonist Jacob Nevill (NC '08) in Grace Church Concert
- OCT 23: Nyack College School of Music Performance at Steinway Hall
- OCT 26: Behind the Project with Isaiah Velez
- Fall Faculty Reading Features Dr. Charles Beach
- FOUNDER'S DAY CHAPEL: C&MA Canada President David Hearn
- Ron Blue Institute Center Comes to Nyack College
- WNYK Re-airs Segments of "Perspectives on Personal Living"
- Nyack Warrior Athletics and Nyack Health Services Host "Pink Out" Events
- Praise Report from Puerto Rico
- Nyack Music Professor Damien Sneed on Stage at Carnegie Hall
- Dr. Lawrence Schiffman, Dead Sea Scrolls Scholar Visits Nyack New York City
- Fashion as WordArt Hosted by Nyack's Rockland Writing Center
- Cultivate Coffee Opens on Campus
- Who's Returning to the Hillside for Homecoming?
- Listening Party for Isaiah Velez
- Borderline Music Fest Features Nyack Alumnus "Skerrit Bwoy"
- SEPT 29: ATS Celebrating National Hispanic Heritage Month
- Update on Nyack's Seminary Branch in Puerto Rico
- September Alumni Spotlight on WNYK: Pastor Greg Haueter
- What Nyack Warriors Are Doing to Fight For Survivors of Recent Natural Disasters
- Nyack's Women's Soccer Team Fundraises for Pediatric Cancer Programs
- WNYK Interviews Borderline Music Performer, Dave Pettigrew
- Nyack Night at the Borderline Music Festival
- SEPT 21: The Write Down Features Fine Print Contributors
- Browse Blog Archive>>