The 2016 Celebration of Woman
What does it mean to become a woman?
Nyack College senior female students have discovered the answer to that question for the past six years. The rites of passage program called, Woman, celebrated its sixth “crossing over” ceremony on the Rockland County campus of Nyack College. It was founded by Associate Professor of Bible and Theology, Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah (far left, front row) who leads the group and is assisted by Dean of Students, Mrs. Wanda Velez and Nyack alumna, Ms. Christina Wolfe.
The twelve Nyack students each gave a creative presentation on what becoming a woman means to them. A symbolic gift is presented and a celebration follows the ceremony. This year’s participants were:
The curriculum was based on the Dr. Davis Abdallah's book, The Book of Womanhood, and focused on transforming their relationship with God, self, others, and creation during this transition to womanhood. Beginning in September of 2015, the group met monthly since September and bimonthly with their mentors, who are part of the Nyack College community.
For more information on the program, visit Dr. Davis Abdallah's website here.
- FEB 25: Nyack Student Leaders at Christian Cultural Center's C3 Youth Ministry
- FEB 27: Dr. Anita Underwood, a WMCA Networking Breakfast Panelist
- FEB 28: Deadline for Endowed Scholarship Applications
- FEB 28 Seminary Chapel Concludes Black History Month With Pastor Donna Baptiste
- FEB 24: Prof. Shelley Jameson and School of Music Alumnae in Concert
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Althea Session-Lovett
- Nyack Alumna Tiffany Burnett ('05), a Boca Raton, FL Entrepreneur
- Spring Edition of The Forum Published
- OFFICIAL STATEMENT: Remembering God's General, Dr. Billy Graham
- Online Christian Colleges Ranks Nyack College
- Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- Shaun Jacobs-Patterson ('12) Named Senior Pastor at Trenton, NJ Church
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Isaac Foster
- Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Nyack New York City School of Music Student on "Harry" TV Show
- Screening of Documentary, "13th"
- Katalina Padilla: Being the Change
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Dr. Cleotha Robertson
- Feb 15: Screening of "13th" on Nyack Rockland Campus
- School of Education Dean Updates Program Accreditations
- Browse Blog Archive>>