The 2016 Celebration of Woman
What does it mean to become a woman?
Nyack College senior female students have discovered the answer to that question for the past six years. The rites of passage program called, Woman, celebrated its sixth “crossing over” ceremony on the Rockland County campus of Nyack College. It was founded by Associate Professor of Bible and Theology, Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah (far left, front row) who leads the group and is assisted by Dean of Students, Mrs. Wanda Velez and Nyack alumna, Ms. Christina Wolfe.
The twelve Nyack students each gave a creative presentation on what becoming a woman means to them. A symbolic gift is presented and a celebration follows the ceremony. This year’s participants were:
The curriculum was based on the Dr. Davis Abdallah's book, The Book of Womanhood, and focused on transforming their relationship with God, self, others, and creation during this transition to womanhood. Beginning in September of 2015, the group met monthly since September and bimonthly with their mentors, who are part of the Nyack College community.
For more information on the program, visit Dr. Davis Abdallah's website here.
- Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, "Mutual by Design" Conference Speaker
- Lauren Lebo, Lacrosse Head Coach
- SAVE THE DATES! September 29 & 30: Borderline Music Festival
- El-Araj Excavation Update and Photo Gallery
- RELEASE: Nyack College Opts In to the NYS Enhanced Tuition Award
- From Dr. Steve Notley in Israel: AJCO Dig Discovery!
- AGSC's Marriage & Family Therapy Ranked #4 Among Top 25 Counseling Programs in the Northeast
- Nyack Basketball Alumni Compete at IBall National Pro Combine
- School of Ed Professors Recognized by American Educational Research Association
- Celebrating the Life of ATS Alumna Aliceteen Taylor
- Memorial Service for Robin Luce
- Division of Student Success Dean Hosts STEM Event for Rockland Youth
- Remembering Manuel Ocana: A Strong, Gentle Leader
- Nyack College Partners With Long Island School on NYS Presidential Scholarship
- Nyack Profs Present at The Great Fish Count
- 2017 Sports Camp for Youth at Nyack College
- Nyack Alumni Sean Pica and Luis Diaz on SiriusXM Broadcast
- Nyack Scholars Symposium Presentation Proposal Deadline
- Rockland Leaders Gather to Show Appreciation for Community Relations Director Earl Miller
- Remembering Robin Luce
- Nyack at its Best...Serving Others
- Nyack Artists Featured in East Village Multimedia Showcase
- Pastor Charles Galbreath Special Guest on Donna Baptiste Ministries Radio Broadcast
- School of Music Profs Conduct Three-Day Vocal/Opera Institute
- Nyack Alumnus Dr. Ty Buckman Named Provost at Mary Baldwin University
- Browse Blog Archive>>