West Side Story in Lower Manhattan
Nyack College is proud to present scenes from West Side Story on Friday, April 22 at 7 p.m. at the Nyack Manhattan campus, 2 Washington Street in the Mivoski and Mansfield Music Hall (Room 2241). This presentation commemorates the 400th anniversary of Shakespeare’s death and 420 years since the writing of the classic, Romeo and Juliet, which was the inspiration for the 1961 film, West Side Story.
Students from both Nyack Rockland and Manhattan campuses who are enrolled in Opera Theater Workshop and Acting for Singers courses at Nyack are the performers. Dancing, singing, dialogue, and social drama are included in this staging. Faculty members on both campuses have helped with this production.
Admission is free. Come enjoy Nyack’s home grown talent!
- School of Music Art Series Features Pianist Hui-Mei Lin
- Spiritual Life at Nyack College: Chapel Services
- Nyack/ATS Alumni Celebrate MLK Day in Israel
- C&MA Metro District Sponsors MORE: One-Day Retreat for Women
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Team Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Remembering the Warrior Who Dreamed: Civil Rights Leader, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Oral History Project in Nyack, NY features Alumnus Earl Miller
- New Student Orientation at Nyack NYC
- A Bible Translation's Impact on the View of Women in God's Story
- #nyackglobal, Where in the World Are You?
- Just One Grape: A 2017 P.S.
- The New Has Come!
- National Geographic Article on Nyack's Archaeological Dig Team Makes 2017 Editor's Favorites List
- Alliance Theological Seminary Dean Visits Extension Site in Puerto Rico
- Holiday Sales With a Social Purpose
- The Forum...Bringing Holiday Cheer
- WNYK 88.7FM December Alumni Spotlight: Caitlin Kerr
- An "In the Heights" Postscript
- A Year of Jubilee for the School of Education
- Dr. Louis DeCaro Awarded John Brown Society Silver Medal
- THE CAUSE: Supporting Educators in Urban Schools
- Nyack Students and Faculty in Christmas Music at the Mall
- Writing Center's "Grand Slam" Postponed Until Spring Semester
- A Christmas Tradition: The Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Four Women Volleyball Players on All-Academic Team
- Browse Blog Archive>>