How Was Your Weekend?
...Ask the crew of nearly two dozen Nyack college students, faculty, and staff who enjoyed the beautiful weekend weather by participating in Keep Rockland Beautiful, a partner of the national Great American Clean-up Beautiful initiative.
“In two hours we had twenty-five bags of trash, seventeen bags of recyclables, seven campaign signs, five tires, three traffic cones, two vacuums, and one car bumper on the curb,” says organizer Nancy Gates of Nyack’s College Relations Office.
Keep Rockland Beautiful Director Susan Wilmink shares, “It was wonderful to see so many Nyack College students help out with our Nyack Community Cleanup this year! They worked very hard to visibly improve the neighborhood close to campus -- and keep this debris out of our precious waterways. We look forward to tackling other areas in the future as we all pull together to make this county cleaner and greener.”
Among those who rolled up their sleeves on Upper Depew Avenue in Central Nyack were faculty members, Dr. Peter Park (Biology) and Dr. Jonathan Gates (English/Honors Program). Already committed to participating next year, Dr. Park commented, “It was a joy and privilege to work side-by-side with my students in this community clean-up effort! It was fun, and events like these are such a great experience and life lesson for students (and myself!)."
To learn more about Keep Rockland Beautiful, click here.
- Nyack Athletes in the Kitchen for Community Thanksgiving Dinner
- Carol & Candlelight Tour Marks 69th Year
- WNYK Interviews Cast Members of "In the Heights"
- Nyack College In Top 20 Schools for Environment on 2018 Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education U.S. College Rankings
- Christian Medical & Dental Association NYC Chapter Holds "Care for the Soul" Conference
- RELEASE: Nyack's Campus in Puerto Rico Leads Community Outreach
- WNYK 88.7FM November Alumni Spotlight: Grace Williams ('15)
- Dr. Lyndell O'Hara - Colloquium Speaker
- The Forum, Vol. 2., Issue 2
- Opening Day for National Hispanic Education Summit and Scholars Symposium
- NOV 8-9: Scholars Symposium and National Hispanic Education Summit at Nyack
- Seminario Teológico de Puerto Rico...Firm and Persevering!
- Nyack Warriors Fight Strong for Breast Cancer Awareness
- 2017 Seed to Harvest Seminar Hosted by Donna Baptiste Ministries
- '08 ATS Alumnus and Young Adults Pastor Adds Executive Director Role to Ministry
- Faculty Recital Features Dr. Tammy Lum
- Nyack Dean to Azusa Pacific Director: Coast to Coast Mentoring
- Nyack Warriors Basketball Podcast
- A Nyack College Cast Revives Lin-Manuel Miranda's "In the Heights"
- Puerto Rico Seminary Community Outreach to Families
- NOV 15: WMCA Radio 570AM Networking Breakfast at Nyack New York City Campus
- Behind the Project with Isaiah Velez
- Nyack School of Music Students Perform at Market Street Mission
- Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement Hosts Colloquium Series
- Prayer Summit 2017 With Dave Powers
- Browse Blog Archive>>