How Was Your Weekend?
...Ask the crew of nearly two dozen Nyack college students, faculty, and staff who enjoyed the beautiful weekend weather by participating in Keep Rockland Beautiful, a partner of the national Great American Clean-up Beautiful initiative.
“In two hours we had twenty-five bags of trash, seventeen bags of recyclables, seven campaign signs, five tires, three traffic cones, two vacuums, and one car bumper on the curb,” says organizer Nancy Gates of Nyack’s College Relations Office.
Keep Rockland Beautiful Director Susan Wilmink shares, “It was wonderful to see so many Nyack College students help out with our Nyack Community Cleanup this year! They worked very hard to visibly improve the neighborhood close to campus -- and keep this debris out of our precious waterways. We look forward to tackling other areas in the future as we all pull together to make this county cleaner and greener.”
Among those who rolled up their sleeves on Upper Depew Avenue in Central Nyack were faculty members, Dr. Peter Park (Biology) and Dr. Jonathan Gates (English/Honors Program). Already committed to participating next year, Dr. Park commented, “It was a joy and privilege to work side-by-side with my students in this community clean-up effort! It was fun, and events like these are such a great experience and life lesson for students (and myself!)."
To learn more about Keep Rockland Beautiful, click here.
- ATS Alumni Among 2017 Pastors' Prayer Summit Leaders
- Udo Middelmann: Civic Engagement Speaker at Nyack Rockland and Nyack New York City
- Nyack College Scholarships for Winners of Feb 4 MLK Oratory Contest
- Dr. Jacqueline Washington Contributes to Research Article in Nature Microbiology
- Celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Nyack Community Remembers NYC Music Student Curtis Crum III
- 13 of Nyack's Fall Athletes Recognized for Their Academic Excellence
- Nyack's School of Music Headlines Concert at David Geffen Hall, Lincoln Center
- Global Service-Learning Director Updates on Nyack/ATS Teams in Israel
- Global Service-Learning Trip in Cuba with Drs. Ron and Wanda Walborn
- Winterim: ATS in Israel with Dr. Bryan Widbin
- Globetrotting--the Nyack Way
- Soo-il Lee Recognized by Korean American Behavioral Health Association
- In Memoriam [Ring out, wild bells] by Lord Alfred Tennyson
- What You Can Discover at Nyack
- Steve Gardner (NC '87; ATS '94) Making Snowflakes
- Marcus Jugenheimer: A Major in God's Army
- The Gift of Mentoring at Nyack for Sneha Chrispal
- The Nyack Story: More Than Numbers by Provost David Turk
- Dr. Gerard Becker Co-authors Award Winning Paper
- Staff Highlight: Mr. Dan Bailey, Director of Admissions, Rockland Campus
- A Love Gift at Home for the Holidays
- West Side Story Off-Broadway...A Successful Eight-Show Run
- Nyack Rockland School of Music Winter Concert
- West Side Story Wows Audiences
- Browse Blog Archive>>