How Was Your Weekend?
...Ask the crew of nearly two dozen Nyack college students, faculty, and staff who enjoyed the beautiful weekend weather by participating in Keep Rockland Beautiful, a partner of the national Great American Clean-up Beautiful initiative.
“In two hours we had twenty-five bags of trash, seventeen bags of recyclables, seven campaign signs, five tires, three traffic cones, two vacuums, and one car bumper on the curb,” says organizer Nancy Gates of Nyack’s College Relations Office.
Keep Rockland Beautiful Director Susan Wilmink shares, “It was wonderful to see so many Nyack College students help out with our Nyack Community Cleanup this year! They worked very hard to visibly improve the neighborhood close to campus -- and keep this debris out of our precious waterways. We look forward to tackling other areas in the future as we all pull together to make this county cleaner and greener.”
Among those who rolled up their sleeves on Upper Depew Avenue in Central Nyack were faculty members, Dr. Peter Park (Biology) and Dr. Jonathan Gates (English/Honors Program). Already committed to participating next year, Dr. Park commented, “It was a joy and privilege to work side-by-side with my students in this community clean-up effort! It was fun, and events like these are such a great experience and life lesson for students (and myself!)."
To learn more about Keep Rockland Beautiful, click here.
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Nyack New York City School of Music Student on "Harry" TV Show
- Screening of Documentary, "13th"
- Katalina Padilla: Being the Change
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Dr. Cleotha Robertson
- Feb 15: Screening of "13th" on Nyack Rockland Campus
- Feb 22: Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- February 28: Deadline for Endowed Scholarship Applications
- School of Education Dean Updates Program Accreditations
- Nyack's WNYK 88.7 FM Warrior Radio Airs Black History Month Features
- Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium Series
- Athletes Leadership Conference at Nyack College
- How a Nyack Sports Hero Was Celebrated
- First Hudson Link/Nyack College Graduation at Taconic Correctional Facility
- January 29-31: Deeper Life Series Speaker is Dr. Jonathan Shaw
- "Dan Bailey Day" at Nyack
- Head Men's Basketball Coach Jason Crafton on WNYK
- WNYK 88.7FM January Alumni Spotlight: Orlando Suazo
- 2018 Empower Retreat Attendees From 51 Churches and Seven States
- Nyack Scholarship and Global Engagement Director Heads Peace and Hope International
- School of Music Art Series Features Pianist Hui-Mei Lin
- Spiritual Life at Nyack College: Chapel Services
- Browse Blog Archive>>