How Was Your Weekend?
...Ask the crew of nearly two dozen Nyack college students, faculty, and staff who enjoyed the beautiful weekend weather by participating in Keep Rockland Beautiful, a partner of the national Great American Clean-up Beautiful initiative.
“In two hours we had twenty-five bags of trash, seventeen bags of recyclables, seven campaign signs, five tires, three traffic cones, two vacuums, and one car bumper on the curb,” says organizer Nancy Gates of Nyack’s College Relations Office.
Keep Rockland Beautiful Director Susan Wilmink shares, “It was wonderful to see so many Nyack College students help out with our Nyack Community Cleanup this year! They worked very hard to visibly improve the neighborhood close to campus -- and keep this debris out of our precious waterways. We look forward to tackling other areas in the future as we all pull together to make this county cleaner and greener.”
Among those who rolled up their sleeves on Upper Depew Avenue in Central Nyack were faculty members, Dr. Peter Park (Biology) and Dr. Jonathan Gates (English/Honors Program). Already committed to participating next year, Dr. Park commented, “It was a joy and privilege to work side-by-side with my students in this community clean-up effort! It was fun, and events like these are such a great experience and life lesson for students (and myself!)."
To learn more about Keep Rockland Beautiful, click here.
- Negocios Now "40 under 40" List Showcases Nyack Alumna Kathia Benitez
- March 15-17: Latino Pastoral Action Center Hosts 2018 Legacy Conference
- Music Faculty and Students Perform With Opera Star in Kansas City, MO
- Schedule Your Nyack College Visit
- MARCH 15: Writing Center's March Event: The Book of Elyon with Emmanuel Jean-Pierre
- MARCH 21: Bach's 333rd Birthday Bash!
- Metro District Women's Spring Retreat Registration In Progress
- Seminary Chapel Concludes Black History Month With Pastor Donna Baptiste
- Dr. Anita Underwood, a Panelist on Christian Radio Network
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: DeLissa Dixon
- Nyack Student Leaders at Christian Cultural Center's C3 Youth Ministry
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Althea Session-Lovett
- Nyack Alumna Tiffany Burnett ('05), a Boca Raton, FL Entrepreneur
- Spring Edition of The Forum Published
- OFFICIAL STATEMENT: Remembering God's General, Dr. Billy Graham
- Online Christian Colleges Ranks Nyack College
- Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- Shaun Jacobs-Patterson ('12) Named Senior Pastor at Trenton, NJ Church
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Isaac Foster
- Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Browse Blog Archive>>