Nyack's Inaugural Social Work Graduate Research Colloquium
Dr. Mayra Lopez-Humphreys, director of the Masters of Social Work (MSW) program at Nyack College, announced that the first Social Work Graduate Research Colloquium will be held on Wednesday, April 20 from 4:00 p.m. until 6:00 p.m. at Nyack’s Manhattan campus, 2 Washington Street in Battery Park (Room 2130).
The Colloquium will showcase student poster presentations that examine current trends and emerging challenges facing the needs of marginalized communities in New York City and the relevance of justice, mercy, and faith values in examining needs. Student presentations will explore key service areas of substance abuse & recovery, mental health, families, children, and youth.
To register for the Colloquium, click here.
The first cohort of graduates from the Master of Social Work program will receive their degrees at Nyack’s 133rd commencement ceremony on Saturday, May 7 at the Westchester County Center in White Plains, NY. Based on the review of the poster presentations at the Research Colloquium, the Excellence in Evidence-based Research Award will be presented at the MSW Hooding Ceremony Thursday, May 5 at the Manhattan campus.
- MARCH 25: Dr. Guy Waters - Plenary Speaker for Evangelical Theological Society Conference
- Nyack's Spring Production: The Importance of Being Earnest
- Nyack Alumna, Kathia Benitez Is Director of sustainNU program at Northwestern University
- Alliance Graduate School of Counseling Reunion at NYC Campus
- Bach's 332nd Birthday Bash
- Nyack College Opera Workshop Presents Verdi's "La Traviata"
- The Gates Way to Medieval Times
- March 18: Hudson River Pianofest 2017 at Nyack College
- President Michael G. Scales to Begin New Term on CICU Board
- Udo Middelmann Returns to Nyack College for Colloquium on Civic Engagement
- Nyack School of Music Students on Harry Connick Jr. Show
- What Is Love? Nyack Rockland Artists Answer the Question
- American Red Cross Blood Drive at Nyack College
- Founder/CEO Evelyn Bautista-Miller Is CSGE Colloquium Speaker
- ATS Missions Retreat at Mount Crescent House
- Nyack College and Local Entrepreneurs to Compete for Over $22,000 in Prizes
- Academic Year 2017-2018 Applications Being Accepted for Student Leaders
- Nyack Rockland Associate Dean Wanda Velez, a Hope Gathering Speaker
- MARCH 2: An Authors' Talk Hosted by Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Program
- Fifth Anniversary Celebration & Silent Auction to Benefit Empower Program
- Student Spotlight: Jill Kim, AGSC Marriage and Family Therapy Major
- Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, C&MA Metro District Women's Retreat Speaker
- WNYK Pays Tribute to Black History Month
- Feb 18: School of Music's Noel Wippler, a Featured Artist in Mid-Atlantic Jazz Festival
- Browse Blog Archive>>