Nyack's Inaugural Social Work Graduate Research Colloquium
Dr. Mayra Lopez-Humphreys, director of the Masters of Social Work (MSW) program at Nyack College, announced that the first Social Work Graduate Research Colloquium will be held on Wednesday, April 20 from 4:00 p.m. until 6:00 p.m. at Nyack’s Manhattan campus, 2 Washington Street in Battery Park (Room 2130).
The Colloquium will showcase student poster presentations that examine current trends and emerging challenges facing the needs of marginalized communities in New York City and the relevance of justice, mercy, and faith values in examining needs. Student presentations will explore key service areas of substance abuse & recovery, mental health, families, children, and youth.
To register for the Colloquium, click here.
The first cohort of graduates from the Master of Social Work program will receive their degrees at Nyack’s 133rd commencement ceremony on Saturday, May 7 at the Westchester County Center in White Plains, NY. Based on the review of the poster presentations at the Research Colloquium, the Excellence in Evidence-based Research Award will be presented at the MSW Hooding Ceremony Thursday, May 5 at the Manhattan campus.
- Qian Ye, Nyack Alumna Featured in Global Mural Conference
- Celebrating the Service of a Pioneer: Drusila Nieves
- Every Day A Gift Concert: Music Prof and Transplant Recipient, Sungrai Sohn
- Listen Up! Nyack's WNYK 88.7FM
- 2016 CCCU Diversity Conference
- Coming to Nyack: A Science & Technology Entry Program (STEP) for Youth
- Holly Nichols: Keeping the Nyack Founder's Vision Alive
- Nyack President, Professors and Staff Are CCCU Diversity Conference Presenters
- Nyack Among Alliance Colleges Featured in Special Fall ALife
- A Prayer Walk From NYC to Chicago With ATS Alumnus Al Taylor
- Nyack Team at Sixth Annual Interfaith and Community Service Campus Challenge
- DEEPER LIFE SERIES: With Jon Tyson
- Seven Years Strong: Nyack's Rites of Passage Initiation Ceremony
- Nyack College Among Top Ethnically Diverse Regional Schools in the U.S.
- Chelsea Geyer (NC '12) Golf Classic Luncheon Speaker
- 15 Years Later...We Still Remember
- Go Fish...Again!
- Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary to Be Highlighted on "Pursuing God" Broadcast
- Register for the Nyack Leadership Speaker Series Lecture With Peter Irvine
- CCCU 2016 Diversity Conference at Nyack NYC
- Alumni Jazz Musicians RSVP ASAP For This Homecoming Gig
- Amanda Halter, A Lady Warrior in Germany
- Jose Heredia (NC '09) at the Rose Nagelberg Theatre in Manhattan
- Carol Ann Freeman and Bonita D'Amil...Hearts for Hungary
- Gabrielle Do Goes Global With Her Spoken Word Artistry
- Browse Blog Archive>>