Nyack's Inaugural Social Work Graduate Research Colloquium
Dr. Mayra Lopez-Humphreys, director of the Masters of Social Work (MSW) program at Nyack College, announced that the first Social Work Graduate Research Colloquium will be held on Wednesday, April 20 from 4:00 p.m. until 6:00 p.m. at Nyack’s Manhattan campus, 2 Washington Street in Battery Park (Room 2130).
The Colloquium will showcase student poster presentations that examine current trends and emerging challenges facing the needs of marginalized communities in New York City and the relevance of justice, mercy, and faith values in examining needs. Student presentations will explore key service areas of substance abuse & recovery, mental health, families, children, and youth.
To register for the Colloquium, click here.
The first cohort of graduates from the Master of Social Work program will receive their degrees at Nyack’s 133rd commencement ceremony on Saturday, May 7 at the Westchester County Center in White Plains, NY. Based on the review of the poster presentations at the Research Colloquium, the Excellence in Evidence-based Research Award will be presented at the MSW Hooding Ceremony Thursday, May 5 at the Manhattan campus.
- Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary Alumni at Metro District Conference "Expectation"
- OCT 20-21: Movement Day New York City
- OCT 21: Saxophonist Jacob Nevill (NC '08) in Grace Church Concert
- OCT 23-25: Dave Powers Returns for Spiritual Formation's Prayer Summit 2017
- OCT 23: Nyack College School of Music Performance at Steinway Hall
- OCT 26: Behind the Project with Isaiah Velez
- OCT 29: Trunk or Treat Comes to Nyack College Rockland
- NOV 8-9: Nyack Scholars Symposium and National Hispanic Education Summit at Nyack
- NOV 4: Dr. Anna Flores-Locke to Present at American Counseling Association Event
- WNYK's October Alumni Spotlight: Stephen and Lauri (Boyd) McKnight
- First 2017-2018 Issue of The Forum is Released
- The Amasi Trio in Concert
- Fall Faculty Reading Features Dr. Charles Beach
- FOUNDER'S DAY CHAPEL: C&MA Canada President David Hearn
- Ron Blue Institute Center Comes to Nyack College
- WNYK Re-airs Segments of "Perspectives on Personal Living"
- Nyack Warrior Athletics and Nyack Health Services Host "Pink Out" Events
- Praise Report from Puerto Rico
- Nyack Music Professor Damien Sneed on Stage at Carnegie Hall
- Dr. Lawrence Schiffman, Dead Sea Scrolls Scholar Visits Nyack New York City
- Fashion as WordArt Hosted by Nyack's Rockland Writing Center
- Cultivate Coffee Opens on Campus
- Who's Returning to the Hillside for Homecoming?
- Listening Party for Isaiah Velez
- Borderline Music Fest Features Nyack Alumnus "Skerrit Bwoy"
- Browse Blog Archive>>