Nyack's Inaugural Social Work Graduate Research Colloquium
Dr. Mayra Lopez-Humphreys, director of the Masters of Social Work (MSW) program at Nyack College, announced that the first Social Work Graduate Research Colloquium will be held on Wednesday, April 20 from 4:00 p.m. until 6:00 p.m. at Nyack’s Manhattan campus, 2 Washington Street in Battery Park (Room 2130).
The Colloquium will showcase student poster presentations that examine current trends and emerging challenges facing the needs of marginalized communities in New York City and the relevance of justice, mercy, and faith values in examining needs. Student presentations will explore key service areas of substance abuse & recovery, mental health, families, children, and youth.
To register for the Colloquium, click here.
The first cohort of graduates from the Master of Social Work program will receive their degrees at Nyack’s 133rd commencement ceremony on Saturday, May 7 at the Westchester County Center in White Plains, NY. Based on the review of the poster presentations at the Research Colloquium, the Excellence in Evidence-based Research Award will be presented at the MSW Hooding Ceremony Thursday, May 5 at the Manhattan campus.
- Celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Nyack Community Remembers NYC Music Student Curtis Crum III
- 13 of Nyack's Fall Athletes Recognized for Their Academic Excellence
- Dr. Jacqueline Washington Contributes to Research Article in Nature Microbiology
- Nyack's School of Music Headlines Concert at David Geffen Hall, Lincoln Center
- Global Service-Learning Director Updates on Nyack/ATS Teams in Israel
- Global Service-Learning Trip in Cuba with Drs. Ron and Wanda Walborn
- Winterim: ATS in Israel with Dr. Bryan Widbin
- ATS Alumni Among 2017 Pastors' Prayer Summit Leaders
- Globetrotting--the Nyack Way
- Soo-il Lee Recognized by Korean American Behavioral Health Association
- In Memoriam [Ring out, wild bells] by Lord Alfred Tennyson
- What You Can Discover at Nyack
- Steve Gardner (NC '87; ATS '94) Making Snowflakes
- Marcus Jugenheimer: A Major in God's Army
- The Gift of Mentoring at Nyack for Sneha Chrispal
- The Nyack Story: More Than Numbers by Provost David Turk
- Dr. Gerard Becker Co-authors Award Winning Paper
- Staff Highlight: Mr. Dan Bailey, Director of Admissions, Rockland Campus
- A Love Gift at Home for the Holidays
- West Side Story Off-Broadway...A Successful Eight-Show Run
- Nyack Rockland School of Music Winter Concert
- West Side Story Wows Audiences
- Isa Agape: A WNYK Interview and Worship & Praise Night Leader
- Telling the Nyack Story
- Browse Blog Archive>>