Dr. David Ireland, Rockland County Day of Prayer Keynote Speaker
Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary trustee and ATS alumnus, Dr. David Ireland, was the guest speaker for the 2016 Rockland County Day of Prayer on Thursday, April 28 at the Lafayette Theatre, 97 Lafayette Avenue in Suffern, NY. Dr. Ireland is the lead pastor of Christ Church with two campuses in Montclair and Rockaway, NJ. (See promo video here.)
Special music included recording artist Freddy Washington, Jr., Nyack College’s Chorale, Nyack College School of Music Professor Shelley Jameson, and a community choir led by Suberta Roberson of Christ Community Church.
For more than two years, pastors have been meeting at the Rockland County campus of Nyack College to pray and to discuss ideas that will reach our communities for Christ. The group has established itself as City Serve: Rockland for Christ, following on the heels of the NYC City Serve campaign associated with the Luis Palau organization. The goal is to strategize, pool resources, and communicate the message of God’s grace through tangible acts of love.
Recognizing the outreach efforts of local churches, Rockland’s County Executive Ed Day officially declared the last Thursday of every April as Rockland Day of Prayer.
- C&MA Metro District Sponsors MORE: One-Day Retreat for Women
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Team Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Remembering the Warrior Who Dreamed: Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Oral History Project in Nyack, NY features Alumnus Earl Miller
- New Student Orientation at Nyack NYC
- A Bible Translation's Impact on the View of Women in God's Story
- #nyackglobal, Where in the World Are You?
- Just One Grape: A 2017 P.S.
- The New Has Come!
- National Geographic Article on Nyack's Archaeological Dig Team Makes 2017 Editor's Favorites List
- Alliance Theological Seminary Dean Visits Extension Site in Puerto Rico
- Holiday Sales With a Social Purpose
- The Forum...Bringing Holiday Cheer
- WNYK 88.7FM December Alumni Spotlight: Caitlin Kerr
- An "In the Heights" Postscript
- A Year of Jubilee for the School of Education
- Dr. Louis DeCaro Awarded John Brown Society Silver Medal
- THE CAUSE: Supporting Educators in Urban Schools
- Nyack Students and Faculty in Christmas Music at the Mall
- Writing Center's "Grand Slam" Postponed Until Spring Semester
- A Christmas Tradition: The Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Four Women Volleyball Players on All-Academic Team
- CCCU Leadership Institute Member Rahn Franklin Visits Nyack
- Carol & Candlelight Tour Marks 69th Year
- WNYK Interviews Cast Members of "In the Heights"
- Browse Blog Archive>>