Criminal Justice Department Hosts Career Talk with Mike and Joanne Pelino
Prof. Miguel Sanchez (pictured) will welcome NYPD Officer Mike Pelino and his wife, Joanne, as guest speakers for his Criminal Justice class on the Rockland County campus of Nyack College, 1 South Blvd., in Nyack, NY on Wednesday, March 30 at 2:20 p.m. in Simpson Hall, Room 200B.
A patrol officer for 18 years and a member of a number of special units, Officer Pelino, who now works at NYPD headquarters, will speak to students about his journey in law enforcement. The bonus to his insight on his career is that his wife will contribute the perspective of a police officer’s spouse. Mrs. Pelino is a current Nyack College Pastoral Ministry major and a former Emergency Room technician.
All are welcome to attend (including non-criminal justice majors).
- OCT 24-26: Office of Spiritual Formation Hosts Prayer Summit with Dave Powers
- OCT 26: Fall Colloquium at Nyack Rockland on Civic Engagement
- NOV 2-3: Eighth Annual Nyack Scholars Symposium
- Education Conference at Alliance Theological Seminary with Dr. Eric Mazur
- Barb Shiffer: Well Done, Good and Faithful Servant!
- Get Tickets for Nyack's Production of West Side Story!
- Cast Your Vote for Josh and Jaclyn Blanchard!
- Remembering Tryphena Ramcharitar
- Every Day A Gift Concert, Music Prof and Transplant Recipient, Sungrai Sohn
- Service of Remembrance for Social Work Major Utopia Campbell
- ATS Alumna Karen Goff is VP at Agnes Scott College
- Alumna Rynae Rasley Joins U.S. Air Force Academy Coaching Staff
- Qian Ye, Nyack Alumna Featured in Global Mural Conference
- Celebrating the Service of a Pioneer: Drusila Nieves
- Listen Up! Nyack's WNYK 88.7FM
- 2016 CCCU Diversity Conference
- Coming to Nyack: A Science & Technology Entry Program (STEP) for Youth
- Holly Nichols: Keeping the Nyack Founder's Vision Alive
- Nyack President, Professors and Staff Are CCCU Diversity Conference Presenters
- Nyack Among Alliance Colleges Featured in Special Fall ALife
- A Prayer Walk From NYC to Chicago With ATS Alumnus Al Taylor
- Nyack Team at Sixth Annual Interfaith and Community Service Campus Challenge
- DEEPER LIFE SERIES: With Jon Tyson
- Seven Years Strong: Nyack's Rites of Passage Initiation Ceremony
- Nyack College Among Top Ethnically Diverse Regional Schools in the U.S.
- Browse Blog Archive>>