Entrepreneur Sabrina HoSang Is Plenary Speaker for Nyack's Student Research Conference
The Fifth Annual Student Research Conference, at Nyack College sponsored by the Nursing Department and the Biology Department, in conjunction with the Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement, will be held on Thursday, March 31 at Bowman Gymnasium, 1 South Boulevard on the Nyack Rockland campus beginning at 9:00 a.m. This year’s theme is “Level Up: Pursuing Excellence in the Academic Disciplines.”
The 10:30 a.m. plenary session will feature guest speaker Sabrina Antoinette HoSang. She is the daughter of Jamaican Chinese business magnate and philanthropist, Dr. Vincent HoSang and wife, Jeanette. Sabrina is currently the Chief Operating Officer (COO) of her family-owned business, Caribbean Food Delights (CFD) and a director of the Vincent HoSang Family Foundation (VHFF).
In 2001, she earned her B.Sc. degree in Business Administration and a Minor in Management Information Systems from Villanova University in Villanova, PA. HoSang is an award-winning young entrepreneur and business strategist who is recognized for her superb leadership ability by the business community and numerous civic and community organizations. Some of her accolades include the 2014 Outstanding 50 Asian Americans in Business Award, the Caribbean Life 20 Under 40 Award, Rockland Economic Development Corporation (REDC) 40 Under 40 Award, Women of Great Esteem (WGE) Award from QKingdom Ministries, Jamaica’s Consul General’s Award, Community Leadership Award from Jamaica College Old Boy’s Association of NY and the Dynamic Woman Award from Brooklyn Assemblyman Nick Perry.
For being a model team builder and motivator, she was inducted as a Business Visionary by Caribbean American Chamber of Commerce and Industry (CACCI). In 2014, The All Islands Organization of Westchester County declared May 6, Sabrina HoSang Day!
Since 2003, Sabrina has been sponsoring young children in deprived areas of Honduras and Indonesia through World Vision, providing them with an education, clean water, and food. She is also actively involved in mentoring and hopes to inspire many young people to become future leaders and entrepreneurs.
The plenary will be followed by a question and answer session. A panel discussion will take place at 2:00 p.m. Winners of the poster competition will be announced at the 2:45 p.m. Awards Ceremony.
For more information, contact Kristin Ivaldi at Kristin.Ivaldi@nyack.edu.
- Summer 2017 Research Grants for Nyack Faculty Announced
- Issachah Savage Conducts Masterclass for Nyack Music Students
- Nyack College Helps Keep Rockland Beautiful
- APRIL 23: Nyack's "La Traviata" Performance Will Benefit Ottawa, IL Tornado Victims
- Warriors Men’s Soccer Loses 4-3 to United States Military Academy in Spring Finale
- Nyack Music Faculty/Alumnus ('09) Carlos Cuestas at Watchung Arts Center
- Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary 2017 Commencement
- Fishing Club Fundraiser
- Bill Roesch of Impact Paterson Begins Coaching Business Venture Competition Winners
- Nyack Bio Students Present at SEA PHAGES Conference
- High Praise in the Lincoln Center "Sanctuary"
- Winners of the Nyack College 2017 Student Research Conference Announced
- Dean Wanda Velez--a Panelist for Women in Leadership Conference
- Dr. James Danaher, INDIES Book of the Year Awards Finalist
- The Art of Photography With Rebecca Przywara
- Dr. Lawrence Resseler Conducts School of Social Work Seminar
- English Department Welcomes Author Steven Florczyk to the Nyack Rockland Campus
- CSGE Colloquium Features Dr. Larry Poston
- The Music of Dr. Tammy Lum Featured on WWFM.org., the Classical Network
- CSGE Releases Digital Brochure for April 4 Student Research Conference
- Nyack College School of Business Hosts Competition for Local Entrepreneurs
- The Amasi Trio in Concert
- Nyack Alumnus Sean Pica Named to Alliance for Higher Education in Prison Founding Board
- New Edition of The Forum Published
- MARCH 25: Dr. Guy Waters - Plenary Speaker for Evangelical Theological Society Conference
- Browse Blog Archive>>