Entrepreneur Sabrina HoSang Is Plenary Speaker for Nyack's Student Research Conference
The Fifth Annual Student Research Conference, at Nyack College sponsored by the Nursing Department and the Biology Department, in conjunction with the Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement, will be held on Thursday, March 31 at Bowman Gymnasium, 1 South Boulevard on the Nyack Rockland campus beginning at 9:00 a.m. This year’s theme is “Level Up: Pursuing Excellence in the Academic Disciplines.”
The 10:30 a.m. plenary session will feature guest speaker Sabrina Antoinette HoSang. She is the daughter of Jamaican Chinese business magnate and philanthropist, Dr. Vincent HoSang and wife, Jeanette. Sabrina is currently the Chief Operating Officer (COO) of her family-owned business, Caribbean Food Delights (CFD) and a director of the Vincent HoSang Family Foundation (VHFF).
In 2001, she earned her B.Sc. degree in Business Administration and a Minor in Management Information Systems from Villanova University in Villanova, PA. HoSang is an award-winning young entrepreneur and business strategist who is recognized for her superb leadership ability by the business community and numerous civic and community organizations. Some of her accolades include the 2014 Outstanding 50 Asian Americans in Business Award, the Caribbean Life 20 Under 40 Award, Rockland Economic Development Corporation (REDC) 40 Under 40 Award, Women of Great Esteem (WGE) Award from QKingdom Ministries, Jamaica’s Consul General’s Award, Community Leadership Award from Jamaica College Old Boy’s Association of NY and the Dynamic Woman Award from Brooklyn Assemblyman Nick Perry.
For being a model team builder and motivator, she was inducted as a Business Visionary by Caribbean American Chamber of Commerce and Industry (CACCI). In 2014, The All Islands Organization of Westchester County declared May 6, Sabrina HoSang Day!
Since 2003, Sabrina has been sponsoring young children in deprived areas of Honduras and Indonesia through World Vision, providing them with an education, clean water, and food. She is also actively involved in mentoring and hopes to inspire many young people to become future leaders and entrepreneurs.
The plenary will be followed by a question and answer session. A panel discussion will take place at 2:00 p.m. Winners of the poster competition will be announced at the 2:45 p.m. Awards Ceremony.
For more information, contact Kristin Ivaldi at Kristin.Ivaldi@nyack.edu.
- New Edition of The Forum Published
- March 29: The Amasi Trio in Concert
- OPENING MARCH 31: Nyack's Spring Play: The Importance of Being Earnest
- MARCH 31: Nyack College and Local Entrepreneurs to Compete for Over $22,000 in Prizes
- Nyack College Opera Workshop Presents Verdi's "La Traviata"
- MARCH 25: Dr. Guy Waters - Plenary Speaker for Evangelical Theological Society Conference
- Nyack Alumna, Kathia Benitez Is Director of sustainNU program at Northwestern University
- Alliance Graduate School of Counseling Reunion at NYC Campus
- Bach's 332nd Birthday Bash
- The Gates Way to Medieval Times
- March 18: Hudson River Pianofest 2017 at Nyack College
- President Michael G. Scales to Begin New Term on CICU Board
- Udo Middelmann Returns to Nyack College for Colloquium on Civic Engagement
- Nyack School of Music Students on Harry Connick Jr. Show
- What Is Love? Nyack Rockland Artists Answer the Question
- American Red Cross Blood Drive at Nyack College
- Founder/CEO Evelyn Bautista-Miller Is CSGE Colloquium Speaker
- ATS Missions Retreat at Mount Crescent House
- Academic Year 2017-2018 Applications Being Accepted for Student Leaders
- Nyack Rockland Associate Dean Wanda Velez, a Hope Gathering Speaker
- MARCH 2: An Authors' Talk Hosted by Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Program
- Fifth Anniversary Celebration & Silent Auction to Benefit Empower Program
- Student Spotlight: Jill Kim, AGSC Marriage and Family Therapy Major
- Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, C&MA Metro District Women's Retreat Speaker
- Browse Blog Archive>>