Entrepreneur Sabrina HoSang Is Plenary Speaker for Nyack's Student Research Conference
The Fifth Annual Student Research Conference, at Nyack College sponsored by the Nursing Department and the Biology Department, in conjunction with the Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement, will be held on Thursday, March 31 at Bowman Gymnasium, 1 South Boulevard on the Nyack Rockland campus beginning at 9:00 a.m. This year’s theme is “Level Up: Pursuing Excellence in the Academic Disciplines.”
The 10:30 a.m. plenary session will feature guest speaker Sabrina Antoinette HoSang. She is the daughter of Jamaican Chinese business magnate and philanthropist, Dr. Vincent HoSang and wife, Jeanette. Sabrina is currently the Chief Operating Officer (COO) of her family-owned business, Caribbean Food Delights (CFD) and a director of the Vincent HoSang Family Foundation (VHFF).
In 2001, she earned her B.Sc. degree in Business Administration and a Minor in Management Information Systems from Villanova University in Villanova, PA. HoSang is an award-winning young entrepreneur and business strategist who is recognized for her superb leadership ability by the business community and numerous civic and community organizations. Some of her accolades include the 2014 Outstanding 50 Asian Americans in Business Award, the Caribbean Life 20 Under 40 Award, Rockland Economic Development Corporation (REDC) 40 Under 40 Award, Women of Great Esteem (WGE) Award from QKingdom Ministries, Jamaica’s Consul General’s Award, Community Leadership Award from Jamaica College Old Boy’s Association of NY and the Dynamic Woman Award from Brooklyn Assemblyman Nick Perry.
For being a model team builder and motivator, she was inducted as a Business Visionary by Caribbean American Chamber of Commerce and Industry (CACCI). In 2014, The All Islands Organization of Westchester County declared May 6, Sabrina HoSang Day!
Since 2003, Sabrina has been sponsoring young children in deprived areas of Honduras and Indonesia through World Vision, providing them with an education, clean water, and food. She is also actively involved in mentoring and hopes to inspire many young people to become future leaders and entrepreneurs.
The plenary will be followed by a question and answer session. A panel discussion will take place at 2:00 p.m. Winners of the poster competition will be announced at the 2:45 p.m. Awards Ceremony.
For more information, contact Kristin Ivaldi at Kristin.Ivaldi@nyack.edu.
- Nyack at its Best...Serving Others
- MAY 31: Nyack Scholars Symposium Presentation Proposal Deadline
- Nyack Artists Featured in East Village Multimedia Showcase
- Pastor Charles Galbreath Special Guest on Donna Baptiste Ministries Radio Broadcast
- School of Music Profs Conduct Three-Day Vocal/Opera Institute
- Nyack Alumnus Dr. Ty Buckman Named Provost at Mary Baldwin University
- 2017 Grads Are Nyack's Inaugural Class of Biology Majors
- Nyack Grads on "Good Morning, America" Segment
- Commitment to Mission Awards to Dean Glenn Koponen and Dean Wanda Velez
- The Legacy of Service at Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary
- Soccer Team Online Fundraiser
- Dr. Ron Walborn at Christian Health Care Center on "Embracing Your Grief"
- NATIONAL NURSES WEEK: Cheryle Phenicie, R.N.
- Celebrating the School of Nursing's "Surviving Six"
- Class of 2017....You Did It!
- The Nyack College Fishing Club's Big Catch
- Non-Profit Awards Dr. Jackie Washington Fellowship for Ecology Project in Costa Rica
- Seventh Year for Woman...Rite of Passage Ceremony
- Meet the 2017-2018 NYC Campus Student Government Officers
- The Forum....Issue #6
- Nyack's Wakefield Wins CACC Conference Golf Championship
- Jonathan Demme, a Nyack Organizational Leadership Guest Speaker
- Nyack Honor Society Students Celebrated
- Summer 2017 Research Grants for Nyack Faculty Announced
- Issachah Savage Conducts Masterclass for Nyack Music Students
- Browse Blog Archive>>