Entrepreneur Sabrina HoSang Is Plenary Speaker for Nyack's Student Research Conference
The Fifth Annual Student Research Conference, at Nyack College sponsored by the Nursing Department and the Biology Department, in conjunction with the Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement, will be held on Thursday, March 31 at Bowman Gymnasium, 1 South Boulevard on the Nyack Rockland campus beginning at 9:00 a.m. This year’s theme is “Level Up: Pursuing Excellence in the Academic Disciplines.”
The 10:30 a.m. plenary session will feature guest speaker Sabrina Antoinette HoSang. She is the daughter of Jamaican Chinese business magnate and philanthropist, Dr. Vincent HoSang and wife, Jeanette. Sabrina is currently the Chief Operating Officer (COO) of her family-owned business, Caribbean Food Delights (CFD) and a director of the Vincent HoSang Family Foundation (VHFF).
In 2001, she earned her B.Sc. degree in Business Administration and a Minor in Management Information Systems from Villanova University in Villanova, PA. HoSang is an award-winning young entrepreneur and business strategist who is recognized for her superb leadership ability by the business community and numerous civic and community organizations. Some of her accolades include the 2014 Outstanding 50 Asian Americans in Business Award, the Caribbean Life 20 Under 40 Award, Rockland Economic Development Corporation (REDC) 40 Under 40 Award, Women of Great Esteem (WGE) Award from QKingdom Ministries, Jamaica’s Consul General’s Award, Community Leadership Award from Jamaica College Old Boy’s Association of NY and the Dynamic Woman Award from Brooklyn Assemblyman Nick Perry.
For being a model team builder and motivator, she was inducted as a Business Visionary by Caribbean American Chamber of Commerce and Industry (CACCI). In 2014, The All Islands Organization of Westchester County declared May 6, Sabrina HoSang Day!
Since 2003, Sabrina has been sponsoring young children in deprived areas of Honduras and Indonesia through World Vision, providing them with an education, clean water, and food. She is also actively involved in mentoring and hopes to inspire many young people to become future leaders and entrepreneurs.
The plenary will be followed by a question and answer session. A panel discussion will take place at 2:00 p.m. Winners of the poster competition will be announced at the 2:45 p.m. Awards Ceremony.
For more information, contact Kristin Ivaldi at Kristin.Ivaldi@nyack.edu.
- Student Spotlight: Jill Kim, AGSC Marriage and Family Therapy Major
- MARCH 2: An Authors' Talk Hosted by Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Program
- MARCH 3: Nyack Rockland Associate Dean Wanda Velez, a Hope Gathering Speaker
- Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, C&MA Metro District Women's Retreat Speaker
- WNYK Pays Tribute to Black History Month
- Feb 18: School of Music's Noel Wippler, a Featured Artist in Mid-Atlantic Jazz Festival
- FEB 18: Purpose Performs at Katonah Village Library
- Nyack Students Participate in NY Student Aid Alliance Event
- Recapturing the Art of Writing Love Letters
- Meet Dynamic NY Talent Trinity Rose on WNYK 88.7FM
- Accreditation Renewed for Nyack by the Association of Christian Schools International
- 2017 Alumni & Friends Phonathon Underway
- Yahoo! for Krysten Peek and Her 7-Continent Run
- Nyack Center Announces Winners of the Martin Luther King Oratory Contest
- Rev. Charles Galbreath--Nyack Chapel Speaker
- Deeper Life Series with Dr. Michael and Mrs. Lisa Plunket
- Udo Middelmann, Civic Engagement Speaker at Nyack Rockland and Nyack New York City
- ATS Alumni Among 2017 Pastors' Prayer Summit Leaders
- Dr. Jacqueline Washington Contributes to Research Article in Nature Microbiology
- Celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Nyack Community Remembers NYC Music Student Curtis Crum III
- 13 of Nyack's Fall Athletes Recognized for Their Academic Excellence
- Save the DAte for Nyack's School of Music Concert at David Geffen Hall, Lincoln Center
- Global Service-Learning Director Updates on Nyack/ATS Teams in Israel
- Global Service-Learning Trip in Cuba with Drs. Ron and Wanda Walborn
- Browse Blog Archive>>