Former Nyack/ATS President, Dr. David Rambo, At Home With Jesus
Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary (ATS) learned that former Nyack/ATS president, Dr. David Rambo went home to be with the Lord on Friday, March 11. Dr. Rambo served as president of the College and Seminary from 1982 to 1987 and returned to serve as president of ATS from 1996 to 2000. He was elected eighth president of the U.S. Christian and Missionary Alliance at the C&MA’s Centennial Council in 1987.
Dr. Rambo's distinguished service to the Alliance and to the body of Christ included his tenure as vice president of U.S. C&MA Overseas Ministries (1979–1982) and president of Canadian Bible College and Canadian Theological Seminary (1972–1978), where he was once a professor of world missions. With his precious wife, Ruth, (who predeceased him in 2011) he served as a missionary in the Philippines (1961–1970).
Nyack/ATS alumnus and current dean of Alliance Theological Seminary, Dr. Ron Walborn fondly remembers the man who became his prayer partner when President Rambo travelled with students on a World Missions in Review trip during spring break.
"We drew names out of a hat to choose someone to pray with during the trip. Amazingly, I drew President Rambo's name and he drew mine giving us double the time to pray together. For the next seven days we prayed together every day on that tour bus. For the next 30+ years, I would receive a call almost every month and hear that familiar voice, "Walborn, I'm still praying for you. What's on the list today?"
At the seminary's 50th anniversary in 2010, Dr. Rambo applauded how the legacy of Dr. A.B. Simpson was being carried out by Nyack/ATS and remarked that Dr. Simpson would be blessed. He also commented on the importance of online education. "Many major universities now are into online education. I think online education is the future,” he said. It’s the only way some people are going to get to college.” In its commitment to providing opportunities and access to Christian higher education, Nyack/ATS is indeed expanding its online degree programs.
The campus community extends prayers to the loved ones of Dr. David Rambo and will announce final arrangements when the family makes that information available.
- Tickets On Sale for United Praise Gospel Concert August 11 at Barclays Center
- Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, "Mutual by Design" Conference Speaker
- Lauren Lebo, Lacrosse Head Coach
- SAVE THE DATES! September 29 & 30: Borderline Music Festival
- El-Araj Excavation Update and Photo Gallery
- RELEASE: Nyack College Opts In to the NYS Enhanced Tuition Award
- From Dr. Steve Notley in Israel: AJCO Dig Discovery!
- AGSC's Marriage & Family Therapy Ranked #4 Among Top 25 Counseling Programs in the Northeast
- Nyack Basketball Alumni Compete at IBall National Pro Combine
- School of Ed Professors Recognized by American Educational Research Association
- Celebrating the Life of ATS Alumna Aliceteen Taylor
- Memorial Service for Robin Luce
- Division of Student Success Dean Hosts STEM Event for Rockland Youth
- Remembering Manuel Ocana: A Strong, Gentle Leader
- Nyack College Partners With Long Island School on NYS Presidential Scholarship
- Nyack Profs Present at The Great Fish Count
- 2017 Sports Camp for Youth at Nyack College
- Nyack Alumni Sean Pica and Luis Diaz on SiriusXM Broadcast
- Nyack Scholars Symposium Presentation Proposal Deadline
- Rockland Leaders Gather to Show Appreciation for Community Relations Director Earl Miller
- Remembering Robin Luce
- Nyack at its Best...Serving Others
- Nyack Artists Featured in East Village Multimedia Showcase
- Pastor Charles Galbreath Special Guest on Donna Baptiste Ministries Radio Broadcast
- School of Music Profs Conduct Three-Day Vocal/Opera Institute
- Browse Blog Archive>>