Former Nyack/ATS President, Dr. David Rambo, At Home With Jesus
Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary (ATS) learned that former Nyack/ATS president, Dr. David Rambo went home to be with the Lord on Friday, March 11. Dr. Rambo served as president of the College and Seminary from 1982 to 1987 and returned to serve as president of ATS from 1996 to 2000. He was elected eighth president of the U.S. Christian and Missionary Alliance at the C&MA’s Centennial Council in 1987.
Dr. Rambo's distinguished service to the Alliance and to the body of Christ included his tenure as vice president of U.S. C&MA Overseas Ministries (1979–1982) and president of Canadian Bible College and Canadian Theological Seminary (1972–1978), where he was once a professor of world missions. With his precious wife, Ruth, (who predeceased him in 2011) he served as a missionary in the Philippines (1961–1970).
Nyack/ATS alumnus and current dean of Alliance Theological Seminary, Dr. Ron Walborn fondly remembers the man who became his prayer partner when President Rambo travelled with students on a World Missions in Review trip during spring break.
"We drew names out of a hat to choose someone to pray with during the trip. Amazingly, I drew President Rambo's name and he drew mine giving us double the time to pray together. For the next seven days we prayed together every day on that tour bus. For the next 30+ years, I would receive a call almost every month and hear that familiar voice, "Walborn, I'm still praying for you. What's on the list today?"
At the seminary's 50th anniversary in 2010, Dr. Rambo applauded how the legacy of Dr. A.B. Simpson was being carried out by Nyack/ATS and remarked that Dr. Simpson would be blessed. He also commented on the importance of online education. "Many major universities now are into online education. I think online education is the future,” he said. It’s the only way some people are going to get to college.” In its commitment to providing opportunities and access to Christian higher education, Nyack/ATS is indeed expanding its online degree programs.
The campus community extends prayers to the loved ones of Dr. David Rambo and will announce final arrangements when the family makes that information available.
- New Edition of The Forum Published
- March 29: The Amasi Trio in Concert
- OPENING MARCH 31: Nyack's Spring Play: The Importance of Being Earnest
- MARCH 31: Nyack College and Local Entrepreneurs to Compete for Over $22,000 in Prizes
- Nyack College Opera Workshop Presents Verdi's "La Traviata"
- MARCH 25: Dr. Guy Waters - Plenary Speaker for Evangelical Theological Society Conference
- Nyack Alumna, Kathia Benitez Is Director of sustainNU program at Northwestern University
- Alliance Graduate School of Counseling Reunion at NYC Campus
- Bach's 332nd Birthday Bash
- The Gates Way to Medieval Times
- March 18: Hudson River Pianofest 2017 at Nyack College
- President Michael G. Scales to Begin New Term on CICU Board
- Udo Middelmann Returns to Nyack College for Colloquium on Civic Engagement
- Nyack School of Music Students on Harry Connick Jr. Show
- What Is Love? Nyack Rockland Artists Answer the Question
- American Red Cross Blood Drive at Nyack College
- Founder/CEO Evelyn Bautista-Miller Is CSGE Colloquium Speaker
- ATS Missions Retreat at Mount Crescent House
- Academic Year 2017-2018 Applications Being Accepted for Student Leaders
- Nyack Rockland Associate Dean Wanda Velez, a Hope Gathering Speaker
- MARCH 2: An Authors' Talk Hosted by Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Program
- Fifth Anniversary Celebration & Silent Auction to Benefit Empower Program
- Student Spotlight: Jill Kim, AGSC Marriage and Family Therapy Major
- Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, C&MA Metro District Women's Retreat Speaker
- Browse Blog Archive>>