Former Nyack/ATS President, Dr. David Rambo, At Home With Jesus
Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary (ATS) learned that former Nyack/ATS president, Dr. David Rambo went home to be with the Lord on Friday, March 11. Dr. Rambo served as president of the College and Seminary from 1982 to 1987 and returned to serve as president of ATS from 1996 to 2000. He was elected eighth president of the U.S. Christian and Missionary Alliance at the C&MA’s Centennial Council in 1987.
Dr. Rambo's distinguished service to the Alliance and to the body of Christ included his tenure as vice president of U.S. C&MA Overseas Ministries (1979–1982) and president of Canadian Bible College and Canadian Theological Seminary (1972–1978), where he was once a professor of world missions. With his precious wife, Ruth, (who predeceased him in 2011) he served as a missionary in the Philippines (1961–1970).
Nyack/ATS alumnus and current dean of Alliance Theological Seminary, Dr. Ron Walborn fondly remembers the man who became his prayer partner when President Rambo travelled with students on a World Missions in Review trip during spring break.
"We drew names out of a hat to choose someone to pray with during the trip. Amazingly, I drew President Rambo's name and he drew mine giving us double the time to pray together. For the next seven days we prayed together every day on that tour bus. For the next 30+ years, I would receive a call almost every month and hear that familiar voice, "Walborn, I'm still praying for you. What's on the list today?"
At the seminary's 50th anniversary in 2010, Dr. Rambo applauded how the legacy of Dr. A.B. Simpson was being carried out by Nyack/ATS and remarked that Dr. Simpson would be blessed. He also commented on the importance of online education. "Many major universities now are into online education. I think online education is the future,” he said. It’s the only way some people are going to get to college.” In its commitment to providing opportunities and access to Christian higher education, Nyack/ATS is indeed expanding its online degree programs.
The campus community extends prayers to the loved ones of Dr. David Rambo and will announce final arrangements when the family makes that information available.
- Negocios Now "40 under 40" List Showcases Nyack Alumna Kathia Benitez
- March 15-17: Latino Pastoral Action Center Hosts 2018 Legacy Conference
- Music Faculty and Students Perform With Opera Star in Kansas City, MO
- Schedule Your Nyack College Visit
- MARCH 15: Writing Center's March Event: The Book of Elyon with Emmanuel Jean-Pierre
- MARCH 21: Bach's 333rd Birthday Bash!
- Metro District Women's Spring Retreat Registration In Progress
- Seminary Chapel Concludes Black History Month With Pastor Donna Baptiste
- Dr. Anita Underwood, a Panelist on Christian Radio Network
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: DeLissa Dixon
- Nyack Student Leaders at Christian Cultural Center's C3 Youth Ministry
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Althea Session-Lovett
- Nyack Alumna Tiffany Burnett ('05), a Boca Raton, FL Entrepreneur
- Spring Edition of The Forum Published
- OFFICIAL STATEMENT: Remembering God's General, Dr. Billy Graham
- Online Christian Colleges Ranks Nyack College
- Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- Shaun Jacobs-Patterson ('12) Named Senior Pastor at Trenton, NJ Church
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Isaac Foster
- Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Browse Blog Archive>>