RELEASE: Fall 2016 New Degree in Gospel Music Performance Coming to Nyack NYC
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Nyack College Manhattan Campus
Will Offer Gospel Performance Degree
Fall 2016 is the launch date for the
new undergraduate degree program
NEW YORK, NY—The New York State Education Department has approved a groundbreaking new Nyack College bachelor’s degree program in Gospel Music Performance, which will be offered for the first time in the fall 2016 semester at the Manhattan campus located at 2 Washington Street in Battery Park.
The 120-credit program includes core courses required of all Bachelor of Music degrees. The program’s courses include Gospel Music History, Worship Leading, Applied (private) Lessons in Gospel Music Performance, Gospel Instrumental Playing, Jazz/Gospel Music Harmony, and Gospel Music Improvisation and Arranging. These and supporting courses, such as Music Business and Music Technology, will be offered along with a strong classical background, including the Bible and Ministry minor.
Nyack’s new Gospel Touring Ensemble, founded by Prof. Darryl Jordan and under the direction of Prof. Willana Mack (pictured above), toured Italy in December. The dynamic group also recently performed in the chambers of the New York City Council.
Assistant Dean of the Nyack NYC School of Music, Dr. Sue Lane Talley adds, “We are thrilled with the opportunity and the visionary spirit of our administration who have made this exciting major happen for us. We are also very pleased that our educational accreditors recognize the value of such a program, which is unique among majors throughout the country.”
Celebrated guests lecturers are anticipated. Dr. Damien Sneed, vocal coach, conductor, composer and arranger, is Artist in Residence at Nyack's Manhattan campus, who teaches classes and provides private lessons. Through his involvement, Nyack's music program and its students have become known to popular gospel artists and venues.
For further information about Nyack’s Gospel Music degree program, please contact Ms. Autumn-Carol Nova, Nyack New York City School of Music administrator, at (646) 378-6188 or via email at Autumn.Nova@nyack.edu.
Read an exciting Washington Post article featuring Nyack's NYC School of Music here.
- Nyack College School of Music December Concerts
- A Year of Jubilee for the School of Education
- Dr. Louis DeCaro Awarded John Brown Society Silver Medal
- THE CAUSE: Supporting Educators in Urban Schools
- Nyack Students and Faculty in Christmas Music at the Mall
- Writing Center's "Grand Slam" Postponed Until Spring Semester
- A Christmas Tradition: The Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Four Women Volleyball Players on All-Academic Team
- CCCU Leadership Institute Member Rahn Franklin Visits Nyack
- Carol & Candlelight Tour Marks 69th Year
- WNYK Interviews Cast Members of "In the Heights"
- Alumna Alyssa Cruz Presents on Technology-Infused and Data-Driven Lesson Planning
- #GivingTuesday for Nyack's Seminario Teológico de Puerto Rico
- Three Nyack Warriors on 2017 Men's Soccer All-Academic Team
- Nyack Athletes in the Kitchen for Community Thanksgiving Dinner
- Nyack College In Top 20 Schools for Environment on 2018 Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education U.S. College Rankings
- Christian Medical & Dental Association NYC Chapter Holds "Care for the Soul" Conference
- RELEASE: Nyack's Campus in Puerto Rico Leads Community Outreach
- WNYK 88.7FM November Alumni Spotlight: Grace Williams ('15)
- Dr. Lyndell O'Hara - Colloquium Speaker
- The Forum, Vol. 2., Issue 2
- Opening Day for National Hispanic Education Summit and Scholars Symposium
- NOV 8-9: Scholars Symposium and National Hispanic Education Summit at Nyack
- Seminario Teológico de Puerto Rico...Firm and Persevering!
- Nyack Warriors Fight Strong for Breast Cancer Awareness
- Browse Blog Archive>>