RELEASE: Fall 2016 New Degree in Gospel Music Performance Coming to Nyack NYC
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Nyack College Manhattan Campus
Will Offer Gospel Performance Degree
Fall 2016 is the launch date for the
new undergraduate degree program
NEW YORK, NY—The New York State Education Department has approved a groundbreaking new Nyack College bachelor’s degree program in Gospel Music Performance, which will be offered for the first time in the fall 2016 semester at the Manhattan campus located at 2 Washington Street in Battery Park.
The 120-credit program includes core courses required of all Bachelor of Music degrees. The program’s courses include Gospel Music History, Worship Leading, Applied (private) Lessons in Gospel Music Performance, Gospel Instrumental Playing, Jazz/Gospel Music Harmony, and Gospel Music Improvisation and Arranging. These and supporting courses, such as Music Business and Music Technology, will be offered along with a strong classical background, including the Bible and Ministry minor.
Nyack’s new Gospel Touring Ensemble, founded by Prof. Darryl Jordan and under the direction of Prof. Willana Mack (pictured above), toured Italy in December. The dynamic group also recently performed in the chambers of the New York City Council.
Assistant Dean of the Nyack NYC School of Music, Dr. Sue Lane Talley adds, “We are thrilled with the opportunity and the visionary spirit of our administration who have made this exciting major happen for us. We are also very pleased that our educational accreditors recognize the value of such a program, which is unique among majors throughout the country.”
Celebrated guests lecturers are anticipated. Dr. Damien Sneed, vocal coach, conductor, composer and arranger, is Artist in Residence at Nyack's Manhattan campus, who teaches classes and provides private lessons. Through his involvement, Nyack's music program and its students have become known to popular gospel artists and venues.
For further information about Nyack’s Gospel Music degree program, please contact Ms. Autumn-Carol Nova, Nyack New York City School of Music administrator, at (646) 378-6188 or via email at [email protected]
Read an exciting Washington Post article featuring Nyack's NYC School of Music here.
- FEB 25: Nyack Student Leaders at Christian Cultural Center's C3 Youth Ministry
- FEB 27: Dr. Anita Underwood, a WMCA Networking Breakfast Panelist
- FEB 28: Deadline for Endowed Scholarship Applications
- FEB 28 Seminary Chapel Concludes Black History Month With Pastor Donna Baptiste
- FEB 24: Prof. Shelley Jameson and School of Music Alumnae in Concert
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Althea Session-Lovett
- Nyack Alumna Tiffany Burnett ('05), a Boca Raton, FL Entrepreneur
- Spring Edition of The Forum Published
- OFFICIAL STATEMENT: Remembering God's General, Dr. Billy Graham
- Online Christian Colleges Ranks Nyack College
- Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- Shaun Jacobs-Patterson ('12) Named Senior Pastor at Trenton, NJ Church
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Isaac Foster
- Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Nyack New York City School of Music Student on "Harry" TV Show
- Screening of Documentary, "13th"
- Katalina Padilla: Being the Change
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Dr. Cleotha Robertson
- Feb 15: Screening of "13th" on Nyack Rockland Campus
- School of Education Dean Updates Program Accreditations
- Browse Blog Archive>>