RELEASE: Fall 2016 New Degree in Gospel Music Performance Coming to Nyack NYC
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Nyack College Manhattan Campus
Will Offer Gospel Performance Degree
Fall 2016 is the launch date for the
new undergraduate degree program
NEW YORK, NY—The New York State Education Department has approved a groundbreaking new Nyack College bachelor’s degree program in Gospel Music Performance, which will be offered for the first time in the fall 2016 semester at the Manhattan campus located at 2 Washington Street in Battery Park.
The 120-credit program includes core courses required of all Bachelor of Music degrees. The program’s courses include Gospel Music History, Worship Leading, Applied (private) Lessons in Gospel Music Performance, Gospel Instrumental Playing, Jazz/Gospel Music Harmony, and Gospel Music Improvisation and Arranging. These and supporting courses, such as Music Business and Music Technology, will be offered along with a strong classical background, including the Bible and Ministry minor.
Nyack’s new Gospel Touring Ensemble, founded by Prof. Darryl Jordan and under the direction of Prof. Willana Mack (pictured above), toured Italy in December. The dynamic group also recently performed in the chambers of the New York City Council.
Assistant Dean of the Nyack NYC School of Music, Dr. Sue Lane Talley adds, “We are thrilled with the opportunity and the visionary spirit of our administration who have made this exciting major happen for us. We are also very pleased that our educational accreditors recognize the value of such a program, which is unique among majors throughout the country.”
Celebrated guests lecturers are anticipated. Dr. Damien Sneed, vocal coach, conductor, composer and arranger, is Artist in Residence at Nyack's Manhattan campus, who teaches classes and provides private lessons. Through his involvement, Nyack's music program and its students have become known to popular gospel artists and venues.
For further information about Nyack’s Gospel Music degree program, please contact Ms. Autumn-Carol Nova, Nyack New York City School of Music administrator, at (646) 378-6188 or via email at Autumn.Nova@nyack.edu.
Read an exciting Washington Post article featuring Nyack's NYC School of Music here.
- New Edition of The Forum Published
- March 29: The Amasi Trio in Concert
- OPENING MARCH 31: Nyack's Spring Play: The Importance of Being Earnest
- MARCH 31: Nyack College and Local Entrepreneurs to Compete for Over $22,000 in Prizes
- Nyack College Opera Workshop Presents Verdi's "La Traviata"
- MARCH 25: Dr. Guy Waters - Plenary Speaker for Evangelical Theological Society Conference
- Nyack Alumna, Kathia Benitez Is Director of sustainNU program at Northwestern University
- Alliance Graduate School of Counseling Reunion at NYC Campus
- Bach's 332nd Birthday Bash
- The Gates Way to Medieval Times
- March 18: Hudson River Pianofest 2017 at Nyack College
- President Michael G. Scales to Begin New Term on CICU Board
- Udo Middelmann Returns to Nyack College for Colloquium on Civic Engagement
- Nyack School of Music Students on Harry Connick Jr. Show
- What Is Love? Nyack Rockland Artists Answer the Question
- American Red Cross Blood Drive at Nyack College
- Founder/CEO Evelyn Bautista-Miller Is CSGE Colloquium Speaker
- ATS Missions Retreat at Mount Crescent House
- Academic Year 2017-2018 Applications Being Accepted for Student Leaders
- Nyack Rockland Associate Dean Wanda Velez, a Hope Gathering Speaker
- MARCH 2: An Authors' Talk Hosted by Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Program
- Fifth Anniversary Celebration & Silent Auction to Benefit Empower Program
- Student Spotlight: Jill Kim, AGSC Marriage and Family Therapy Major
- Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, C&MA Metro District Women's Retreat Speaker
- Browse Blog Archive>>