10th "Birthday" Celebration for ATS Alumna, Jessica Schaeffer
We’re saying happy 10th birthday to Alliance Theological Seminary 2002 alumna, Jessica Schaeffer!
It was a joyous celebration at Koutiala Hospital for Women and Children in Mali where Jessica is Director of Nursing Regional. Local officials, community members, and former employers from America, Germany, and Holland gathered to observe the 10th year since the inception of Koutiala Hospital. The first Malian baby born at the hospital was also present to help cut the hospital’s "birthday cake."
Jessica’s Malian journey began in 2006 after language study. Her tenure with the hospital began in 2007, primarily in nursing education and anesthesia. By 2010, she was named nursing director.
“The nursing department has grown to over 100 nurses and nurse’s aides,” she shares. In the past ten years, this medical outreach has treated more than 80,000 patients; delivered approximately 17,000 babies, and performed more than 6,000 surgeries. The hospital is a beacon of light in the community and the region providing much needed quality health care.
Jessica attended nursing school before the Nyack College School of Nursing was established. Following graduation from nursing school, she earned her Master of Divinity degree at the ATS Rockland campus.
Her passion to follow God’s call on her life has not diminished over the past decade. In fact she says, “God has recently raised up Malian nursing leaders, who I am training to manage the various nursing services at the hospital, with the hopes of passing the Director of Nursing baton on to a Malian nurse in late 2016.” She looks forward to being more involved in outreach and discipleship as she works with the national church there.
- Celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Nyack Community Remembers NYC Music Student Curtis Crum III
- 13 of Nyack's Fall Athletes Recognized for Their Academic Excellence
- Dr. Jacqueline Washington Contributes to Research Article in Nature Microbiology
- Nyack's School of Music Headlines Concert at David Geffen Hall, Lincoln Center
- Global Service-Learning Director Updates on Nyack/ATS Teams in Israel
- Global Service-Learning Trip in Cuba with Drs. Ron and Wanda Walborn
- Winterim: ATS in Israel with Dr. Bryan Widbin
- ATS Alumni Among 2017 Pastors' Prayer Summit Leaders
- Globetrotting--the Nyack Way
- Soo-il Lee Recognized by Korean American Behavioral Health Association
- In Memoriam [Ring out, wild bells] by Lord Alfred Tennyson
- What You Can Discover at Nyack
- Steve Gardner (NC '87; ATS '94) Making Snowflakes
- Marcus Jugenheimer: A Major in God's Army
- The Gift of Mentoring at Nyack for Sneha Chrispal
- The Nyack Story: More Than Numbers by Provost David Turk
- Dr. Gerard Becker Co-authors Award Winning Paper
- Staff Highlight: Mr. Dan Bailey, Director of Admissions, Rockland Campus
- A Love Gift at Home for the Holidays
- West Side Story Off-Broadway...A Successful Eight-Show Run
- Nyack Rockland School of Music Winter Concert
- West Side Story Wows Audiences
- Isa Agape: A WNYK Interview and Worship & Praise Night Leader
- Telling the Nyack Story
- Browse Blog Archive>>