10th "Birthday" Celebration for ATS Alumna, Jessica Schaeffer
We’re saying happy 10th birthday to Alliance Theological Seminary 2002 alumna, Jessica Schaeffer!
It was a joyous celebration at Koutiala Hospital for Women and Children in Mali where Jessica is Director of Nursing Regional. Local officials, community members, and former employers from America, Germany, and Holland gathered to observe the 10th year since the inception of Koutiala Hospital. The first Malian baby born at the hospital was also present to help cut the hospital’s "birthday cake."
Jessica’s Malian journey began in 2006 after language study. Her tenure with the hospital began in 2007, primarily in nursing education and anesthesia. By 2010, she was named nursing director.
“The nursing department has grown to over 100 nurses and nurse’s aides,” she shares. In the past ten years, this medical outreach has treated more than 80,000 patients; delivered approximately 17,000 babies, and performed more than 6,000 surgeries. The hospital is a beacon of light in the community and the region providing much needed quality health care.
Jessica attended nursing school before the Nyack College School of Nursing was established. Following graduation from nursing school, she earned her Master of Divinity degree at the ATS Rockland campus.
Her passion to follow God’s call on her life has not diminished over the past decade. In fact she says, “God has recently raised up Malian nursing leaders, who I am training to manage the various nursing services at the hospital, with the hopes of passing the Director of Nursing baton on to a Malian nurse in late 2016.” She looks forward to being more involved in outreach and discipleship as she works with the national church there.
- The Forum....Issue #6
- Nyack's Wakefield Wins CACC Conference Golf Championship
- Jonathan Demme, a Nyack Organizational Leadership Guest Speaker
- Nyack Honor Society Students Celebrated
- Summer 2017 Research Grants for Nyack Faculty Announced
- Issachah Savage Conducts Masterclass for Nyack Music Students
- Nyack College Helps Keep Rockland Beautiful
- APRIL 23: Nyack's "La Traviata" Performance Will Benefit Ottawa, IL Tornado Victims
- Warriors Men’s Soccer Loses 4-3 to United States Military Academy in Spring Finale
- Nyack Music Faculty/Alumnus ('09) Carlos Cuestas at Watchung Arts Center
- Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary 2017 Commencement
- Fishing Club Fundraiser
- Bill Roesch of Impact Paterson Begins Coaching Business Venture Competition Winners
- Nyack Bio Students Present at SEA PHAGES Conference
- High Praise in the Lincoln Center "Sanctuary"
- Winners of the Nyack College 2017 Student Research Conference Announced
- Dean Wanda Velez--a Panelist for Women in Leadership Conference
- Dr. James Danaher, INDIES Book of the Year Awards Finalist
- The Art of Photography With Rebecca Przywara
- Dr. Lawrence Resseler Conducts School of Social Work Seminar
- English Department Welcomes Author Steven Florczyk to the Nyack Rockland Campus
- CSGE Colloquium Features Dr. Larry Poston
- The Music of Dr. Tammy Lum Featured on WWFM.org., the Classical Network
- CSGE Releases Digital Brochure for April 4 Student Research Conference
- Nyack College School of Business Hosts Competition for Local Entrepreneurs
- Browse Blog Archive>>