10th "Birthday" Celebration for ATS Alumna, Jessica Schaeffer
We’re saying happy 10th birthday to Alliance Theological Seminary 2002 alumna, Jessica Schaeffer!
It was a joyous celebration at Koutiala Hospital for Women and Children in Mali where Jessica is Director of Nursing Regional. Local officials, community members, and former employers from America, Germany, and Holland gathered to observe the 10th year since the inception of Koutiala Hospital. The first Malian baby born at the hospital was also present to help cut the hospital’s "birthday cake."
Jessica’s Malian journey began in 2006 after language study. Her tenure with the hospital began in 2007, primarily in nursing education and anesthesia. By 2010, she was named nursing director.
“The nursing department has grown to over 100 nurses and nurse’s aides,” she shares. In the past ten years, this medical outreach has treated more than 80,000 patients; delivered approximately 17,000 babies, and performed more than 6,000 surgeries. The hospital is a beacon of light in the community and the region providing much needed quality health care.
Jessica attended nursing school before the Nyack College School of Nursing was established. Following graduation from nursing school, she earned her Master of Divinity degree at the ATS Rockland campus.
Her passion to follow God’s call on her life has not diminished over the past decade. In fact she says, “God has recently raised up Malian nursing leaders, who I am training to manage the various nursing services at the hospital, with the hopes of passing the Director of Nursing baton on to a Malian nurse in late 2016.” She looks forward to being more involved in outreach and discipleship as she works with the national church there.
- OCT 24-26: Office of Spiritual Formation Hosts Prayer Summit with Dave Powers
- OCT 26: Fall Colloquium at Nyack Rockland on Civic Engagement
- NOV 2-3: Eighth Annual Nyack Scholars Symposium
- Education Conference at Alliance Theological Seminary with Dr. Eric Mazur
- Barb Shiffer: Well Done, Good and Faithful Servant!
- Get Tickets for Nyack's Production of West Side Story!
- Cast Your Vote for Josh and Jaclyn Blanchard!
- Remembering Tryphena Ramcharitar
- Every Day A Gift Concert, Music Prof and Transplant Recipient, Sungrai Sohn
- Service of Remembrance for Social Work Major Utopia Campbell
- ATS Alumna Karen Goff is VP at Agnes Scott College
- Alumna Rynae Rasley Joins U.S. Air Force Academy Coaching Staff
- Qian Ye, Nyack Alumna Featured in Global Mural Conference
- Celebrating the Service of a Pioneer: Drusila Nieves
- Listen Up! Nyack's WNYK 88.7FM
- 2016 CCCU Diversity Conference
- Coming to Nyack: A Science & Technology Entry Program (STEP) for Youth
- Holly Nichols: Keeping the Nyack Founder's Vision Alive
- Nyack President, Professors and Staff Are CCCU Diversity Conference Presenters
- Nyack Among Alliance Colleges Featured in Special Fall ALife
- A Prayer Walk From NYC to Chicago With ATS Alumnus Al Taylor
- Nyack Team at Sixth Annual Interfaith and Community Service Campus Challenge
- DEEPER LIFE SERIES: With Jon Tyson
- Seven Years Strong: Nyack's Rites of Passage Initiation Ceremony
- Nyack College Among Top Ethnically Diverse Regional Schools in the U.S.
- Browse Blog Archive>>