10th "Birthday" Celebration for ATS Alumna, Jessica Schaeffer
We’re saying happy 10th birthday to Alliance Theological Seminary 2002 alumna, Jessica Schaeffer!
It was a joyous celebration at Koutiala Hospital for Women and Children in Mali where Jessica is Director of Nursing Regional. Local officials, community members, and former employers from America, Germany, and Holland gathered to observe the 10th year since the inception of Koutiala Hospital. The first Malian baby born at the hospital was also present to help cut the hospital’s "birthday cake."
Jessica’s Malian journey began in 2006 after language study. Her tenure with the hospital began in 2007, primarily in nursing education and anesthesia. By 2010, she was named nursing director.
“The nursing department has grown to over 100 nurses and nurse’s aides,” she shares. In the past ten years, this medical outreach has treated more than 80,000 patients; delivered approximately 17,000 babies, and performed more than 6,000 surgeries. The hospital is a beacon of light in the community and the region providing much needed quality health care.
Jessica attended nursing school before the Nyack College School of Nursing was established. Following graduation from nursing school, she earned her Master of Divinity degree at the ATS Rockland campus.
Her passion to follow God’s call on her life has not diminished over the past decade. In fact she says, “God has recently raised up Malian nursing leaders, who I am training to manage the various nursing services at the hospital, with the hopes of passing the Director of Nursing baton on to a Malian nurse in late 2016.” She looks forward to being more involved in outreach and discipleship as she works with the national church there.
- Nyack at its Best...Serving Others
- MAY 31: Nyack Scholars Symposium Presentation Proposal Deadline
- Nyack Artists Featured in East Village Multimedia Showcase
- Pastor Charles Galbreath Special Guest on Donna Baptiste Ministries Radio Broadcast
- School of Music Profs Conduct Three-Day Vocal/Opera Institute
- Nyack Alumnus Dr. Ty Buckman Named Provost at Mary Baldwin University
- 2017 Grads Are Nyack's Inaugural Class of Biology Majors
- Nyack Grads on "Good Morning, America" Segment
- Commitment to Mission Awards to Dean Glenn Koponen and Dean Wanda Velez
- The Legacy of Service at Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary
- Soccer Team Online Fundraiser
- Dr. Ron Walborn at Christian Health Care Center on "Embracing Your Grief"
- NATIONAL NURSES WEEK: Cheryle Phenicie, R.N.
- Celebrating the School of Nursing's "Surviving Six"
- Class of 2017....You Did It!
- The Nyack College Fishing Club's Big Catch
- Non-Profit Awards Dr. Jackie Washington Fellowship for Ecology Project in Costa Rica
- Seventh Year for Woman...Rite of Passage Ceremony
- Meet the 2017-2018 NYC Campus Student Government Officers
- The Forum....Issue #6
- Nyack's Wakefield Wins CACC Conference Golf Championship
- Jonathan Demme, a Nyack Organizational Leadership Guest Speaker
- Nyack Honor Society Students Celebrated
- Summer 2017 Research Grants for Nyack Faculty Announced
- Issachah Savage Conducts Masterclass for Nyack Music Students
- Browse Blog Archive>>