10th "Birthday" Celebration for ATS Alumna, Jessica Schaeffer
We’re saying happy 10th birthday to Alliance Theological Seminary 2002 alumna, Jessica Schaeffer!
It was a joyous celebration at Koutiala Hospital for Women and Children in Mali where Jessica is Director of Nursing Regional. Local officials, community members, and former employers from America, Germany, and Holland gathered to observe the 10th year since the inception of Koutiala Hospital. The first Malian baby born at the hospital was also present to help cut the hospital’s "birthday cake."
Jessica’s Malian journey began in 2006 after language study. Her tenure with the hospital began in 2007, primarily in nursing education and anesthesia. By 2010, she was named nursing director.
“The nursing department has grown to over 100 nurses and nurse’s aides,” she shares. In the past ten years, this medical outreach has treated more than 80,000 patients; delivered approximately 17,000 babies, and performed more than 6,000 surgeries. The hospital is a beacon of light in the community and the region providing much needed quality health care.
Jessica attended nursing school before the Nyack College School of Nursing was established. Following graduation from nursing school, she earned her Master of Divinity degree at the ATS Rockland campus.
Her passion to follow God’s call on her life has not diminished over the past decade. In fact she says, “God has recently raised up Malian nursing leaders, who I am training to manage the various nursing services at the hospital, with the hopes of passing the Director of Nursing baton on to a Malian nurse in late 2016.” She looks forward to being more involved in outreach and discipleship as she works with the national church there.
- MARCH 25: Dr. Guy Waters - Plenary Speaker for Evangelical Theological Society Conference
- Nyack's Spring Production: The Importance of Being Earnest
- Nyack Alumna, Kathia Benitez Is Director of sustainNU program at Northwestern University
- Alliance Graduate School of Counseling Reunion at NYC Campus
- Bach's 332nd Birthday Bash
- Nyack College Opera Workshop Presents Verdi's "La Traviata"
- The Gates Way to Medieval Times
- March 18: Hudson River Pianofest 2017 at Nyack College
- President Michael G. Scales to Begin New Term on CICU Board
- Udo Middelmann Returns to Nyack College for Colloquium on Civic Engagement
- Nyack School of Music Students on Harry Connick Jr. Show
- What Is Love? Nyack Rockland Artists Answer the Question
- American Red Cross Blood Drive at Nyack College
- Founder/CEO Evelyn Bautista-Miller Is CSGE Colloquium Speaker
- ATS Missions Retreat at Mount Crescent House
- Nyack College and Local Entrepreneurs to Compete for Over $22,000 in Prizes
- Academic Year 2017-2018 Applications Being Accepted for Student Leaders
- Nyack Rockland Associate Dean Wanda Velez, a Hope Gathering Speaker
- MARCH 2: An Authors' Talk Hosted by Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Program
- Fifth Anniversary Celebration & Silent Auction to Benefit Empower Program
- Student Spotlight: Jill Kim, AGSC Marriage and Family Therapy Major
- Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, C&MA Metro District Women's Retreat Speaker
- WNYK Pays Tribute to Black History Month
- Feb 18: School of Music's Noel Wippler, a Featured Artist in Mid-Atlantic Jazz Festival
- Browse Blog Archive>>