Nyack College To Launch 29 Online Degree Programs This Year!
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Nyack College Expansion Online
Graduate and undergraduate
degree programs will be launched this year
NYACK, NY— Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary is launching 29 cohort-based online degree programs this year, offering an alternative for students who want to pursue a values-based, quality Christian education while meeting the demands of their careers and other personal commitments.
In today’s digitally-driven world, online education is an increasingly strategic component of higher education. Consistent with founder A.B. Simpson’s vision to educate and develop leaders who will address the physical, social, and emotional needs of people around the globe, online studies will make that mandate a reality—providing exponentially greater access.
President Michael G. Scales says of this bold move “The mission of Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary is to prepare men and women to love and serve all people. Nyack online will significantly expand our capacity to send graduates into all walks of life prepared to make a difference. I am grateful and excited for this opportunity.”
Twenty-five of the online degree programs are graduate studies in business, education, seminary, counseling, and music. Also on the impressive roster of new programs are undergraduate degree completion programs in organizational, church, and healthcare management. Of the 29 programs starting this year, fourteen will begin as summer cohorts followed by fifteen fall cohorts. Nine more programs will be added in the 2017 fall semester.
Director of Nyack College Online Education Dr. Lisa Steiner (pictured above) has high expectations for this unprecedented expansion of programs. “Nyack College has strategically packaged its online offerings in a way that does not compromise rigor or quality for flexibility,” she says. “Besides leveraging technology, the cohort model gives the added advantage of built-in peer and instructor support needed to help ensure the end goal of a completed degree is met.
Nyack’s core values of being academically excellent, globally engaged, intentionally diverse, personally transforming, and socially relevant will seamlessly transfer to the quality of online studies. The same extraordinary faculty who teach the professionally accredited programs on Nyack’s New York campuses will also bring their expertise to the online classes.
For more information about this groundbreaking expansion of Nyack College, click here.
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Nyack New York City School of Music Student on "Harry" TV Show
- Screening of Documentary, "13th"
- Katalina Padilla: Being the Change
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Dr. Cleotha Robertson
- Feb 15: Screening of "13th" on Nyack Rockland Campus
- Feb 22: Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- February 28: Deadline for Endowed Scholarship Applications
- School of Education Dean Updates Program Accreditations
- Nyack's WNYK 88.7 FM Warrior Radio Airs Black History Month Features
- Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium Series
- Athletes Leadership Conference at Nyack College
- How a Nyack Sports Hero Was Celebrated
- First Hudson Link/Nyack College Graduation at Taconic Correctional Facility
- January 29-31: Deeper Life Series Speaker is Dr. Jonathan Shaw
- "Dan Bailey Day" at Nyack
- Head Men's Basketball Coach Jason Crafton on WNYK
- WNYK 88.7FM January Alumni Spotlight: Orlando Suazo
- 2018 Empower Retreat Attendees From 51 Churches and Seven States
- Nyack Scholarship and Global Engagement Director Heads Peace and Hope International
- School of Music Art Series Features Pianist Hui-Mei Lin
- Spiritual Life at Nyack College: Chapel Services
- Browse Blog Archive>>