Nyack College To Launch 29 Online Degree Programs This Year!
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Nyack College Expansion Online
Graduate and undergraduate
degree programs will be launched this year
NYACK, NY— Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary is launching 29 cohort-based online degree programs this year, offering an alternative for students who want to pursue a values-based, quality Christian education while meeting the demands of their careers and other personal commitments.
In today’s digitally-driven world, online education is an increasingly strategic component of higher education. Consistent with founder A.B. Simpson’s vision to educate and develop leaders who will address the physical, social, and emotional needs of people around the globe, online studies will make that mandate a reality—providing exponentially greater access.
President Michael G. Scales says of this bold move “The mission of Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary is to prepare men and women to love and serve all people. Nyack online will significantly expand our capacity to send graduates into all walks of life prepared to make a difference. I am grateful and excited for this opportunity.”
Twenty-five of the online degree programs are graduate studies in business, education, seminary, counseling, and music. Also on the impressive roster of new programs are undergraduate degree completion programs in organizational, church, and healthcare management. Of the 29 programs starting this year, fourteen will begin as summer cohorts followed by fifteen fall cohorts. Nine more programs will be added in the 2017 fall semester.
Director of Nyack College Online Education Dr. Lisa Steiner (pictured above) has high expectations for this unprecedented expansion of programs. “Nyack College has strategically packaged its online offerings in a way that does not compromise rigor or quality for flexibility,” she says. “Besides leveraging technology, the cohort model gives the added advantage of built-in peer and instructor support needed to help ensure the end goal of a completed degree is met.
Nyack’s core values of being academically excellent, globally engaged, intentionally diverse, personally transforming, and socially relevant will seamlessly transfer to the quality of online studies. The same extraordinary faculty who teach the professionally accredited programs on Nyack’s New York campuses will also bring their expertise to the online classes.
For more information about this groundbreaking expansion of Nyack College, click here.
- SEPT 28: Nyack's WNYK 88.7FM Launch Party
- Every Day A Gift Concert: Music Prof and Transplant Recipient, Sungrai Sohn
- Holly Nichols: Keeping the Nyack Founder's Vision Alive
- Nyack President, Professors and Staff Are CCCU Diversity Conference Presenters
- Nyack Among Alliance Colleges Featured in Special Fall ALife
- A Prayer Walk From NYC to Chicago With ATS Alumnus Al Taylor
- Nyack Team at Sixth Annual Interfaith and Community Service Campus Challenge
- DEEPER LIFE SERIES: With Jon Tyson
- Seven Years Strong: Nyack's Rites of Passage Initiation Ceremony
- Nyack College Among Top Ethnically Diverse Regional Schools in the U.S.
- Chelsea Geyer (NC '12) Golf Classic Luncheon Speaker
- 15 Years Later...We Still Remember
- Go Fish...Again!
- Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary to Be Highlighted on "Pursuing God" Broadcast
- Register for the Nyack Leadership Speaker Series Lecture With Peter Irvine
- CCCU 2016 Diversity Conference at Nyack NYC
- Alumni Jazz Musicians RSVP ASAP For This Homecoming Gig
- Amanda Halter, A Lady Warrior in Germany
- Jose Heredia (NC '09) at the Rose Nagelberg Theatre in Manhattan
- Carol Ann Freeman and Bonita D'Amil...Hearts for Hungary
- Gabrielle Do Goes Global With Her Spoken Word Artistry
- Nyack College Golf Classic Returns to Historic Saint Andrew's
- Go Fish! or The Adventures of Dr. Peter Park
- ATS Dean Announces New Role: ATS Director, Dr. Louis DeCaro, Jr.
- Nyack's Historic Excavation: Something to Write Home About
- Browse Blog Archive>>