Nyack College To Launch 29 Online Degree Programs This Year!
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Nyack College Expansion Online
Graduate and undergraduate
degree programs will be launched this year
NYACK, NY— Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary is launching 29 cohort-based online degree programs this year, offering an alternative for students who want to pursue a values-based, quality Christian education while meeting the demands of their careers and other personal commitments.
In today’s digitally-driven world, online education is an increasingly strategic component of higher education. Consistent with founder A.B. Simpson’s vision to educate and develop leaders who will address the physical, social, and emotional needs of people around the globe, online studies will make that mandate a reality—providing exponentially greater access.
President Michael G. Scales says of this bold move “The mission of Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary is to prepare men and women to love and serve all people. Nyack online will significantly expand our capacity to send graduates into all walks of life prepared to make a difference. I am grateful and excited for this opportunity.”
Twenty-five of the online degree programs are graduate studies in business, education, seminary, counseling, and music. Also on the impressive roster of new programs are undergraduate degree completion programs in organizational, church, and healthcare management. Of the 29 programs starting this year, fourteen will begin as summer cohorts followed by fifteen fall cohorts. Nine more programs will be added in the 2017 fall semester.
Director of Nyack College Online Education Dr. Lisa Steiner (pictured above) has high expectations for this unprecedented expansion of programs. “Nyack College has strategically packaged its online offerings in a way that does not compromise rigor or quality for flexibility,” she says. “Besides leveraging technology, the cohort model gives the added advantage of built-in peer and instructor support needed to help ensure the end goal of a completed degree is met.
Nyack’s core values of being academically excellent, globally engaged, intentionally diverse, personally transforming, and socially relevant will seamlessly transfer to the quality of online studies. The same extraordinary faculty who teach the professionally accredited programs on Nyack’s New York campuses will also bring their expertise to the online classes.
For more information about this groundbreaking expansion of Nyack College, click here.
- Academic Year 2017-2018 Applications Being Accepted for Student Leaders
- Student Spotlight: Jill Kim, AGSC Marriage and Family Therapy Major
- MARCH 2: An Authors' Talk Hosted by Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Program
- MARCH 3: Nyack Rockland Associate Dean Wanda Velez, a Hope Gathering Speaker
- Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, C&MA Metro District Women's Retreat Speaker
- WNYK Pays Tribute to Black History Month
- Feb 18: School of Music's Noel Wippler, a Featured Artist in Mid-Atlantic Jazz Festival
- FEB 18: Purpose Performs at Katonah Village Library
- Nyack Students Participate in NY Student Aid Alliance Event
- Recapturing the Art of Writing Love Letters
- Meet Dynamic NY Talent Trinity Rose on WNYK 88.7FM
- Accreditation Renewed for Nyack by the Association of Christian Schools International
- 2017 Alumni & Friends Phonathon Underway
- Yahoo! for Krysten Peek and Her 7-Continent Run
- Nyack Center Announces Winners of the Martin Luther King Oratory Contest
- Rev. Charles Galbreath--Nyack Chapel Speaker
- Deeper Life Series with Dr. Michael and Mrs. Lisa Plunket
- Udo Middelmann, Civic Engagement Speaker at Nyack Rockland and Nyack New York City
- ATS Alumni Among 2017 Pastors' Prayer Summit Leaders
- Dr. Jacqueline Washington Contributes to Research Article in Nature Microbiology
- Celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Nyack Community Remembers NYC Music Student Curtis Crum III
- 13 of Nyack's Fall Athletes Recognized for Their Academic Excellence
- Save the DAte for Nyack's School of Music Concert at David Geffen Hall, Lincoln Center
- Global Service-Learning Director Updates on Nyack/ATS Teams in Israel
- Browse Blog Archive>>