Nyack College To Launch 29 Online Degree Programs This Year!
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Nyack College Expansion Online
Graduate and undergraduate
degree programs will be launched this year
NYACK, NY— Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary is launching 29 cohort-based online degree programs this year, offering an alternative for students who want to pursue a values-based, quality Christian education while meeting the demands of their careers and other personal commitments.
In today’s digitally-driven world, online education is an increasingly strategic component of higher education. Consistent with founder A.B. Simpson’s vision to educate and develop leaders who will address the physical, social, and emotional needs of people around the globe, online studies will make that mandate a reality—providing exponentially greater access.
President Michael G. Scales says of this bold move “The mission of Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary is to prepare men and women to love and serve all people. Nyack online will significantly expand our capacity to send graduates into all walks of life prepared to make a difference. I am grateful and excited for this opportunity.”
Twenty-five of the online degree programs are graduate studies in business, education, seminary, counseling, and music. Also on the impressive roster of new programs are undergraduate degree completion programs in organizational, church, and healthcare management. Of the 29 programs starting this year, fourteen will begin as summer cohorts followed by fifteen fall cohorts. Nine more programs will be added in the 2017 fall semester.
Director of Nyack College Online Education Dr. Lisa Steiner (pictured above) has high expectations for this unprecedented expansion of programs. “Nyack College has strategically packaged its online offerings in a way that does not compromise rigor or quality for flexibility,” she says. “Besides leveraging technology, the cohort model gives the added advantage of built-in peer and instructor support needed to help ensure the end goal of a completed degree is met.
Nyack’s core values of being academically excellent, globally engaged, intentionally diverse, personally transforming, and socially relevant will seamlessly transfer to the quality of online studies. The same extraordinary faculty who teach the professionally accredited programs on Nyack’s New York campuses will also bring their expertise to the online classes.
For more information about this groundbreaking expansion of Nyack College, click here.
- Celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Nyack Community Remembers NYC Music Student Curtis Crum III
- 13 of Nyack's Fall Athletes Recognized for Their Academic Excellence
- Dr. Jacqueline Washington Contributes to Research Article in Nature Microbiology
- Nyack's School of Music Headlines Concert at David Geffen Hall, Lincoln Center
- Global Service-Learning Director Updates on Nyack/ATS Teams in Israel
- Global Service-Learning Trip in Cuba with Drs. Ron and Wanda Walborn
- Winterim: ATS in Israel with Dr. Bryan Widbin
- ATS Alumni Among 2017 Pastors' Prayer Summit Leaders
- Globetrotting--the Nyack Way
- Soo-il Lee Recognized by Korean American Behavioral Health Association
- In Memoriam [Ring out, wild bells] by Lord Alfred Tennyson
- What You Can Discover at Nyack
- Steve Gardner (NC '87; ATS '94) Making Snowflakes
- Marcus Jugenheimer: A Major in God's Army
- The Gift of Mentoring at Nyack for Sneha Chrispal
- The Nyack Story: More Than Numbers by Provost David Turk
- Dr. Gerard Becker Co-authors Award Winning Paper
- Staff Highlight: Mr. Dan Bailey, Director of Admissions, Rockland Campus
- A Love Gift at Home for the Holidays
- West Side Story Off-Broadway...A Successful Eight-Show Run
- Nyack Rockland School of Music Winter Concert
- West Side Story Wows Audiences
- Isa Agape: A WNYK Interview and Worship & Praise Night Leader
- Telling the Nyack Story
- Browse Blog Archive>>