Nyack College To Launch 29 Online Degree Programs This Year!
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Nyack College Expansion Online
Graduate and undergraduate
degree programs will be launched this year
NYACK, NY— Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary is launching 29 cohort-based online degree programs this year, offering an alternative for students who want to pursue a values-based, quality Christian education while meeting the demands of their careers and other personal commitments.
In today’s digitally-driven world, online education is an increasingly strategic component of higher education. Consistent with founder A.B. Simpson’s vision to educate and develop leaders who will address the physical, social, and emotional needs of people around the globe, online studies will make that mandate a reality—providing exponentially greater access.
President Michael G. Scales says of this bold move “The mission of Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary is to prepare men and women to love and serve all people. Nyack online will significantly expand our capacity to send graduates into all walks of life prepared to make a difference. I am grateful and excited for this opportunity.”
Twenty-five of the online degree programs are graduate studies in business, education, seminary, counseling, and music. Also on the impressive roster of new programs are undergraduate degree completion programs in organizational, church, and healthcare management. Of the 29 programs starting this year, fourteen will begin as summer cohorts followed by fifteen fall cohorts. Nine more programs will be added in the 2017 fall semester.
Director of Nyack College Online Education Dr. Lisa Steiner (pictured above) has high expectations for this unprecedented expansion of programs. “Nyack College has strategically packaged its online offerings in a way that does not compromise rigor or quality for flexibility,” she says. “Besides leveraging technology, the cohort model gives the added advantage of built-in peer and instructor support needed to help ensure the end goal of a completed degree is met.
Nyack’s core values of being academically excellent, globally engaged, intentionally diverse, personally transforming, and socially relevant will seamlessly transfer to the quality of online studies. The same extraordinary faculty who teach the professionally accredited programs on Nyack’s New York campuses will also bring their expertise to the online classes.
For more information about this groundbreaking expansion of Nyack College, click here.
- Summer 2017 Research Grants for Nyack Faculty Announced
- Issachah Savage Conducts Masterclass for Nyack Music Students
- Nyack College Helps Keep Rockland Beautiful
- APRIL 23: Nyack's "La Traviata" Performance Will Benefit Ottawa, IL Tornado Victims
- Warriors Men’s Soccer Loses 4-3 to United States Military Academy in Spring Finale
- Nyack Music Faculty/Alumnus ('09) Carlos Cuestas at Watchung Arts Center
- Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary 2017 Commencement
- Fishing Club Fundraiser
- Bill Roesch of Impact Paterson Begins Coaching Business Venture Competition Winners
- Nyack Bio Students Present at SEA PHAGES Conference
- High Praise in the Lincoln Center "Sanctuary"
- Winners of the Nyack College 2017 Student Research Conference Announced
- Dean Wanda Velez--a Panelist for Women in Leadership Conference
- Dr. James Danaher, INDIES Book of the Year Awards Finalist
- The Art of Photography With Rebecca Przywara
- Dr. Lawrence Resseler Conducts School of Social Work Seminar
- English Department Welcomes Author Steven Florczyk to the Nyack Rockland Campus
- CSGE Colloquium Features Dr. Larry Poston
- The Music of Dr. Tammy Lum Featured on WWFM.org., the Classical Network
- CSGE Releases Digital Brochure for April 4 Student Research Conference
- Nyack College School of Business Hosts Competition for Local Entrepreneurs
- The Amasi Trio in Concert
- Nyack Alumnus Sean Pica Named to Alliance for Higher Education in Prison Founding Board
- New Edition of The Forum Published
- MARCH 25: Dr. Guy Waters - Plenary Speaker for Evangelical Theological Society Conference
- Browse Blog Archive>>