Nyack College To Launch 29 Online Degree Programs This Year!
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Nyack College Expansion Online
Graduate and undergraduate
degree programs will be launched this year
NYACK, NY— Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary is launching 29 cohort-based online degree programs this year, offering an alternative for students who want to pursue a values-based, quality Christian education while meeting the demands of their careers and other personal commitments.
In today’s digitally-driven world, online education is an increasingly strategic component of higher education. Consistent with founder A.B. Simpson’s vision to educate and develop leaders who will address the physical, social, and emotional needs of people around the globe, online studies will make that mandate a reality—providing exponentially greater access.
President Michael G. Scales says of this bold move “The mission of Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary is to prepare men and women to love and serve all people. Nyack online will significantly expand our capacity to send graduates into all walks of life prepared to make a difference. I am grateful and excited for this opportunity.”
Twenty-five of the online degree programs are graduate studies in business, education, seminary, counseling, and music. Also on the impressive roster of new programs are undergraduate degree completion programs in organizational, church, and healthcare management. Of the 29 programs starting this year, fourteen will begin as summer cohorts followed by fifteen fall cohorts. Nine more programs will be added in the 2017 fall semester.
Director of Nyack College Online Education Dr. Lisa Steiner (pictured above) has high expectations for this unprecedented expansion of programs. “Nyack College has strategically packaged its online offerings in a way that does not compromise rigor or quality for flexibility,” she says. “Besides leveraging technology, the cohort model gives the added advantage of built-in peer and instructor support needed to help ensure the end goal of a completed degree is met.
Nyack’s core values of being academically excellent, globally engaged, intentionally diverse, personally transforming, and socially relevant will seamlessly transfer to the quality of online studies. The same extraordinary faculty who teach the professionally accredited programs on Nyack’s New York campuses will also bring their expertise to the online classes.
For more information about this groundbreaking expansion of Nyack College, click here.
- Nyack at its Best...Serving Others
- MAY 31: Nyack Scholars Symposium Presentation Proposal Deadline
- Nyack Artists Featured in East Village Multimedia Showcase
- Pastor Charles Galbreath Special Guest on Donna Baptiste Ministries Radio Broadcast
- School of Music Profs Conduct Three-Day Vocal/Opera Institute
- Nyack Alumnus Dr. Ty Buckman Named Provost at Mary Baldwin University
- 2017 Grads Are Nyack's Inaugural Class of Biology Majors
- Nyack Grads on "Good Morning, America" Segment
- Commitment to Mission Awards to Dean Glenn Koponen and Dean Wanda Velez
- The Legacy of Service at Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary
- Soccer Team Online Fundraiser
- Dr. Ron Walborn at Christian Health Care Center on "Embracing Your Grief"
- NATIONAL NURSES WEEK: Cheryle Phenicie, R.N.
- Celebrating the School of Nursing's "Surviving Six"
- Class of 2017....You Did It!
- The Nyack College Fishing Club's Big Catch
- Non-Profit Awards Dr. Jackie Washington Fellowship for Ecology Project in Costa Rica
- Seventh Year for Woman...Rite of Passage Ceremony
- Meet the 2017-2018 NYC Campus Student Government Officers
- The Forum....Issue #6
- Nyack's Wakefield Wins CACC Conference Golf Championship
- Jonathan Demme, a Nyack Organizational Leadership Guest Speaker
- Nyack Honor Society Students Celebrated
- Summer 2017 Research Grants for Nyack Faculty Announced
- Issachah Savage Conducts Masterclass for Nyack Music Students
- Browse Blog Archive>>