School of Social Work Hosts Emerging Leaders Dinner with Jennifer Jones Austin
The Emerging Leaders Dinner hosted by the Nyack College School of Social Work and conducted by Praxis Connection, LLC will be held Wednesday, March 16 beginning at 6:00 p.m. at Nyack’s Manhattan campus, 2 Washington Street in Room 2130 featuring Jennifer Jones Austin.
For more than two decades, Jennifer Jones Austin, has been a passionate advocate for underserved children, families, and individuals. Among her impressive leadership roles are her tenure as Chief Executive Officer and Executive Director of the Federation of Protestant Welfare Agencies (FPWA), a prominent social policy and advocacy organization with 200 member human services agencies operating throughout New York City. Prior to joining FPWA, Ms. Jones Austin served as Senior Vice President of United Way of New York City; and the City of New York’s first Family Services Coordinator appointed by Mayor Michael Bloomberg.
Throughout her career, Jennifer Jones Austin has chaired and served on several influential boards, commissions, and task forces including Mayor de Blasio’s 2013 transition team and as Co-Chair of the NYC Department of Education Capacity Framework Advisory; Chair of the City of New York Procurement Policy Board, and Co-Chair of the New York State Supermarket Commission. Presently, Ms. Jones Austin serves as Board Member and spokesperson for The National Marrow Donor Program and is a board member of the NYC Board of Correction, the New York Blood Center, and the Fund for Public Housing.
Ms. Jones Austin earned her law degree from Fordham University School of Law, a master’s degree in Management and Policy from New York University Robert F. Wagner Graduate School of Public Service and a bachelor’s degree from Rutgers University.
Register to attend the Emerging Leaders Dinner here.
- Tune In For a Special WNKY Segment With The Center for Human Development and Family Services
- American Red Cross Blood Drive at Nyack College
- Nyack College and Local Entrepreneurs to Compete for Over $22,000 in Prizes
- Academic Year 2017-2018 Applications Being Accepted for Student Leaders
- Student Spotlight: Jill Kim, AGSC Marriage and Family Therapy Major
- MARCH 2: An Authors' Talk Hosted by Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Program
- MARCH 3: Nyack Rockland Associate Dean Wanda Velez, a Hope Gathering Speaker
- Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, C&MA Metro District Women's Retreat Speaker
- WNYK Pays Tribute to Black History Month
- Feb 18: School of Music's Noel Wippler, a Featured Artist in Mid-Atlantic Jazz Festival
- FEB 18: Purpose Performs at Katonah Village Library
- Nyack Students Participate in NY Student Aid Alliance Event
- Recapturing the Art of Writing Love Letters
- Meet Dynamic NY Talent Trinity Rose on WNYK 88.7FM
- Accreditation Renewed for Nyack by the Association of Christian Schools International
- 2017 Alumni & Friends Phonathon Underway
- Yahoo! for Krysten Peek and Her 7-Continent Run
- Nyack Center Announces Winners of the Martin Luther King Oratory Contest
- Rev. Charles Galbreath--Nyack Chapel Speaker
- Deeper Life Series with Dr. Michael and Mrs. Lisa Plunket
- Udo Middelmann, Civic Engagement Speaker at Nyack Rockland and Nyack New York City
- ATS Alumni Among 2017 Pastors' Prayer Summit Leaders
- Dr. Jacqueline Washington Contributes to Research Article in Nature Microbiology
- Celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Nyack Community Remembers NYC Music Student Curtis Crum III
- Browse Blog Archive>>