School of Social Work Hosts Emerging Leaders Dinner with Jennifer Jones Austin
The Emerging Leaders Dinner hosted by the Nyack College School of Social Work and conducted by Praxis Connection, LLC will be held Wednesday, March 16 beginning at 6:00 p.m. at Nyack’s Manhattan campus, 2 Washington Street in Room 2130 featuring Jennifer Jones Austin.
For more than two decades, Jennifer Jones Austin, has been a passionate advocate for underserved children, families, and individuals. Among her impressive leadership roles are her tenure as Chief Executive Officer and Executive Director of the Federation of Protestant Welfare Agencies (FPWA), a prominent social policy and advocacy organization with 200 member human services agencies operating throughout New York City. Prior to joining FPWA, Ms. Jones Austin served as Senior Vice President of United Way of New York City; and the City of New York’s first Family Services Coordinator appointed by Mayor Michael Bloomberg.
Throughout her career, Jennifer Jones Austin has chaired and served on several influential boards, commissions, and task forces including Mayor de Blasio’s 2013 transition team and as Co-Chair of the NYC Department of Education Capacity Framework Advisory; Chair of the City of New York Procurement Policy Board, and Co-Chair of the New York State Supermarket Commission. Presently, Ms. Jones Austin serves as Board Member and spokesperson for The National Marrow Donor Program and is a board member of the NYC Board of Correction, the New York Blood Center, and the Fund for Public Housing.
Ms. Jones Austin earned her law degree from Fordham University School of Law, a master’s degree in Management and Policy from New York University Robert F. Wagner Graduate School of Public Service and a bachelor’s degree from Rutgers University.
Register to attend the Emerging Leaders Dinner here.
- ATS Alumni Among 2017 Pastors' Prayer Summit Leaders
- Udo Middelmann: Civic Engagement Speaker at Nyack Rockland and Nyack New York City
- Nyack College Scholarships for Winners of Feb 4 MLK Oratory Contest
- Dr. Jacqueline Washington Contributes to Research Article in Nature Microbiology
- Celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Nyack Community Remembers NYC Music Student Curtis Crum III
- 13 of Nyack's Fall Athletes Recognized for Their Academic Excellence
- Nyack's School of Music Headlines Concert at David Geffen Hall, Lincoln Center
- Global Service-Learning Director Updates on Nyack/ATS Teams in Israel
- Global Service-Learning Trip in Cuba with Drs. Ron and Wanda Walborn
- Winterim: ATS in Israel with Dr. Bryan Widbin
- Globetrotting--the Nyack Way
- Soo-il Lee Recognized by Korean American Behavioral Health Association
- In Memoriam [Ring out, wild bells] by Lord Alfred Tennyson
- What You Can Discover at Nyack
- Steve Gardner (NC '87; ATS '94) Making Snowflakes
- Marcus Jugenheimer: A Major in God's Army
- The Gift of Mentoring at Nyack for Sneha Chrispal
- The Nyack Story: More Than Numbers by Provost David Turk
- Dr. Gerard Becker Co-authors Award Winning Paper
- Staff Highlight: Mr. Dan Bailey, Director of Admissions, Rockland Campus
- A Love Gift at Home for the Holidays
- West Side Story Off-Broadway...A Successful Eight-Show Run
- Nyack Rockland School of Music Winter Concert
- West Side Story Wows Audiences
- Browse Blog Archive>>