School of Social Work Hosts Emerging Leaders Dinner with Jennifer Jones Austin
The Emerging Leaders Dinner hosted by the Nyack College School of Social Work and conducted by Praxis Connection, LLC will be held Wednesday, March 16 beginning at 6:00 p.m. at Nyack’s Manhattan campus, 2 Washington Street in Room 2130 featuring Jennifer Jones Austin.
For more than two decades, Jennifer Jones Austin, has been a passionate advocate for underserved children, families, and individuals. Among her impressive leadership roles are her tenure as Chief Executive Officer and Executive Director of the Federation of Protestant Welfare Agencies (FPWA), a prominent social policy and advocacy organization with 200 member human services agencies operating throughout New York City. Prior to joining FPWA, Ms. Jones Austin served as Senior Vice President of United Way of New York City; and the City of New York’s first Family Services Coordinator appointed by Mayor Michael Bloomberg.
Throughout her career, Jennifer Jones Austin has chaired and served on several influential boards, commissions, and task forces including Mayor de Blasio’s 2013 transition team and as Co-Chair of the NYC Department of Education Capacity Framework Advisory; Chair of the City of New York Procurement Policy Board, and Co-Chair of the New York State Supermarket Commission. Presently, Ms. Jones Austin serves as Board Member and spokesperson for The National Marrow Donor Program and is a board member of the NYC Board of Correction, the New York Blood Center, and the Fund for Public Housing.
Ms. Jones Austin earned her law degree from Fordham University School of Law, a master’s degree in Management and Policy from New York University Robert F. Wagner Graduate School of Public Service and a bachelor’s degree from Rutgers University.
Register to attend the Emerging Leaders Dinner here.
- OCT 20-21: Movement Day New York City
- OCT 21: Saxophonist Jacob Nevill (NC '08) in Grace Church Concert
- OCT 23: Nyack College School of Music Performance at Steinway Hall
- OCT 26: Behind the Project with Isaiah Velez
- Fall Faculty Reading Features Dr. Charles Beach
- FOUNDER'S DAY CHAPEL: C&MA Canada President David Hearn
- Ron Blue Institute Center Comes to Nyack College
- WNYK Re-airs Segments of "Perspectives on Personal Living"
- Nyack Warrior Athletics and Nyack Health Services Host "Pink Out" Events
- Praise Report from Puerto Rico
- Nyack Music Professor Damien Sneed on Stage at Carnegie Hall
- Dr. Lawrence Schiffman, Dead Sea Scrolls Scholar Visits Nyack New York City
- Fashion as WordArt Hosted by Nyack's Rockland Writing Center
- Cultivate Coffee Opens on Campus
- Who's Returning to the Hillside for Homecoming?
- Listening Party for Isaiah Velez
- Borderline Music Fest Features Nyack Alumnus "Skerrit Bwoy"
- SEPT 29: ATS Celebrating National Hispanic Heritage Month
- Update on Nyack's Seminary Branch in Puerto Rico
- September Alumni Spotlight on WNYK: Pastor Greg Haueter
- What Nyack Warriors Are Doing to Fight For Survivors of Recent Natural Disasters
- Nyack's Women's Soccer Team Fundraises for Pediatric Cancer Programs
- WNYK Interviews Borderline Music Performer, Dave Pettigrew
- Nyack Night at the Borderline Music Festival
- SEPT 21: The Write Down Features Fine Print Contributors
- Browse Blog Archive>>