School of Social Work Hosts Emerging Leaders Dinner with Jennifer Jones Austin
The Emerging Leaders Dinner hosted by the Nyack College School of Social Work and conducted by Praxis Connection, LLC will be held Wednesday, March 16 beginning at 6:00 p.m. at Nyack’s Manhattan campus, 2 Washington Street in Room 2130 featuring Jennifer Jones Austin.
For more than two decades, Jennifer Jones Austin, has been a passionate advocate for underserved children, families, and individuals. Among her impressive leadership roles are her tenure as Chief Executive Officer and Executive Director of the Federation of Protestant Welfare Agencies (FPWA), a prominent social policy and advocacy organization with 200 member human services agencies operating throughout New York City. Prior to joining FPWA, Ms. Jones Austin served as Senior Vice President of United Way of New York City; and the City of New York’s first Family Services Coordinator appointed by Mayor Michael Bloomberg.
Throughout her career, Jennifer Jones Austin has chaired and served on several influential boards, commissions, and task forces including Mayor de Blasio’s 2013 transition team and as Co-Chair of the NYC Department of Education Capacity Framework Advisory; Chair of the City of New York Procurement Policy Board, and Co-Chair of the New York State Supermarket Commission. Presently, Ms. Jones Austin serves as Board Member and spokesperson for The National Marrow Donor Program and is a board member of the NYC Board of Correction, the New York Blood Center, and the Fund for Public Housing.
Ms. Jones Austin earned her law degree from Fordham University School of Law, a master’s degree in Management and Policy from New York University Robert F. Wagner Graduate School of Public Service and a bachelor’s degree from Rutgers University.
Register to attend the Emerging Leaders Dinner here.
- C&MA Metro District Sponsors MORE: One-Day Retreat for Women
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Team Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Remembering the Warrior Who Dreamed: Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Oral History Project in Nyack, NY features Alumnus Earl Miller
- New Student Orientation at Nyack NYC
- A Bible Translation's Impact on the View of Women in God's Story
- #nyackglobal, Where in the World Are You?
- Just One Grape: A 2017 P.S.
- The New Has Come!
- National Geographic Article on Nyack's Archaeological Dig Team Makes 2017 Editor's Favorites List
- Alliance Theological Seminary Dean Visits Extension Site in Puerto Rico
- Holiday Sales With a Social Purpose
- The Forum...Bringing Holiday Cheer
- WNYK 88.7FM December Alumni Spotlight: Caitlin Kerr
- An "In the Heights" Postscript
- A Year of Jubilee for the School of Education
- Dr. Louis DeCaro Awarded John Brown Society Silver Medal
- THE CAUSE: Supporting Educators in Urban Schools
- Nyack Students and Faculty in Christmas Music at the Mall
- Writing Center's "Grand Slam" Postponed Until Spring Semester
- A Christmas Tradition: The Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Four Women Volleyball Players on All-Academic Team
- CCCU Leadership Institute Member Rahn Franklin Visits Nyack
- Carol & Candlelight Tour Marks 69th Year
- WNYK Interviews Cast Members of "In the Heights"
- Browse Blog Archive>>