School of Social Work Hosts Emerging Leaders Dinner with Jennifer Jones Austin
The Emerging Leaders Dinner hosted by the Nyack College School of Social Work and conducted by Praxis Connection, LLC will be held Wednesday, March 16 beginning at 6:00 p.m. at Nyack’s Manhattan campus, 2 Washington Street in Room 2130 featuring Jennifer Jones Austin.
For more than two decades, Jennifer Jones Austin, has been a passionate advocate for underserved children, families, and individuals. Among her impressive leadership roles are her tenure as Chief Executive Officer and Executive Director of the Federation of Protestant Welfare Agencies (FPWA), a prominent social policy and advocacy organization with 200 member human services agencies operating throughout New York City. Prior to joining FPWA, Ms. Jones Austin served as Senior Vice President of United Way of New York City; and the City of New York’s first Family Services Coordinator appointed by Mayor Michael Bloomberg.
Throughout her career, Jennifer Jones Austin has chaired and served on several influential boards, commissions, and task forces including Mayor de Blasio’s 2013 transition team and as Co-Chair of the NYC Department of Education Capacity Framework Advisory; Chair of the City of New York Procurement Policy Board, and Co-Chair of the New York State Supermarket Commission. Presently, Ms. Jones Austin serves as Board Member and spokesperson for The National Marrow Donor Program and is a board member of the NYC Board of Correction, the New York Blood Center, and the Fund for Public Housing.
Ms. Jones Austin earned her law degree from Fordham University School of Law, a master’s degree in Management and Policy from New York University Robert F. Wagner Graduate School of Public Service and a bachelor’s degree from Rutgers University.
Register to attend the Emerging Leaders Dinner here.
- Negocios Now "40 under 40" List Showcases Nyack Alumna Kathia Benitez
- March 15-17: Latino Pastoral Action Center Hosts 2018 Legacy Conference
- Music Faculty and Students Perform With Opera Star in Kansas City, MO
- Schedule Your Nyack College Visit
- MARCH 15: Writing Center's March Event: The Book of Elyon with Emmanuel Jean-Pierre
- MARCH 21: Bach's 333rd Birthday Bash!
- Metro District Women's Spring Retreat Registration In Progress
- Seminary Chapel Concludes Black History Month With Pastor Donna Baptiste
- Dr. Anita Underwood, a Panelist on Christian Radio Network
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: DeLissa Dixon
- Nyack Student Leaders at Christian Cultural Center's C3 Youth Ministry
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Althea Session-Lovett
- Nyack Alumna Tiffany Burnett ('05), a Boca Raton, FL Entrepreneur
- Spring Edition of The Forum Published
- OFFICIAL STATEMENT: Remembering God's General, Dr. Billy Graham
- Online Christian Colleges Ranks Nyack College
- Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- Shaun Jacobs-Patterson ('12) Named Senior Pastor at Trenton, NJ Church
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Isaac Foster
- Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Browse Blog Archive>>