ATS Alumnus Dimas Salaberrios, Nyack Chapel Speaker
With more than 32,000 alumni of Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary (ATS) globally engaged, you just never know where you’ll find them serving.
The Nyack College campus in Rockland County welcomed home one such ambassador for Christ this week. ATS alumnus Dimas Salaberrios was the guest chapel speaker on Wednesday, February 24.
The 2012 graduate is co-pastor of Infinity Bible Church with Pastor Joe Fletcher in the Bronx serving at-risk, gang-involved youth. Pastor Salaberrios has shared the gospel of Jesus Christ around the world. He and his ministry team have responded to natural disasters like the 2010 earthquake in Haiti and Super Storm Sandy in 2012. Last year, he was one of eight New York/New Jersey ministers who traveled to Charleston, SC to pray with residents and church members of historic Emanuel A.M.E. Church after the murder of eight of its members. He was also among the clergy who ministered in neighborhoods of Baltimore, MD to calm unrest after the death of Freddy Gray.
In the fall of 2015, Street God, his riveting autobiographical journey from the pit to the pulpit was released by Tyndale House Publishers. The publication opened the door for a book tour that included appearances on “Fox & Friends,” an ABC News affiliate in St. Louis, LA; 1190 WLIB with Liz Black, 570 WMCA Christian radio show “Coffee with Kevin;" Trinity Broadcasting Network, and “In the Market” with Janet Parshall on Moody Radio as well as at Riker's Island and Valhalla Prison. While on his European book tour, in Amsterdam he made radio appearances and was featured in a Dutch newspaper. He and colleagues were a part of street ministry in Paris following the November 2015 terrorist attacks.
To learn more about Pastor Salaberrios and Infinity Bible Church, click here.
- March 29: The Amasi Trio in Concert
- Nyack Alumnus Sean Pica Named to Alliance for Higher Education in Prison Founding Board
- New Edition of The Forum Published
- OPENING MARCH 31: Nyack's Spring Play: The Importance of Being Earnest
- MARCH 31: Nyack College and Local Entrepreneurs to Compete for Over $22,000 in Prizes
- Nyack College Opera Workshop Presents Verdi's "La Traviata"
- MARCH 25: Dr. Guy Waters - Plenary Speaker for Evangelical Theological Society Conference
- Nyack Alumna, Kathia Benitez Is Director of sustainNU program at Northwestern University
- Alliance Graduate School of Counseling Reunion at NYC Campus
- Bach's 332nd Birthday Bash
- The Gates Way to Medieval Times
- March 18: Hudson River Pianofest 2017 at Nyack College
- President Michael G. Scales to Begin New Term on CICU Board
- Udo Middelmann Returns to Nyack College for Colloquium on Civic Engagement
- Nyack School of Music Students on Harry Connick Jr. Show
- What Is Love? Nyack Rockland Artists Answer the Question
- American Red Cross Blood Drive at Nyack College
- Founder/CEO Evelyn Bautista-Miller Is CSGE Colloquium Speaker
- ATS Missions Retreat at Mount Crescent House
- Academic Year 2017-2018 Applications Being Accepted for Student Leaders
- Nyack Rockland Associate Dean Wanda Velez, a Hope Gathering Speaker
- MARCH 2: An Authors' Talk Hosted by Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Program
- Fifth Anniversary Celebration & Silent Auction to Benefit Empower Program
- Student Spotlight: Jill Kim, AGSC Marriage and Family Therapy Major
- Browse Blog Archive>>