Nyack Manhattan and Rockland Chapel Speaker: Mark Charles
Mark Charles will be the chapel speaker and guest lecturer on the Nyack Rockland and New York City campuses. The son of an American woman of Dutch heritage and a Navajo man, Mark is a dynamic and thought-provoking orator, writer, and consultant. He provides insight on the complexities of American history regarding race, culture, and faith in order to help forge a path of healing and reconciliation for the nation. (See his video here.)
Mr. Charles will speak at three Nyack NYC events on Thursday, February 25 at the campus located at 2 Washington Street in Room 2241: a chapel service at 5:15 p.m.; the Battery Park/Wall Street Prayer & Fellowship at 6:00 p.m.; and a classroom visit and guest lecture on the “Doctrine of Discovery and Call to National Lament” at 7:00 p.m.
On Friday, February 26 he will be the 10:00 a.m. chapel speaker in Pardington Hall on the Rockland campus followed by a Q&A session from 11:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m. on the “Doctrine of Discovery.” He will also visit a cultural anthropology course.
Mark serves as the Washington, D.C. correspondent and regular columnist for Native News Online and is the author of the popular blog "Reflections from the Hogan." Mark also serves on the board of the Christian Community Development Association (CCDA) in Chicago, IL and is a consultant for the Calvin Institute of Christian Worship (CICW) in Grand Rapids, MI. He is a founding partner of a national conference for Native students called “Would Jesus Eat Frybread?”
- Nyack Athletes in the Kitchen for Community Thanksgiving Dinner
- Carol & Candlelight Tour Marks 69th Year
- WNYK Interviews Cast Members of "In the Heights"
- Nyack College In Top 20 Schools for Environment on 2018 Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education U.S. College Rankings
- Christian Medical & Dental Association NYC Chapter Holds "Care for the Soul" Conference
- RELEASE: Nyack's Campus in Puerto Rico Leads Community Outreach
- WNYK 88.7FM November Alumni Spotlight: Grace Williams ('15)
- Dr. Lyndell O'Hara - Colloquium Speaker
- The Forum, Vol. 2., Issue 2
- Opening Day for National Hispanic Education Summit and Scholars Symposium
- NOV 8-9: Scholars Symposium and National Hispanic Education Summit at Nyack
- Seminario Teológico de Puerto Rico...Firm and Persevering!
- Nyack Warriors Fight Strong for Breast Cancer Awareness
- 2017 Seed to Harvest Seminar Hosted by Donna Baptiste Ministries
- '08 ATS Alumnus and Young Adults Pastor Adds Executive Director Role to Ministry
- Faculty Recital Features Dr. Tammy Lum
- Nyack Dean to Azusa Pacific Director: Coast to Coast Mentoring
- Nyack Warriors Basketball Podcast
- A Nyack College Cast Revives Lin-Manuel Miranda's "In the Heights"
- Puerto Rico Seminary Community Outreach to Families
- NOV 15: WMCA Radio 570AM Networking Breakfast at Nyack New York City Campus
- Behind the Project with Isaiah Velez
- Nyack School of Music Students Perform at Market Street Mission
- Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement Hosts Colloquium Series
- Prayer Summit 2017 With Dave Powers
- Browse Blog Archive>>