Nyack Manhattan and Rockland Chapel Speaker: Mark Charles
Mark Charles will be the chapel speaker and guest lecturer on the Nyack Rockland and New York City campuses. The son of an American woman of Dutch heritage and a Navajo man, Mark is a dynamic and thought-provoking orator, writer, and consultant. He provides insight on the complexities of American history regarding race, culture, and faith in order to help forge a path of healing and reconciliation for the nation. (See his video here.)
Mr. Charles will speak at three Nyack NYC events on Thursday, February 25 at the campus located at 2 Washington Street in Room 2241: a chapel service at 5:15 p.m.; the Battery Park/Wall Street Prayer & Fellowship at 6:00 p.m.; and a classroom visit and guest lecture on the “Doctrine of Discovery and Call to National Lament” at 7:00 p.m.
On Friday, February 26 he will be the 10:00 a.m. chapel speaker in Pardington Hall on the Rockland campus followed by a Q&A session from 11:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m. on the “Doctrine of Discovery.” He will also visit a cultural anthropology course.
Mark serves as the Washington, D.C. correspondent and regular columnist for Native News Online and is the author of the popular blog "Reflections from the Hogan." Mark also serves on the board of the Christian Community Development Association (CCDA) in Chicago, IL and is a consultant for the Calvin Institute of Christian Worship (CICW) in Grand Rapids, MI. He is a founding partner of a national conference for Native students called “Would Jesus Eat Frybread?”
- Negocios Now "40 under 40" List Showcases Nyack Alumna Kathia Benitez
- March 15-17: Latino Pastoral Action Center Hosts 2018 Legacy Conference
- Music Faculty and Students Perform With Opera Star in Kansas City, MO
- Schedule Your Nyack College Visit
- MARCH 15: Writing Center's March Event: The Book of Elyon with Emmanuel Jean-Pierre
- MARCH 21: Bach's 333rd Birthday Bash!
- Metro District Women's Spring Retreat Registration In Progress
- Seminary Chapel Concludes Black History Month With Pastor Donna Baptiste
- Dr. Anita Underwood, a Panelist on Christian Radio Network
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: DeLissa Dixon
- Nyack Student Leaders at Christian Cultural Center's C3 Youth Ministry
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Althea Session-Lovett
- Nyack Alumna Tiffany Burnett ('05), a Boca Raton, FL Entrepreneur
- Spring Edition of The Forum Published
- OFFICIAL STATEMENT: Remembering God's General, Dr. Billy Graham
- Online Christian Colleges Ranks Nyack College
- Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- Shaun Jacobs-Patterson ('12) Named Senior Pastor at Trenton, NJ Church
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Isaac Foster
- Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Browse Blog Archive>>