Nyack Manhattan and Rockland Chapel Speaker: Mark Charles
Mark Charles will be the chapel speaker and guest lecturer on the Nyack Rockland and New York City campuses. The son of an American woman of Dutch heritage and a Navajo man, Mark is a dynamic and thought-provoking orator, writer, and consultant. He provides insight on the complexities of American history regarding race, culture, and faith in order to help forge a path of healing and reconciliation for the nation. (See his video here.)
Mr. Charles will speak at three Nyack NYC events on Thursday, February 25 at the campus located at 2 Washington Street in Room 2241: a chapel service at 5:15 p.m.; the Battery Park/Wall Street Prayer & Fellowship at 6:00 p.m.; and a classroom visit and guest lecture on the “Doctrine of Discovery and Call to National Lament” at 7:00 p.m.
On Friday, February 26 he will be the 10:00 a.m. chapel speaker in Pardington Hall on the Rockland campus followed by a Q&A session from 11:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m. on the “Doctrine of Discovery.” He will also visit a cultural anthropology course.
Mark serves as the Washington, D.C. correspondent and regular columnist for Native News Online and is the author of the popular blog "Reflections from the Hogan." Mark also serves on the board of the Christian Community Development Association (CCDA) in Chicago, IL and is a consultant for the Calvin Institute of Christian Worship (CICW) in Grand Rapids, MI. He is a founding partner of a national conference for Native students called “Would Jesus Eat Frybread?”
- OCT 20-21: Movement Day New York City
- OCT 21: Saxophonist Jacob Nevill (NC '08) in Grace Church Concert
- OCT 23: Nyack College School of Music Performance at Steinway Hall
- OCT 26: Behind the Project with Isaiah Velez
- Fall Faculty Reading Features Dr. Charles Beach
- FOUNDER'S DAY CHAPEL: C&MA Canada President David Hearn
- Ron Blue Institute Center Comes to Nyack College
- WNYK Re-airs Segments of "Perspectives on Personal Living"
- Nyack Warrior Athletics and Nyack Health Services Host "Pink Out" Events
- Praise Report from Puerto Rico
- Nyack Music Professor Damien Sneed on Stage at Carnegie Hall
- Dr. Lawrence Schiffman, Dead Sea Scrolls Scholar Visits Nyack New York City
- Fashion as WordArt Hosted by Nyack's Rockland Writing Center
- Cultivate Coffee Opens on Campus
- Who's Returning to the Hillside for Homecoming?
- Listening Party for Isaiah Velez
- Borderline Music Fest Features Nyack Alumnus "Skerrit Bwoy"
- SEPT 29: ATS Celebrating National Hispanic Heritage Month
- Update on Nyack's Seminary Branch in Puerto Rico
- September Alumni Spotlight on WNYK: Pastor Greg Haueter
- What Nyack Warriors Are Doing to Fight For Survivors of Recent Natural Disasters
- Nyack's Women's Soccer Team Fundraises for Pediatric Cancer Programs
- WNYK Interviews Borderline Music Performer, Dave Pettigrew
- Nyack Night at the Borderline Music Festival
- SEPT 21: The Write Down Features Fine Print Contributors
- Browse Blog Archive>>