Nyack Manhattan and Rockland Chapel Speaker: Mark Charles
Mark Charles will be the chapel speaker and guest lecturer on the Nyack Rockland and New York City campuses. The son of an American woman of Dutch heritage and a Navajo man, Mark is a dynamic and thought-provoking orator, writer, and consultant. He provides insight on the complexities of American history regarding race, culture, and faith in order to help forge a path of healing and reconciliation for the nation. (See his video here.)
Mr. Charles will speak at three Nyack NYC events on Thursday, February 25 at the campus located at 2 Washington Street in Room 2241: a chapel service at 5:15 p.m.; the Battery Park/Wall Street Prayer & Fellowship at 6:00 p.m.; and a classroom visit and guest lecture on the “Doctrine of Discovery and Call to National Lament” at 7:00 p.m.
On Friday, February 26 he will be the 10:00 a.m. chapel speaker in Pardington Hall on the Rockland campus followed by a Q&A session from 11:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m. on the “Doctrine of Discovery.” He will also visit a cultural anthropology course.
Mark serves as the Washington, D.C. correspondent and regular columnist for Native News Online and is the author of the popular blog "Reflections from the Hogan." Mark also serves on the board of the Christian Community Development Association (CCDA) in Chicago, IL and is a consultant for the Calvin Institute of Christian Worship (CICW) in Grand Rapids, MI. He is a founding partner of a national conference for Native students called “Would Jesus Eat Frybread?”
- Nyack Basketball Alumni Compete at IBall National Pro Combine
- School of Ed Professors Recognized by American Educational Research Association
- Memorial Service for Robin Luce
- Division of Student Success Dean Hosts STEM Event for Rockland Youth
- Remembering Manuel Ocana: A Strong, Gentle Leader
- Nyack College Partners With Long Island School on NYS Presidential Scholarship
- Nyack Profs Present at The Great Fish Count
- 2017 Sports Camp for Youth at Nyack College
- Nyack Alumni Sean Pica and Luis Diaz on SiriusXM Broadcast
- Nyack Scholars Symposium Presentation Proposal Deadline
- Rockland Leaders Gather to Show Appreciation for Community Relations Director Earl Miller
- Remembering Robin Luce
- Nyack at its Best...Serving Others
- Nyack Artists Featured in East Village Multimedia Showcase
- Pastor Charles Galbreath Special Guest on Donna Baptiste Ministries Radio Broadcast
- School of Music Profs Conduct Three-Day Vocal/Opera Institute
- Nyack Alumnus Dr. Ty Buckman Named Provost at Mary Baldwin University
- 2017 Grads Are Nyack's Inaugural Class of Biology Majors
- Nyack Grads on "Good Morning, America" Segment
- Commitment to Mission Awards to Dean Glenn Koponen and Dean Wanda Velez
- The Legacy of Service at Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary
- Soccer Team Online Fundraiser
- Dr. Ron Walborn at Christian Health Care Center on "Embracing Your Grief"
- NATIONAL NURSES WEEK: Cheryle Phenicie, R.N.
- Celebrating Nyack's School of Nursing Graduates
- Browse Blog Archive>>