Nyack Manhattan and Rockland Chapel Speaker: Mark Charles
Mark Charles will be the chapel speaker and guest lecturer on the Nyack Rockland and New York City campuses. The son of an American woman of Dutch heritage and a Navajo man, Mark is a dynamic and thought-provoking orator, writer, and consultant. He provides insight on the complexities of American history regarding race, culture, and faith in order to help forge a path of healing and reconciliation for the nation. (See his video here.)
Mr. Charles will speak at three Nyack NYC events on Thursday, February 25 at the campus located at 2 Washington Street in Room 2241: a chapel service at 5:15 p.m.; the Battery Park/Wall Street Prayer & Fellowship at 6:00 p.m.; and a classroom visit and guest lecture on the “Doctrine of Discovery and Call to National Lament” at 7:00 p.m.
On Friday, February 26 he will be the 10:00 a.m. chapel speaker in Pardington Hall on the Rockland campus followed by a Q&A session from 11:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m. on the “Doctrine of Discovery.” He will also visit a cultural anthropology course.
Mark serves as the Washington, D.C. correspondent and regular columnist for Native News Online and is the author of the popular blog "Reflections from the Hogan." Mark also serves on the board of the Christian Community Development Association (CCDA) in Chicago, IL and is a consultant for the Calvin Institute of Christian Worship (CICW) in Grand Rapids, MI. He is a founding partner of a national conference for Native students called “Would Jesus Eat Frybread?”
- SEPT 23-25: Nyack President, Professors and Staff Are CCCU Diversity Conference Presenters
- Nyack Among Alliance Colleges Featured in Special Fall ALife
- A Prayer Walk From NYC to Chicago With ATS Alumnus Al Taylor
- Nyack Team at Sixth Annual Interfaith and Community Service Campus Challenge
- DEEPER LIFE SERIES: With Jon Tyson
- Seven Years Strong: Nyack's Rites of Passage Initiation Ceremony
- Every Day A Gift Concert: Music Prof and Transplant Recipient, Sungrai Sohn
- Nyack College Among Top Ethnically Diverse Regional Schools in the U.S.
- Chelsea Geyer (NC '12) Golf Classic Luncheon Speaker
- Holly Nichols: Keeping the Nyack Founder's Vision Alive
- 15 Years Later...We Still Remember
- Go Fish...Again!
- Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary to Be Highlighted on "Pursuing God" Broadcast
- Register for the Nyack Leadership Speaker Series Lecture With Peter Irvine
- CCCU 2016 Diversity Conference at Nyack NYC
- Alumni Jazz Musicians RSVP ASAP For This Homecoming Gig
- Amanda Halter, A Lady Warrior in Germany
- Jose Heredia (NC '09) at the Rose Nagelberg Theatre in Manhattan
- Carol Ann Freeman and Bonita D'Amil...Hearts for Hungary
- Gabrielle Do Goes Global With Her Spoken Word Artistry
- Nyack College Golf Classic Returns to Historic Saint Andrew's
- Go Fish! or The Adventures of Dr. Peter Park
- ATS Dean Announces New Role: ATS Director, Dr. Louis DeCaro, Jr.
- Nyack's Historic Excavation: Something to Write Home About
- Nyack Counseling Professor and Students to be Published
- Browse Blog Archive>>