NYC Student Government Association Presents Black History Month Showcase
The Nyack College NYC Student Government Association (SGA) invites the community to attend a special chapel Thursday, February 18 at 5:15 p.m. on the Manhattan campus located at 2 Washington Street in room 2241. A Black History Month program will be presented.
SGA Secretary Landai Barnes (’16), a social work major (pictured), is the host of the event that will showcase moments in black history featuring inventor and creators. Garrett Augustus Morgan (traffic signal and gas mask); Elijah McCoy, (steam engine lubricator); Dr. Charles Richard Drew, surgeon (blood bank) and George Crum (potato chips) and their work will become familiar to our audience.
Living Waters Dance Ministry members, Damali Cooper and Jessica Leclere; guest spoken word artist, Leah James; and soloist Urshelle Luong will perform. James C. Powell will deliver a sermon.
For more information, contact the Office of Student Development at 212.625.0500, extension 6136.
- OCT 23-25: Dave Powers Returns for Spiritual Formation's Prayer Summit 2017
- OCT 23: Nyack College School of Music Performance at Steinway Hall
- OCT 26: Behind the Project with Isaiah Velez
- OCT 29: Trunk or Treat Comes to Nyack College Rockland
- Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary Alumni at Metro District Conference "Expectation"
- Movement Day New York City
- Saxophonist Jacob Nevill (NC '08) in Grace Church Concert
- NOV 8-9: Nyack Scholars Symposium and National Hispanic Education Summit at Nyack
- NOV 4: Dr. Anna Flores-Locke to Present at American Counseling Association Event
- WNYK's October Alumni Spotlight: Stephen and Lauri (Boyd) McKnight
- First 2017-2018 Issue of The Forum is Released
- The Amasi Trio in Concert
- Fall Faculty Reading Features Dr. Charles Beach
- FOUNDER'S DAY CHAPEL: C&MA Canada President David Hearn
- Ron Blue Institute Center Comes to Nyack College
- WNYK Re-airs Segments of "Perspectives on Personal Living"
- Nyack Warrior Athletics and Nyack Health Services Host "Pink Out" Events
- Praise Report from Puerto Rico
- Nyack Music Professor Damien Sneed on Stage at Carnegie Hall
- Dr. Lawrence Schiffman, Dead Sea Scrolls Scholar Visits Nyack New York City
- Fashion as WordArt Hosted by Nyack's Rockland Writing Center
- Cultivate Coffee Opens on Campus
- Who's Returning to the Hillside for Homecoming?
- Listening Party for Isaiah Velez
- Borderline Music Fest Features Nyack Alumnus "Skerrit Bwoy"
- Browse Blog Archive>>