NYC Student Government Association Presents Black History Month Showcase
The Nyack College NYC Student Government Association (SGA) invites the community to attend a special chapel Thursday, February 18 at 5:15 p.m. on the Manhattan campus located at 2 Washington Street in room 2241. A Black History Month program will be presented.
SGA Secretary Landai Barnes (’16), a social work major (pictured), is the host of the event that will showcase moments in black history featuring inventor and creators. Garrett Augustus Morgan (traffic signal and gas mask); Elijah McCoy, (steam engine lubricator); Dr. Charles Richard Drew, surgeon (blood bank) and George Crum (potato chips) and their work will become familiar to our audience.
Living Waters Dance Ministry members, Damali Cooper and Jessica Leclere; guest spoken word artist, Leah James; and soloist Urshelle Luong will perform. James C. Powell will deliver a sermon.
For more information, contact the Office of Student Development at 212.625.0500, extension 6136.
- Nyack College School of Music December Concerts
- A Year of Jubilee for the School of Education
- Dr. Louis DeCaro Awarded John Brown Society Silver Medal
- THE CAUSE: Supporting Educators in Urban Schools
- Nyack Students and Faculty in Christmas Music at the Mall
- Writing Center's "Grand Slam" Postponed Until Spring Semester
- A Christmas Tradition: The Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Four Women Volleyball Players on All-Academic Team
- CCCU Leadership Institute Member Rahn Franklin Visits Nyack
- Carol & Candlelight Tour Marks 69th Year
- WNYK Interviews Cast Members of "In the Heights"
- Alumna Alyssa Cruz Presents on Technology-Infused and Data-Driven Lesson Planning
- #GivingTuesday for Nyack's Seminario Teológico de Puerto Rico
- Three Nyack Warriors on 2017 Men's Soccer All-Academic Team
- Nyack Athletes in the Kitchen for Community Thanksgiving Dinner
- Nyack College In Top 20 Schools for Environment on 2018 Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education U.S. College Rankings
- Christian Medical & Dental Association NYC Chapter Holds "Care for the Soul" Conference
- RELEASE: Nyack's Campus in Puerto Rico Leads Community Outreach
- WNYK 88.7FM November Alumni Spotlight: Grace Williams ('15)
- Dr. Lyndell O'Hara - Colloquium Speaker
- The Forum, Vol. 2., Issue 2
- Opening Day for National Hispanic Education Summit and Scholars Symposium
- NOV 8-9: Scholars Symposium and National Hispanic Education Summit at Nyack
- Seminario Teológico de Puerto Rico...Firm and Persevering!
- Nyack Warriors Fight Strong for Breast Cancer Awareness
- Browse Blog Archive>>