NYC Student Government Association Presents Black History Month Showcase
The Nyack College NYC Student Government Association (SGA) invites the community to attend a special chapel Thursday, February 18 at 5:15 p.m. on the Manhattan campus located at 2 Washington Street in room 2241. A Black History Month program will be presented.
SGA Secretary Landai Barnes (’16), a social work major (pictured), is the host of the event that will showcase moments in black history featuring inventor and creators. Garrett Augustus Morgan (traffic signal and gas mask); Elijah McCoy, (steam engine lubricator); Dr. Charles Richard Drew, surgeon (blood bank) and George Crum (potato chips) and their work will become familiar to our audience.
Living Waters Dance Ministry members, Damali Cooper and Jessica Leclere; guest spoken word artist, Leah James; and soloist Urshelle Luong will perform. James C. Powell will deliver a sermon.
For more information, contact the Office of Student Development at 212.625.0500, extension 6136.
- Celebrating the Life of ATS Alumna Aliceteen Taylor
- AGSC's Marriage & Family Therapy Ranked #4 Among Top 25 Counseling Programs in the Northeast
- Nyack Basketball Alumni Compete at IBall National Pro Combine
- School of Ed Professors Recognized by American Educational Research Association
- Memorial Service for Robin Luce
- Division of Student Success Dean Hosts STEM Event for Rockland Youth
- Remembering Manuel Ocana: A Strong, Gentle Leader
- Nyack College Partners With Long Island School on NYS Presidential Scholarship
- Nyack Profs Present at The Great Fish Count
- 2017 Sports Camp for Youth at Nyack College
- Nyack Alumni Sean Pica and Luis Diaz on SiriusXM Broadcast
- Nyack Scholars Symposium Presentation Proposal Deadline
- Rockland Leaders Gather to Show Appreciation for Community Relations Director Earl Miller
- Remembering Robin Luce
- Nyack at its Best...Serving Others
- Nyack Artists Featured in East Village Multimedia Showcase
- Pastor Charles Galbreath Special Guest on Donna Baptiste Ministries Radio Broadcast
- School of Music Profs Conduct Three-Day Vocal/Opera Institute
- Nyack Alumnus Dr. Ty Buckman Named Provost at Mary Baldwin University
- 2017 Grads Are Nyack's Inaugural Class of Biology Majors
- Nyack Grads on "Good Morning, America" Segment
- Commitment to Mission Awards to Dean Glenn Koponen and Dean Wanda Velez
- The Legacy of Service at Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary
- Soccer Team Online Fundraiser
- Dr. Ron Walborn at Christian Health Care Center on "Embracing Your Grief"
- Browse Blog Archive>>