NYC Student Government Association Presents Black History Month Showcase
The Nyack College NYC Student Government Association (SGA) invites the community to attend a special chapel Thursday, February 18 at 5:15 p.m. on the Manhattan campus located at 2 Washington Street in room 2241. A Black History Month program will be presented.
SGA Secretary Landai Barnes (’16), a social work major (pictured), is the host of the event that will showcase moments in black history featuring inventor and creators. Garrett Augustus Morgan (traffic signal and gas mask); Elijah McCoy, (steam engine lubricator); Dr. Charles Richard Drew, surgeon (blood bank) and George Crum (potato chips) and their work will become familiar to our audience.
Living Waters Dance Ministry members, Damali Cooper and Jessica Leclere; guest spoken word artist, Leah James; and soloist Urshelle Luong will perform. James C. Powell will deliver a sermon.
For more information, contact the Office of Student Development at 212.625.0500, extension 6136.
- MARCH 25: Dr. Guy Waters - Plenary Speaker for Evangelical Theological Society Conference
- Nyack's Spring Production: The Importance of Being Earnest
- Nyack Alumna, Kathia Benitez Is Director of sustainNU program at Northwestern University
- Alliance Graduate School of Counseling Reunion at NYC Campus
- Bach's 332nd Birthday Bash
- Nyack College Opera Workshop Presents Verdi's "La Traviata"
- The Gates Way to Medieval Times
- March 18: Hudson River Pianofest 2017 at Nyack College
- President Michael G. Scales to Begin New Term on CICU Board
- Udo Middelmann Returns to Nyack College for Colloquium on Civic Engagement
- Nyack School of Music Students on Harry Connick Jr. Show
- What Is Love? Nyack Rockland Artists Answer the Question
- American Red Cross Blood Drive at Nyack College
- Founder/CEO Evelyn Bautista-Miller Is CSGE Colloquium Speaker
- ATS Missions Retreat at Mount Crescent House
- Nyack College and Local Entrepreneurs to Compete for Over $22,000 in Prizes
- Academic Year 2017-2018 Applications Being Accepted for Student Leaders
- Nyack Rockland Associate Dean Wanda Velez, a Hope Gathering Speaker
- MARCH 2: An Authors' Talk Hosted by Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Program
- Fifth Anniversary Celebration & Silent Auction to Benefit Empower Program
- Student Spotlight: Jill Kim, AGSC Marriage and Family Therapy Major
- Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, C&MA Metro District Women's Retreat Speaker
- WNYK Pays Tribute to Black History Month
- Feb 18: School of Music's Noel Wippler, a Featured Artist in Mid-Atlantic Jazz Festival
- Browse Blog Archive>>