Spring Semester 2016 Deeper Life Series With Dr. Stanley John
This week’s Deeper Life Series speaker at Nyack College is Alliance Theological Seminary’s own Dr. Stanley John. Come be blessed by his dynamic teaching.
Services are February 1, 2, and 3 at 8:00 p.m. and one morning service on February 3 at 10:05 a.m., all on Nyack’s Rockland County campus in Pardington Hall, 45 South Blvd., Nyack, NY.
About Dr. Stanley John
Dr. Stanley John, a member of the Indian diaspora born and raised in Kuwait, is the Director of the Alliance Graduate School of Missions and Intercultural Studies at Alliance Theological Seminary. He is passionate about forming servant leaders for missions in a context of world Christianity, global migration and post-Christendom. By addressing these contextual issues, he believes, we can help prepare the best theologically educated, missionally prepared, and apostolic servant leaders for the global church.
Dr. John serves on the board of India Gospel Ministries, an indigenous church-planting ministry in India, and is a member of the Lausanne Global Diaspora Network.
He received a B.A. in Biblical studies at Zion Bible College, and a M.A. and Ph.D. in Intercultural Studies at Asbury Theological Seminary. His research focuses on the intersection of transnationalism, world Christianity, and global Pentecostalism. His dissertation is titled, “Networks, Agents, and Mission: Transnational Religion of Kerala Pentecostal Churches in a Context of Temporary Economic Migration to Kuwait.” He is currently writing several articles on diaspora mission, city movements, and biography of several American missionaries who served in Kuwait and India.
- MARCH 25: Dr. Guy Waters - Plenary Speaker for Evangelical Theological Society Conference
- Nyack's Spring Production: The Importance of Being Earnest
- Nyack Alumna, Kathia Benitez Is Director of sustainNU program at Northwestern University
- Alliance Graduate School of Counseling Reunion at NYC Campus
- Bach's 332nd Birthday Bash
- Nyack College Opera Workshop Presents Verdi's "La Traviata"
- The Gates Way to Medieval Times
- March 18: Hudson River Pianofest 2017 at Nyack College
- President Michael G. Scales to Begin New Term on CICU Board
- Udo Middelmann Returns to Nyack College for Colloquium on Civic Engagement
- Nyack School of Music Students on Harry Connick Jr. Show
- What Is Love? Nyack Rockland Artists Answer the Question
- American Red Cross Blood Drive at Nyack College
- Founder/CEO Evelyn Bautista-Miller Is CSGE Colloquium Speaker
- ATS Missions Retreat at Mount Crescent House
- Nyack College and Local Entrepreneurs to Compete for Over $22,000 in Prizes
- Academic Year 2017-2018 Applications Being Accepted for Student Leaders
- Nyack Rockland Associate Dean Wanda Velez, a Hope Gathering Speaker
- MARCH 2: An Authors' Talk Hosted by Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Program
- Fifth Anniversary Celebration & Silent Auction to Benefit Empower Program
- Student Spotlight: Jill Kim, AGSC Marriage and Family Therapy Major
- Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, C&MA Metro District Women's Retreat Speaker
- WNYK Pays Tribute to Black History Month
- Feb 18: School of Music's Noel Wippler, a Featured Artist in Mid-Atlantic Jazz Festival
- Browse Blog Archive>>