Spring Semester 2016 Deeper Life Series With Dr. Stanley John
This week’s Deeper Life Series speaker at Nyack College is Alliance Theological Seminary’s own Dr. Stanley John. Come be blessed by his dynamic teaching.
Services are February 1, 2, and 3 at 8:00 p.m. and one morning service on February 3 at 10:05 a.m., all on Nyack’s Rockland County campus in Pardington Hall, 45 South Blvd., Nyack, NY.
About Dr. Stanley John
Dr. Stanley John, a member of the Indian diaspora born and raised in Kuwait, is the Director of the Alliance Graduate School of Missions and Intercultural Studies at Alliance Theological Seminary. He is passionate about forming servant leaders for missions in a context of world Christianity, global migration and post-Christendom. By addressing these contextual issues, he believes, we can help prepare the best theologically educated, missionally prepared, and apostolic servant leaders for the global church.
Dr. John serves on the board of India Gospel Ministries, an indigenous church-planting ministry in India, and is a member of the Lausanne Global Diaspora Network.
He received a B.A. in Biblical studies at Zion Bible College, and a M.A. and Ph.D. in Intercultural Studies at Asbury Theological Seminary. His research focuses on the intersection of transnationalism, world Christianity, and global Pentecostalism. His dissertation is titled, “Networks, Agents, and Mission: Transnational Religion of Kerala Pentecostal Churches in a Context of Temporary Economic Migration to Kuwait.” He is currently writing several articles on diaspora mission, city movements, and biography of several American missionaries who served in Kuwait and India.
- Jan 30-Feb 1: Deeper Life Series with Dr. Michael and Mrs. Lisa Plunket
- ATS Alumni Among 2017 Pastors' Prayer Summit Leaders
- Udo Middelmann: Civic Engagement Speaker at Nyack Rockland and Nyack New York City
- Nyack College Scholarships for Winners of Feb 4 MLK Oratory Contest
- Dr. Jacqueline Washington Contributes to Research Article in Nature Microbiology
- Celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Nyack Community Remembers NYC Music Student Curtis Crum III
- 13 of Nyack's Fall Athletes Recognized for Their Academic Excellence
- Nyack's School of Music Headlines Concert at David Geffen Hall, Lincoln Center
- Global Service-Learning Director Updates on Nyack/ATS Teams in Israel
- Global Service-Learning Trip in Cuba with Drs. Ron and Wanda Walborn
- Winterim: ATS in Israel with Dr. Bryan Widbin
- Globetrotting--the Nyack Way
- Soo-il Lee Recognized by Korean American Behavioral Health Association
- In Memoriam [Ring out, wild bells] by Lord Alfred Tennyson
- What You Can Discover at Nyack
- Steve Gardner (NC '87; ATS '94) Making Snowflakes
- Marcus Jugenheimer: A Major in God's Army
- The Gift of Mentoring at Nyack for Sneha Chrispal
- The Nyack Story: More Than Numbers by Provost David Turk
- Dr. Gerard Becker Co-authors Award Winning Paper
- Staff Highlight: Mr. Dan Bailey, Director of Admissions, Rockland Campus
- A Love Gift at Home for the Holidays
- West Side Story Off-Broadway...A Successful Eight-Show Run
- Nyack Rockland School of Music Winter Concert
- Browse Blog Archive>>