Spring Semester 2016 Deeper Life Series With Dr. Stanley John
This week’s Deeper Life Series speaker at Nyack College is Alliance Theological Seminary’s own Dr. Stanley John. Come be blessed by his dynamic teaching.
Services are February 1, 2, and 3 at 8:00 p.m. and one morning service on February 3 at 10:05 a.m., all on Nyack’s Rockland County campus in Pardington Hall, 45 South Blvd., Nyack, NY.
About Dr. Stanley John
Dr. Stanley John, a member of the Indian diaspora born and raised in Kuwait, is the Director of the Alliance Graduate School of Missions and Intercultural Studies at Alliance Theological Seminary. He is passionate about forming servant leaders for missions in a context of world Christianity, global migration and post-Christendom. By addressing these contextual issues, he believes, we can help prepare the best theologically educated, missionally prepared, and apostolic servant leaders for the global church.
Dr. John serves on the board of India Gospel Ministries, an indigenous church-planting ministry in India, and is a member of the Lausanne Global Diaspora Network.
He received a B.A. in Biblical studies at Zion Bible College, and a M.A. and Ph.D. in Intercultural Studies at Asbury Theological Seminary. His research focuses on the intersection of transnationalism, world Christianity, and global Pentecostalism. His dissertation is titled, “Networks, Agents, and Mission: Transnational Religion of Kerala Pentecostal Churches in a Context of Temporary Economic Migration to Kuwait.” He is currently writing several articles on diaspora mission, city movements, and biography of several American missionaries who served in Kuwait and India.
- Academic Year 2017-2018 Applications Being Accepted for Student Leaders
- Student Spotlight: Jill Kim, AGSC Marriage and Family Therapy Major
- MARCH 2: An Authors' Talk Hosted by Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Program
- MARCH 3: Nyack Rockland Associate Dean Wanda Velez, a Hope Gathering Speaker
- Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, C&MA Metro District Women's Retreat Speaker
- WNYK Pays Tribute to Black History Month
- Feb 18: School of Music's Noel Wippler, a Featured Artist in Mid-Atlantic Jazz Festival
- FEB 18: Purpose Performs at Katonah Village Library
- Nyack Students Participate in NY Student Aid Alliance Event
- Recapturing the Art of Writing Love Letters
- Meet Dynamic NY Talent Trinity Rose on WNYK 88.7FM
- Accreditation Renewed for Nyack by the Association of Christian Schools International
- 2017 Alumni & Friends Phonathon Underway
- Yahoo! for Krysten Peek and Her 7-Continent Run
- Nyack Center Announces Winners of the Martin Luther King Oratory Contest
- Rev. Charles Galbreath--Nyack Chapel Speaker
- Deeper Life Series with Dr. Michael and Mrs. Lisa Plunket
- Udo Middelmann, Civic Engagement Speaker at Nyack Rockland and Nyack New York City
- ATS Alumni Among 2017 Pastors' Prayer Summit Leaders
- Dr. Jacqueline Washington Contributes to Research Article in Nature Microbiology
- Celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Nyack Community Remembers NYC Music Student Curtis Crum III
- 13 of Nyack's Fall Athletes Recognized for Their Academic Excellence
- Save the DAte for Nyack's School of Music Concert at David Geffen Hall, Lincoln Center
- Global Service-Learning Director Updates on Nyack/ATS Teams in Israel
- Browse Blog Archive>>