Spring Semester 2016 Deeper Life Series With Dr. Stanley John
This week’s Deeper Life Series speaker at Nyack College is Alliance Theological Seminary’s own Dr. Stanley John. Come be blessed by his dynamic teaching.
Services are February 1, 2, and 3 at 8:00 p.m. and one morning service on February 3 at 10:05 a.m., all on Nyack’s Rockland County campus in Pardington Hall, 45 South Blvd., Nyack, NY.
About Dr. Stanley John
Dr. Stanley John, a member of the Indian diaspora born and raised in Kuwait, is the Director of the Alliance Graduate School of Missions and Intercultural Studies at Alliance Theological Seminary. He is passionate about forming servant leaders for missions in a context of world Christianity, global migration and post-Christendom. By addressing these contextual issues, he believes, we can help prepare the best theologically educated, missionally prepared, and apostolic servant leaders for the global church.
Dr. John serves on the board of India Gospel Ministries, an indigenous church-planting ministry in India, and is a member of the Lausanne Global Diaspora Network.
He received a B.A. in Biblical studies at Zion Bible College, and a M.A. and Ph.D. in Intercultural Studies at Asbury Theological Seminary. His research focuses on the intersection of transnationalism, world Christianity, and global Pentecostalism. His dissertation is titled, “Networks, Agents, and Mission: Transnational Religion of Kerala Pentecostal Churches in a Context of Temporary Economic Migration to Kuwait.” He is currently writing several articles on diaspora mission, city movements, and biography of several American missionaries who served in Kuwait and India.
- OCT 23-25: Dave Powers Returns for Spiritual Formation's Prayer Summit 2017
- OCT 23: Nyack College School of Music Performance at Steinway Hall
- OCT 26: Behind the Project with Isaiah Velez
- OCT 29: Trunk or Treat Comes to Nyack College Rockland
- Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary Alumni at Metro District Conference "Expectation"
- Movement Day New York City
- Saxophonist Jacob Nevill (NC '08) in Grace Church Concert
- NOV 8-9: Nyack Scholars Symposium and National Hispanic Education Summit at Nyack
- NOV 4: Dr. Anna Flores-Locke to Present at American Counseling Association Event
- WNYK's October Alumni Spotlight: Stephen and Lauri (Boyd) McKnight
- First 2017-2018 Issue of The Forum is Released
- The Amasi Trio in Concert
- Fall Faculty Reading Features Dr. Charles Beach
- FOUNDER'S DAY CHAPEL: C&MA Canada President David Hearn
- Ron Blue Institute Center Comes to Nyack College
- WNYK Re-airs Segments of "Perspectives on Personal Living"
- Nyack Warrior Athletics and Nyack Health Services Host "Pink Out" Events
- Praise Report from Puerto Rico
- Nyack Music Professor Damien Sneed on Stage at Carnegie Hall
- Dr. Lawrence Schiffman, Dead Sea Scrolls Scholar Visits Nyack New York City
- Fashion as WordArt Hosted by Nyack's Rockland Writing Center
- Cultivate Coffee Opens on Campus
- Who's Returning to the Hillside for Homecoming?
- Listening Party for Isaiah Velez
- Borderline Music Fest Features Nyack Alumnus "Skerrit Bwoy"
- Browse Blog Archive>>