Remembering Nyack Professor Emeritus, Dr. Eldon "Woody" Woodcock (1930-2016)
The Nyack College campus received news of the passing of longtime Bible professor Rev. Dr. Eldon Woodcock, a Professor Emeritus with three decades of service to the College.
Rev. Dr. Eldon Woodcock of Wallkill, NY, a beloved husband, father, and Professor Emeritus of Nyack College passed away on Thursday, January 28, 2016, in Newburg. He was 85.
The son of the late Virgil and Beulah Griffith Woodcock, he was born May 12, 1930 in Washington, DC.
He served in the Army during the Korean Conflict having attained the rank of Corporal.
He was a member of the Evangelical Theological Society and an ordained Methodist minister. A published author, he wrote of Hell: An Exhaustive Look at a Burning Issue, Proverbs: A Topical Approach and more than over 100 periodical articles.
He loved the LORD, his family, the "Phillies," and Star Trek.
Survivors include his wife, Elizabeth; son, Michael Woodcock of Kvinestadl, Norway; daughter, Ruth Chanowitz and husband, Michael of Wallkill, NY; eight grandchildren and one great grandchild, Ella; sister, Mary Ann Scott.
Visitation will be from 4:00 to 6:00 p.m. and the funeral service at 7:00 p.m., both on Thursday, February 4 at Goodwill Church, Montgomery, NY. Pastor Josh Stewart and Pastor Doug Rhine will officiate. Burial will be in Dallas-Fort Worth National Cemetery in Dallas, TX.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to Creation Museum, 2800 Bullittsburg Church Rd., Petersburg, KY 41080.
Arrangements were made by Millspaugh Funeral Directors. For more information, please visit millspaughfuneralhome.com
- West Side Story Wows Audiences
- Isa Agape: A WNYK Interview and Worship & Praise Night Leader
- Telling the Nyack Story
- Graduation for Fishkill Cohort 905
- Dr. Elaine Chao, Nyack Honorary Degree Recipient, Named to President-elect Trump's Cabinet
- Good Reads in Forum Issue #2
- WNYK Airs Interviews With West Side Story Cast and Crew
- Accreditation for MA in Marriage and Family Therapy at Alliance Graduate School of Counseling
- Thinking of You With a Grateful Heart...
- Preparing for Christmas and Giving Thanks
- Wall Street Journal College Rankings List Puts Nyack Among Top 20 in the U.S. for Campus Environment
- A West Side Story Who's Who
- Nyack Alumna and Author Linda Graf Shares Message on Bitterness
- Final Colloquium in Fall Series Features Film "Inside Man"
- Dr. David Ireland, Nyack Rockland Chapel Speaker
- Nyack Student Stephanie Fisher, a Guest Conductor at Kathleen Battle Event
- School of Music Students Share Joy at Market Street Mission
- Sean Pica of Hudson Link Visits Nyack Students on Rockland Campus
- Career Talk With New York State Trooper at Nyack Rockland
- Nyack Students Among Top Three Presenters at Biology Conference
- Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement Hosts Nyack Scholars Symposium
- Thank You for Voting for Josh and Jackie Blanchard!
- The New Forum--The Voice of Nyack College Students
- Faculty Recital: Dr. Tammy Lum, pianist
- HYMNFEST - An Evening of Timeless Praise
- Browse Blog Archive>>