Remembering Nyack Professor Emeritus, Dr. Eldon "Woody" Woodcock (1930-2016)
The Nyack College campus received news of the passing of longtime Bible professor Rev. Dr. Eldon Woodcock, a Professor Emeritus with three decades of service to the College.
Rev. Dr. Eldon Woodcock of Wallkill, NY, a beloved husband, father, and Professor Emeritus of Nyack College passed away on Thursday, January 28, 2016, in Newburg. He was 85.
The son of the late Virgil and Beulah Griffith Woodcock, he was born May 12, 1930 in Washington, DC.
He served in the Army during the Korean Conflict having attained the rank of Corporal.
He was a member of the Evangelical Theological Society and an ordained Methodist minister. A published author, he wrote of Hell: An Exhaustive Look at a Burning Issue, Proverbs: A Topical Approach and more than over 100 periodical articles.
He loved the LORD, his family, the "Phillies," and Star Trek.
Survivors include his wife, Elizabeth; son, Michael Woodcock of Kvinestadl, Norway; daughter, Ruth Chanowitz and husband, Michael of Wallkill, NY; eight grandchildren and one great grandchild, Ella; sister, Mary Ann Scott.
Visitation will be from 4:00 to 6:00 p.m. and the funeral service at 7:00 p.m., both on Thursday, February 4 at Goodwill Church, Montgomery, NY. Pastor Josh Stewart and Pastor Doug Rhine will officiate. Burial will be in Dallas-Fort Worth National Cemetery in Dallas, TX.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to Creation Museum, 2800 Bullittsburg Church Rd., Petersburg, KY 41080.
Arrangements were made by Millspaugh Funeral Directors. For more information, please visit millspaughfuneralhome.com
- OCT 20-21: Movement Day New York City
- OCT 21: Saxophonist Jacob Nevill (NC '08) in Grace Church Concert
- OCT 23: Nyack College School of Music Performance at Steinway Hall
- OCT 26: Behind the Project with Isaiah Velez
- Fall Faculty Reading Features Dr. Charles Beach
- FOUNDER'S DAY CHAPEL: C&MA Canada President David Hearn
- Ron Blue Institute Center Comes to Nyack College
- WNYK Re-airs Segments of "Perspectives on Personal Living"
- Nyack Warrior Athletics and Nyack Health Services Host "Pink Out" Events
- Praise Report from Puerto Rico
- Nyack Music Professor Damien Sneed on Stage at Carnegie Hall
- Dr. Lawrence Schiffman, Dead Sea Scrolls Scholar Visits Nyack New York City
- Fashion as WordArt Hosted by Nyack's Rockland Writing Center
- Cultivate Coffee Opens on Campus
- Who's Returning to the Hillside for Homecoming?
- Listening Party for Isaiah Velez
- Borderline Music Fest Features Nyack Alumnus "Skerrit Bwoy"
- SEPT 29: ATS Celebrating National Hispanic Heritage Month
- Update on Nyack's Seminary Branch in Puerto Rico
- September Alumni Spotlight on WNYK: Pastor Greg Haueter
- What Nyack Warriors Are Doing to Fight For Survivors of Recent Natural Disasters
- Nyack's Women's Soccer Team Fundraises for Pediatric Cancer Programs
- WNYK Interviews Borderline Music Performer, Dave Pettigrew
- Nyack Night at the Borderline Music Festival
- SEPT 21: The Write Down Features Fine Print Contributors
- Browse Blog Archive>>