Remembering Nyack Professor Emeritus, Dr. Eldon "Woody" Woodcock (1930-2016)
The Nyack College campus received news of the passing of longtime Bible professor Rev. Dr. Eldon Woodcock, a Professor Emeritus with three decades of service to the College.
Rev. Dr. Eldon Woodcock of Wallkill, NY, a beloved husband, father, and Professor Emeritus of Nyack College passed away on Thursday, January 28, 2016, in Newburg. He was 85.
The son of the late Virgil and Beulah Griffith Woodcock, he was born May 12, 1930 in Washington, DC.
He served in the Army during the Korean Conflict having attained the rank of Corporal.
He was a member of the Evangelical Theological Society and an ordained Methodist minister. A published author, he wrote of Hell: An Exhaustive Look at a Burning Issue, Proverbs: A Topical Approach and more than over 100 periodical articles.
He loved the LORD, his family, the "Phillies," and Star Trek.
Survivors include his wife, Elizabeth; son, Michael Woodcock of Kvinestadl, Norway; daughter, Ruth Chanowitz and husband, Michael of Wallkill, NY; eight grandchildren and one great grandchild, Ella; sister, Mary Ann Scott.
Visitation will be from 4:00 to 6:00 p.m. and the funeral service at 7:00 p.m., both on Thursday, February 4 at Goodwill Church, Montgomery, NY. Pastor Josh Stewart and Pastor Doug Rhine will officiate. Burial will be in Dallas-Fort Worth National Cemetery in Dallas, TX.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to Creation Museum, 2800 Bullittsburg Church Rd., Petersburg, KY 41080.
Arrangements were made by Millspaugh Funeral Directors. For more information, please visit millspaughfuneralhome.com
- Academic Year 2017-2018 Applications Being Accepted for Student Leaders
- Student Spotlight: Jill Kim, AGSC Marriage and Family Therapy Major
- MARCH 2: An Authors' Talk Hosted by Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Program
- MARCH 3: Nyack Rockland Associate Dean Wanda Velez, a Hope Gathering Speaker
- Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, C&MA Metro District Women's Retreat Speaker
- WNYK Pays Tribute to Black History Month
- Feb 18: School of Music's Noel Wippler, a Featured Artist in Mid-Atlantic Jazz Festival
- FEB 18: Purpose Performs at Katonah Village Library
- Nyack Students Participate in NY Student Aid Alliance Event
- Recapturing the Art of Writing Love Letters
- Meet Dynamic NY Talent Trinity Rose on WNYK 88.7FM
- Accreditation Renewed for Nyack by the Association of Christian Schools International
- 2017 Alumni & Friends Phonathon Underway
- Yahoo! for Krysten Peek and Her 7-Continent Run
- Nyack Center Announces Winners of the Martin Luther King Oratory Contest
- Rev. Charles Galbreath--Nyack Chapel Speaker
- Deeper Life Series with Dr. Michael and Mrs. Lisa Plunket
- Udo Middelmann, Civic Engagement Speaker at Nyack Rockland and Nyack New York City
- ATS Alumni Among 2017 Pastors' Prayer Summit Leaders
- Dr. Jacqueline Washington Contributes to Research Article in Nature Microbiology
- Celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Nyack Community Remembers NYC Music Student Curtis Crum III
- 13 of Nyack's Fall Athletes Recognized for Their Academic Excellence
- Save the DAte for Nyack's School of Music Concert at David Geffen Hall, Lincoln Center
- Global Service-Learning Director Updates on Nyack/ATS Teams in Israel
- Browse Blog Archive>>