Remembering Nyack Professor Emeritus, Dr. Eldon "Woody" Woodcock (1930-2016)
The Nyack College campus received news of the passing of longtime Bible professor Rev. Dr. Eldon Woodcock, a Professor Emeritus with three decades of service to the College.
Rev. Dr. Eldon Woodcock of Wallkill, NY, a beloved husband, father, and Professor Emeritus of Nyack College passed away on Thursday, January 28, 2016, in Newburg. He was 85.
The son of the late Virgil and Beulah Griffith Woodcock, he was born May 12, 1930 in Washington, DC.
He served in the Army during the Korean Conflict having attained the rank of Corporal.
He was a member of the Evangelical Theological Society and an ordained Methodist minister. A published author, he wrote of Hell: An Exhaustive Look at a Burning Issue, Proverbs: A Topical Approach and more than over 100 periodical articles.
He loved the LORD, his family, the "Phillies," and Star Trek.
Survivors include his wife, Elizabeth; son, Michael Woodcock of Kvinestadl, Norway; daughter, Ruth Chanowitz and husband, Michael of Wallkill, NY; eight grandchildren and one great grandchild, Ella; sister, Mary Ann Scott.
Visitation will be from 4:00 to 6:00 p.m. and the funeral service at 7:00 p.m., both on Thursday, February 4 at Goodwill Church, Montgomery, NY. Pastor Josh Stewart and Pastor Doug Rhine will officiate. Burial will be in Dallas-Fort Worth National Cemetery in Dallas, TX.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to Creation Museum, 2800 Bullittsburg Church Rd., Petersburg, KY 41080.
Arrangements were made by Millspaugh Funeral Directors. For more information, please visit millspaughfuneralhome.com
- New Edition of The Forum Published
- March 29: The Amasi Trio in Concert
- OPENING MARCH 31: Nyack's Spring Play: The Importance of Being Earnest
- MARCH 31: Nyack College and Local Entrepreneurs to Compete for Over $22,000 in Prizes
- Nyack College Opera Workshop Presents Verdi's "La Traviata"
- MARCH 25: Dr. Guy Waters - Plenary Speaker for Evangelical Theological Society Conference
- Nyack Alumna, Kathia Benitez Is Director of sustainNU program at Northwestern University
- Alliance Graduate School of Counseling Reunion at NYC Campus
- Bach's 332nd Birthday Bash
- The Gates Way to Medieval Times
- March 18: Hudson River Pianofest 2017 at Nyack College
- President Michael G. Scales to Begin New Term on CICU Board
- Udo Middelmann Returns to Nyack College for Colloquium on Civic Engagement
- Nyack School of Music Students on Harry Connick Jr. Show
- What Is Love? Nyack Rockland Artists Answer the Question
- American Red Cross Blood Drive at Nyack College
- Founder/CEO Evelyn Bautista-Miller Is CSGE Colloquium Speaker
- ATS Missions Retreat at Mount Crescent House
- Academic Year 2017-2018 Applications Being Accepted for Student Leaders
- Nyack Rockland Associate Dean Wanda Velez, a Hope Gathering Speaker
- MARCH 2: An Authors' Talk Hosted by Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Program
- Fifth Anniversary Celebration & Silent Auction to Benefit Empower Program
- Student Spotlight: Jill Kim, AGSC Marriage and Family Therapy Major
- Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, C&MA Metro District Women's Retreat Speaker
- Browse Blog Archive>>